The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

18588598618638641018

Replies

  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Glad to hear ya got the truck back and the 4WD works like it's supposed to now. Hauling more fuel for the fireplace is important!

    Getting wood is really a hobby now, I have more that I can burn in a season; but, if someone puts out a good piece or two for
    the City to pick up, I'll get it.

    Last whole trees I got, was to help out people getting a tree cut down and then they did not have to pay to have it hauled off.
    I have a need for speed
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,567 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Picked up the truck today
    it works.

    Used the 4WD in the neighbor's yard.

    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,151 Senior Member
    Heck, enough wood on the curbs and roadsides around here to fill a dozen semi-trailers from the Hurricane. They were around today picking up the curbside brush, cut trees and limbs. I imagine firewood will be cheap around here this Winter, free to stock up for the asking.

    Only a couple weeks a year anyone needs a fireplace around here in FLA. It can hit the 20s or or even teens a few nights though.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »

    Well, they do mud bog driving down the road a piece.

    And before they put a gate on the forest road back here, it was done there, too.
    I had to go back there and pull #1 son's truck out after he tried that, plus others.
    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

    Only a couple weeks a year anyone needs a fireplace around here in FLA. It can hit the 20s or or even teens a few nights though.
    Yeah, I remember back in 65-66 when we were at PCOLA, we'd have ice on the puddles in the morning.
    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Heck, enough wood on the curbs and roadsides around here to fill a dozen semi-trailers from the Hurricane. .
    A Hurricane can decimate a wood lot
    I have a need for speed
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,370 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    ATTEMPTING to order a big bunch of machine tools stuff. If it wasn't for the excellent, and I mean EXCELLENT customer service I get from KBC tools, I'd tell them to their hat. Because their website SUCKS ASS.

    And there's another $160. Should hold me over the winter providing I don't break too much. Got an internal lap for a secret squirrel project. Totally not required, but, I want things tight tolerance and smooth.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,151 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Yeah, I remember back in 65-66 when we were at PCOLA, we'd have ice on the puddles in the morning.

    Had the exposed PVC water pipes coming from the well and water softener freeze up before here, worked fine after the sun came out.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Had the exposed PVC water pipes coming from the well and water softener freeze up before here, worked fine after the sun came out.

    Fortunate they did not burst, hey.

    There is a type of that pipe that resists bursting if it freezes, though.
    I have a need for speed
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,910 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    There is a type of that pipe that resists bursting if it freezes, though.
    PEX.
  • RAEIndustriesRAEIndustries Member Posts: 68 Member
    still chasing the brick :)
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,151 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Fortunate they did not burst, hey.

    There is a type of that pipe that resists bursting if it freezes, though.

    Good to run some water before you go to bed and flush the crappers if you know a hard freeze is coming here. I remember folks letting a faucet drip all night years ago.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,850 Senior Member
    still chasing the brick :)

    Ned has it...he's posted pictures of it.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,275 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Getting wood is really a hobby now, I have more that I can burn in a season; but, if someone puts out a good piece or two for
    the City to pick up, I'll get it.

    Last whole trees I got, was to help out people getting a tree cut down and then they did not have to pay to have it hauled off.

    Well, you're helping your neighbors, and that's the right thing to do. And you get some good wood to burn in the process. Makes both parties happy, and doing something like that for a neighbor is a good thing.
    NN wrote: »
    Yeah, I remember back in 65-66 when we were at PCOLA, we'd have ice on the puddles in the morning.

    A few years back when that BIG swarm of tornadoes went through AL, GA, and TN there were a lot of trees ruined here locally. A tornado between where I live and Sweetwater, TN took out about a 100 yard wide by around 2 mile long swath of mostly oak and hickory. It was along a ridge and across about 7 farms. There was very little standing, and the trees were totally ruined for making lumber. Tornadoes are bad, but they're more localized destruction.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,985 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Getting wood is really a hobby now, I have more that I can burn in a season; but, if someone puts out a good piece or two for
    the City to pick up, I'll get it.

    Last whole trees I got, was to help out people getting a tree cut down and then they did not have to pay to have it hauled off.

    Drive on down here, there's more firewood sitting curbside than you could burn in 10 years! And that's just in my neighborhood.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,370 Senior Member
    So....fly cutting aluminum on the mill. Learned some things, but overall not tea bag. But it uh.....makes a MESS.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,567 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Good to run some water before you go to bed and flush the crappers if you know a hard freeze is coming here. I remember folks letting a faucet drip all night years ago.

