Ear protection (electronic muffs)

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 8,899 Senior Member
My pair of Howard Leight electronic ear muffs have seemed to pull a vanishing act. Besides Peltor, does anyone make a decent pair of electronic muffs that have 'behind the head' band?
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,129 Senior Member
    I got a pair of Walkers earlier this year from Amazon. Been using them for IDPA and so far they’ve been great.

ETA: Whoops, I didn’t catch the headband requirement. But they’re still good.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,140 Senior Member
    Muff style aside from Peltor I only can come up with MSAs. They call their setup a neckband but still has a soft strap over top of the head ... they are comfortable, stay in place and work well with helmet or such but they are EXPENSIVE like $250. I can’t see that price for my use over my Peltor Tac 100s I paid less than $60 for or a set of Leights for less than $50.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,249 Senior Member
    Peltor is the answer. Pro Ears makes some too, but mine are pretty lackluster and weren’t worth the steep price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • neosamneosam New Member Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm very pleased with my ProEars Pro 300 . It is very comfortable to wear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file