SHARE Act (including the HPA) Clears House Committee

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,227 Senior Member
The House Committee passed the SHARE Act on for full House consideration ... first step in a long hard journey.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170913/nra-backed-share-act-passes-committee

Here's a question posed to me, if this thing by some miracle makes it through and Trump signs it what happens in states where gun control is so tight you can't right now own a suppressor? I can just see Jerry Brown and crew with their mag bans, threaded barrel rules, "approve firearms" list etc ... they will flip.
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,080 Senior Member
    I live in a free state, so doesn't me no never mind what other states do.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,681 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    ...I can just see Jerry Brown and crew with their mag bans, threaded barrel rules, "approve firearms" list etc ... they will flip.

I sure hope so!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,072 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    The House Committee passed the SHARE Act on for full House consideration ... first step in a long hard journey.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170913/nra-backed-share-act-passes-committee

Here's a question posed to me, if this thing by some miracle makes it through and Trump signs it what happens in states where gun control is so tight you can't right now own a suppressor? I can just see Jerry Brown and crew with their mag bans, threaded barrel rules, "approve firearms" list etc ... they will flip.

They will all of a sudden find their confederate roots and start spouting off about "states rights"
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    They will all of a sudden find their confederate roots and start spouting off about "states rights"

:spittingcoffee: States rights ended in 1865 when we became an Imperial Republic. As long as the 9th Circus Court rules out there, they are pretty safe doing whatever they want regarding firearms, and so is Oregon and Washington. Trying to fight a stacked deck is a fool's errand.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,534 Senior Member

States rights are a bad thing?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »

Its a two edged sword.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,409 Senior Member
    Fantastic step in the right direction!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,534 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Its a two edged sword.

Yes it is what if someone like Hilda beast gets elected? Then will folks still be happy with federal law trumping states rights. I get it.it's a good thing but also very dangerous.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    "Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes."

The MAJOR stumbling block will be in the House of Representatives. Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, is a sworn enemy of the 2nd Amendment, and is already on record as opposing the whole thing. That fool is beginning to make McCain look like a staunch conservative.

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,080 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The MAJOR stumbling block will be in the House of Representatives. Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, is a sworn enemy of the 2nd Amendment, and is already on record as opposing the whole thing. That fool is beginning to make McCain look like a staunch conservative.

If I recall I said PR was a piece of when he took over. "Oh no, give him a chance! He is better than ______!"
    Be interesting to see if folks opinions have changed.
    Anyway I hope this passes, but hold my breath I will not.

As far as a states rights issue, it's not. It's federal law NOW. Making it favorable on the side of freedom is more better. And if a state doesn't like suppressors, they can make a law preventing their ownership. Or make big hoops to jump through like some commie states have.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,072 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

Absolutely not. However, Democrats LOVE a strong, overbearing central Govt right up to the point that it runs counter to their statist desires. Then they will cry 'states rights' to try and keep their power.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,040 Senior Member
    Absolutely not. However, Democrats LOVE a strong, overbearing central Govt right up to the point that it runs counter to their statist desires. Then they will cry 'states rights' to try and keep their power.

Unless a state passes a law legalizing marijuana. Then they think it's ok.

There's a word for that.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Unless a state passes a law legalizing marijuana. Then they think it's ok.

There's a word for that.

There's a whole string of words for that. Unfortunately, the autocensor would delete every single one of them! :rotflmao:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file