• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    "What did he have on Bill and Hillary?"

:jester:
    Support your local Scouts!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,169 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Occam's Razor applies....

Hey, that dude was SHARP :conehead: :tooth: :roll2: :rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Las Vegas gunman shot security guard a full six minutes before opening fire on concertgoers, police reveal

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-shooting-20171009-story.html
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    His brother flew out to LV to have him cremated and set up some kinda trust for the victims with his money..............oh wait why a cremation.....is he trying to make sure something about him is never gonna be found out?

Have they done their autopsy, will there ever be a need to do another? What are his brother and the Feds trying to hide here?

YouTube has the answers folks :jester:

Avert your eyes, don't look directly into the light!:jester:
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    This morning's heads just announced that a major portion of the police report about the sequence of events was incorrect. Seems that the security guard was shot through the door before the rest of the shooting rather than at the end of it. Also appears that a maintenance guy was shot in the hallway also. In addition to the story changing around quite a bit, they also claim that the perp fired 200 rounds through the door at the security guy. I really doubt that.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,465 Senior Member
    It was also my understanding from the get-go that the security guard was shot through the door before the other shooting occurred. He notified the police that a shooting had occurred initially. He was investigating a door alarm.

There has been and is a lot of false information and innuendo coming from the media. As for the police reports being wrong, I don't know that anyone has seen a police report since it's an ongoing investigation.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Gene L wrote: »
    It was also my understanding from the get-go that the security guard was shot through the door before the other shooting occurred. He notified the police that a shooting had occurred initially. He was investigating a door alarm.

There has been and is a lot of false information and innuendo coming from the media. As for the police reports being wrong, I don't know that anyone has seen a police report since it's an ongoing investigation.

The press conference where the police chief announced that the security guard was a hero because the shooter didn't fire at the concertgoers after the incident with the security guard may have been interpreted as sort of a report.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,114 Senior Member
    “We can’t put Band-Aids on everything,” Officer Larry Hadfield, a spokesman for the department, told Fox News on Tuesday when asked about the change in the timeline. He said the information police release is what they know at the time and everything is subject to change as the investigation develops.

One of the major changes in the revised timeline is when hotel security guard Jesus Campos was shot. Police learned that he was shot before the attack, not after, as was previously stated. Paddock also checked into the hotel three days earlier than first reported.

How many days he stayed in the hotel and when the security guard was shot are easy facts to verify before reporting to the press.

The MGM Grand people are publically claiming the police are reporting inaccurately.

Debra DeShong, a spokeswoman for MGM, said in a statement, “We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline that has been communicated publically (sic), and we believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/11/mgm-resorts-disputes-las-vegas-police-timeline-shooting.html
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
    Well now they say he was allowed to use the Service Elevator being a 'High Roller' thus avoiding a lot of the scrutiny using the customer ones may have gotten him with all his luggage.

His GF is on the No-Fly list now and his brother is also being "Watched-Investigated"........they seem to think they know more than they are telling or something to help put the puzzle together.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/officials-las-vegas-gunmans-girlfriend-added-travel-watch/story?id=50405805

http://abcnews.go.com/US/officials-las-vegas-gunmans-girlfriend-added-travel-watch/story?id=50405805
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,911 Senior Member
    I'm starting to believe that they may have been overwhelmed, initially, with the large multiple crime scenes, high victim count, and massive amounts of video. Likely, they were trying to move very fast, in order to apprehend accomplices, and when there were none (of an obvious nature, anyway), they have had to regroup and re-organize several times.

The FBI will probably eventually sort it all out, with their huge resources of manpower and technology, but as we have seen, they have their own agenda and will not be rushed, nor will they give out a lot of info to the public. I have serious doubts about the competency of the Las Vega PD, but I don't know if my opinion on them has any merit, since I am ignorant of their reputation as crime investigators.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,911 Senior Member
    Also, all those videos they have are time stamped and may not be 'calibrated' to each other, so that takes time to sort out.
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 377 Member
    The plot thickens. Paddock's home, now a crime scene was burglarized this past weekend. Time to invest in aluminum foil futures.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/11/las-vegas-shooters-home-broken-into-despite-intense-fbi-police-interest.html
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    The plot thickens. Paddock's home, now a crime scene was burglarized this past weekend. Time to invest in aluminum foil futures.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/11/las-vegas-shooters-home-broken-into-despite-intense-fbi-police-interest.html

You would thunk any properties/houses owned by that maniac would be secured 24/7............

Ned, get out yer TFH, put it on and look into the depths of a steel pot helmet filled with water from canteens and stir it with your entrenching tool to get us some answers...............:tooth:
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,323 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    He actually isn't the choirboy the MSM is making him out to be. He has a couple of bench warrants out on him in California, and has been arrested for assault, and been in front of a judge on several occasions, but has never done anything that would flag him on a NICS check.