    Our city had us do that for about 7 weeks a few winters ago, the whole town, never had to do that before, no snow.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,275 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    So....fly cutting aluminum on the mill. Learned some things, but overall not tea bag. But it uh.....makes a MESS.

    With aluminum, light cuts are mo betta, IMHE (In My Humble Experience :tooth:)

    About that tea bag comment, what in the name of Rudy are you doing???????:silly::silly::silly::silly::rotflmao:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,370 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    With aluminum, light cuts are mo betta, IMHE (In My Humble Experience :tooth:)

    About that tea bag comment, what in the name of Rudy are you doing???????:silly::silly::silly::silly::rotflmao:
    I was making pretty light cuts. And I was making a decent chip. Not little shavings, but chips. Looked good on the finish, till the ends of the piece. Hanging out the vice caused chatter. Probably should have slowed it down.

    As to the tea bag, I've been watching to much aVe on YouTube. He's been doing some BAD ASS destructive testing of ratchets lately.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    I was over-caked yesterday
    gained 3 pounds.
    I have a need for speed
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,286 Senior Member
    Lightning fast margarita.

    Crushed ice in glass
    add margarita mix
    add tequila to taste



    I think to taste is covered, I had to is the spell check 5 times in above statement....... and once here, good night
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,194 Senior Member
    Spent the last 4 days in Chicago. Reinforced my desire to not go to Chicago
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,985 Senior Member
    Now I'm confused...

    Two upcoming performances, one on the 28th, the other on the 29th. One we're doing a veil dance, the other we're not. One we're wearing skirts, the other we're wearing pants.

    And I haven't a CLUE which is which right now...

    :uhm:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,151 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Now I'm confused...

    Two upcoming performances, one on the 28th, the other on the 29th. One we're doing a veil dance, the other we're not. One we're wearing skirts, the other we're wearing pants.

    And I haven't a CLUE which is which right now...

    :uhm:

    Heck, just wear yer pants under yer skirts.............simple change either way. Your welcome!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,567 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Spent the last 4 days in Chicago. Reinforced my desire to not go to Chicago

    The Blackhawks are currently playing the Wild in Chicago, and the Blackhawks are currently losing, so there is that.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,370 Senior Member
    Kid broke her arm earlier this summer at cheer camp.
    Arm healed just fine.
    Kid was supposed to wear her damn brace like I said when she was cheer leading.
    Kid laid out the brace, forgot to bring it.
    Kid fell again.
    Kid re-broke the arm.
    Kid is getting to stay overnight in the hospital and have surgery tomorrow.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,850 Senior Member
    Ouch!!!

    That sounds like no fun at all!!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,985 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Heck, just wear yer pants under yer skirts.............simple change either way. Your welcome!

    That reminds me of a story...

    Normally, I do wear pants under my skirts when I dance - most dancers do. This prevents any un-intended "costume malfunctions" - especially on a raised stage.

    Except one time...

    No raised stage, just a normal restaurant gig. I knew what I was going to dance, and as it was hotter than a boiled owl, I decided to NOT wear pants (just undies) - I wasn't worried about "accidents". And there weren't any - thank Goddess - BUT, one of my teachers was there and drafted me to dance with her troupe doing a skirt dance that I know very well. Part of this dance involves lifting one's skirt high overhead while facing AWAY from the audience. "I dinnae know you were going to take her into battle, captain!".

    Still no problem, right? Except we were then facing the sound guy - a very good friend of mine - sitting at his board. I just was NOT going to "do that" to him, so I kept my skirt down in that part of the dance. He appreciated it when I discussed the dilemma with him later!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,985 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Kid broke her arm earlier this summer at cheer camp.
    Arm healed just fine.
    Kid was supposed to wear her damn brace like I said when she was cheer leading.
    Kid laid out the brace, forgot to bring it.
    Kid fell again.
    Kid re-broke the arm.
    Kid is getting to stay overnight in the hospital and have surgery tomorrow.

    OWOWOWOWOWOWWWW!!!! :yikes:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,599 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Kid broke her arm earlier this summer at cheer camp.
    Arm healed just fine.
    Kid was supposed to wear her damn brace like I said when she was cheer leading.
    Kid laid out the brace, forgot to bring it.
    Kid fell again.
    Kid re-broke the arm.
    Kid is getting to stay overnight in the hospital and have surgery tomorrow.

    Oh Damn, that sucks. Well wishes for your little girl.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file