'This is war': Florida sheriff urges citizens to arm themselves in case of attack

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 30,712 Senior Member
We got us some good Sheriff's here in FLA...............some are ate up with PC, but not this fine lawman.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/10/this-is-war-florida-sheriff-urges-citizens-to-arm-themselves-in-case-attack.html
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,147 Senior Member
    Wayne Ivey is our sheriff, for the past several years he has been on TV, telling people to arm themselves, go to the range and practice, etc.

There are several other sheriff's, police chief's here in central Fl. that have also been on TV telling people the same thing.

Central Fl. is a heavy pro gun area.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,827 Senior Member
    It's about time an "official" admitted what most of us here have known for a WHILE
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,688 Senior Member
    That's our sheriff - and its not the first time he's said this publicly. My wife actually met him a few months back.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,827 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    That's our sheriff - and its not the first time he's said this publicly. My wife actually met him a few months back.
    :applause:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,535 Senior Member
    Telling it like it is. You don't see this very often.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 844 Senior Member
    Unfortunately our guy needs to be removed, extremely anti-gun. Unfortunately, come election time, those running against him cannot compete with his war chest
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    "Controversial" my ass Fox!
  • DanoobieDanoobie Member Posts: 95 Member
    It seems a shame the Sherif has to tell people what they should already know,
    by now. OTOH, here in NC Florida, it's quiet, when you hear gunfire, it's somebody
    shooting at their own range.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,421 Senior Member
    My sheriff and former boss is all about Amendment 2. So is the whole office. Every 4th of July, they fire a cannon in town which is loud and causes a lot of phone calls, but there it is. Hell, it's our nation's birthday. He's very popular, too...I live in a Republican county (Oconee Co., GA) with low crime which increases confidence in ALL Amendments. He'll retire after this term and will be missed.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,587 Senior Member
    Sheriff Clark in Milwaukee has been saying that for years, and he's a Democrat!!

The local police and sheriffs encourage and help people get concealed carry permits, makes there job easier!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,500 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Sheriff Clark in Milwaukee has been saying that for years, and he's a Democrat!!

The local police and sheriffs encourage and help people get concealed carry permits, makes there job easier!

Only Democrat I have ever voted for was the Sheriff back in Ohio. When Ohio passed their CCW law, Sheriff Wilson set up his office immediately to get people their licenses quickly. While the other Sheriff's were handing out paper licenses, Sheriff Wilson invested in the equipment to give out actual plastic cards just like a drivers license.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file