Reports of two rifles firing from different areas is easily explained, and if you've fired any rounds in bare hill areas from the bottom of the hollow, then you know about echoes. Cities are same-same; those tall FLAT FACED buildings will make sound echo really well, and the more of them there are, the more echoes you're going to get.

He DID visit some of the public firing ranges in Las Vegas. They already know that. But even if he didn't that doesn't stop up any holes. If you've been to Nevada then you know that the state is mostly Federal land, and there are literally hundreds of square miles one can go to and shoot enough to make it sound like a small brush war and nobody would likely be in hearing distance. And with what he was planning, I'd think that he'd want to keep it to himself as to all that practice. Less questions to answer about all that shooting.

This isn't the first time he planned a shooting. They have info now that he planned shootings in Boston and other cities having big events. And one of them was in Las Vegas at another previous outdoor concert.

Look at the perpetrators of some of the other mass shootings. The Virginia college shooter was a little creepy and a butthead, but no one suspected him of planning the shooting he carried out at the college. The shooter that killed the all the kids in a Connecticut school children was mentally ill, killed his mother, took the guns from the house and shot up the school. The guy that killed the black people in the church was a failure of the background check system; he should have been prohibited from buying but slipped through due to error of not posting his record on the system. The shooter that shot up the theater in Aurora, Colorado, James Holmes, was known by the college he was attending to be mentally ill, but had not been adjudicated by the court as mentally ill, so this had not been uploaded to the NICS, system, and as such was not a prohibited person.

There's a pattern here; the most recent (year 2000 forward) mass shooters were all suffering from some mental illness. Two were diagnosed as such, yet they still got their hands on guns to commit the crimes. We don't have a gun problem, we have an undiagnosed mental illness problem. And you can thank the states for defunding most mental health facilities to pay for the unending Federal mandates on the states for 'feel good' legislation that kicked the mentally ill to the curb, and that's documented fact.
    Echo was also my first thought and marksmanship training was not really needed for the scenario.
    Antonio wrote: »
    What about the sonic boom the bullets make? When taking my turn at the local Army 200 meters rifle range pit I can clearly hear the blast of the rifle followed by the "Crack!" of the bullet breaking the sound barrier...that might have believe the "non-gun people" that 2 weapons were firing at the same time.
    A good possibility. We had M-60s fired over our heads in Army basic. The crack is quite loud.

The media does not need to see any police reports when their modus operandi (MO) is solving any lack of information by simply making it up.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,244 Senior Member
    While I don’t know how good this guy’s science is ... I did think I heard 2 different sounds of rifle reports but I was thinking the guy was going from the 5.56Nato to a 7.62Nato ... just another grassy (or sandy) knoll shooter?

http://gunsinthenews.com/incredible-forensic-acoustic-analysis-demonstrates-second-shooter-las-vegas/
    “More importantly, when the audio from the Las Vegas shooting is analyzed, it reveals TWO shooters operating at the same time, not just one shooter,” Adams added. “Shooter #1 is operating at 425 – 475 yards, which is consistent with the Mandalay Bay hotel, but shooter #2 is operating at approximately 250 – 270 yards.”
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,556 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    A good possibility. We had M-60s fired over our heads in Army basic. The crack is quite loud.

Are you sure?

I was on range detail on live fire day. They made the M60 sounds using a tank of compressed gas. We had to unhook them at the end of the day. When we got back to the barracks, many guys swore up and down they saw the tracers going overhead.........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    When I was in the army, we had classes on "Crack to Thump." It was a way of determining the range of someone shooting at you. The crack was the bullet passing overhead, and you counted the seconds to the thump, which was the report of the rifle. I forget the speed of sound, but generally where we were headed, the training was useless.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    When I was in the army, we had classes on "Crack to Thump." It was a way of determining the range of someone shooting at you. The crack was the bullet passing overhead, and you counted the seconds to the thump, which was the report of the rifle. I forget the speed of sound, but generally where we were headed, the training was useless.

Should be the same as lighting to thunder, 5 seconds per mile.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,764 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Are you sure?

I was on range detail on live fire day. They made the M60 sounds using a tank of compressed gas. We had to unhook them at the end of the day. When we got back to the barracks, many guys swore up and down they saw the tracers going overhead.........

I'm sure...we had to police up the piles of brass from a pair of M60s on the "infiltration course"...The guns had their barrels surrounded by a wooden limiter frame so they couldn't be depressed enough to hit anyone....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Sure it's the same, just in yards rather than miles.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file