Voter registration form 4473?

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 17,979 Senior Member
How about doing the same kind of background check we're required to endure to purchase a gun for anyone who wants to exercise their constitutional right to vote? Maybe there could be another one for somebody who wants to use the internet, Twitter, Facebook, etc.? I'd really like to see who some of the people who post here actually are- - - - -it would be really enlightening to see the face behind the keyboard! Some of 'em talk a good game, but they're conspicuously absent anytime there's an opportunity to meet face to face! Yep, you phony people know who you are!
Jerry
Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,190 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    ............... Yep, you phony people know who you are!
    Jerry

:spittingcoffee:

"It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you." :silly: :silly:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member

Ok here I am
    I have a need for speed
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,092 Senior Member
    How about doing the same kind of background check we're required to endure to purchase a gun for anyone who wants to exercise their constitutional right to vote?

How about we remove the 4473 requirement from new gun purchases? More liberty, never less!
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,979 Senior Member
    Both ideas are about as likely as finding a chicken with lips or an honest politician!
    Jerry
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,190 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »

Ok here I am

"Will the Lone Ranger triumph as he fights on for justice, law, and order? Be sure to be with us next week at the same time......................."

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,092 Senior Member
    Both ideas are about as likely as finding a chicken with lips or an honest politician!
    Jerry

True statement....
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    Yeah, and monkeys might fly out your butt!

NC tried to pass a simple Voter ID law and the 4th Circuit United States Court of Appeals shot it down saying its provisions deliberately “target African-Americans with almost surgical precision” in an effort to depress black turnout at the polls. If you can't ask to see an ID (and NC was even going to issue free state ID cards for low income people) ain't no way the Dorkicrats and liberal judges would let that fly ... not even sure the SCOTUS would up hold it now???
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Well, since you gotta have a valid photo ID to get an EBT card or apply for welfare, I think I smell something like a three week old gut pile in July on that voter ID thing. And having to pass a NICS check to vote would be a good idea for several reasons. Find the felons attempting to vote and have them arrested, and find people with outstanding warrants. Win-Win. And no voting the graveyards, or at least making it harder. Win-Win-Win. And no illegal aliens voting, either. Win-Win-Win-Win!
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

If it's "common sense" to require everybody to pass a background check before attending a gun show or gifting a family heirloom muzzleloader or a war trophy to a grandkid, or buying a kid his/her first .22 plinker, why should the dummycraps be allowed to take advantage of the "graveyard loophole"?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    The Mid-Terms are going to be interesting ... I can see the ****, ANTIFA, BLM, etc hanging around the 50 foot line. They won't bother me but older voters and such ... who knows?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    The Mid-Terms are going to be interesting ... I can see the ****, ANTIFA, BLM, etc hanging around the 50 foot line. They won't bother me but older voters and such ... who knows?

I'm an older voter, and them hanging around wouldn't make me no never mind. And they wouldn't show up out in the boonies where I vote anyway. On the other hand, if those groups get out of hand with their shenanigans it might cause an armed insurrection to sort those folks out. Voting is one thing that you don't mess with without consequences. Maybe a few Battle of Athens, TN might be needed to sort things out regarding those shenanigans.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

NCFUBAR wrote: »
    I can see the ****, ANTIFA, BLM, etc hanging around the 50 foot line.

Classic example of a "target-rich environment"! Lock and load!
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,866 Senior Member
    If it's "common sense" to require everybody to pass a background check before attending a gun show or gifting a family heirloom muzzleloader or a war trophy to a grandkid, or buying a kid his/her first .22 plinker, why should the dummycraps be allowed to take advantage of the "graveyard loophole"?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Or the non citizen loop hole, or a few others. I think that if the Repooblicans want to stay in power this idea would be a real good first step to insure elections are fair. Damn, they're in the majority, they own the house, the senate, the SCOTUS, and the Executive Branch. They should be able to do away with Obama Care and put something in place, doing a Tax bill and straightening up the Immigration situation. AND they should be able to put something like this in place to insure elections are held on the up and up. I'm not big on compromising with the breed of democrats we have these days, but you'd think Republicans could compromise within their own camp. And you'd think they could pass laws that would stop the stupid in Washington.

Oh one more thing, there is a move within the sanctuary cities to openly allow non citizens to vote. If they do this, then their votes in national elections should not be allowed to count. I think the idea is totally corrupt in the first place. But if a state or city wants to do that, then their votes should not be allowed to count in any election that affects the rest of us.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file