Storm Lake Conversion Barrel

LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior MemberPosts: 8,156 Senior Member
I decided recently to try a Storm Lake Conversion 9mm barrel in my M&P40. $160 from Midway. I already have a handful of full size 9mm magazines for my 9c; I just removed the grip adaptors to test the barrel.

Yesterday my old buddies and I got together for our annual shootout and bonfire, so I brought the converted M&P along.

200 rounds downrange, on target, with no failures to feed or extract. All I did was swap the barrel and magazines; the recoil spring was the stock .40 S&W spring.

A few more 9mm mags are on the way, and I now have a 9mm full size option in my M&P stable for less than the cost of a case of ammo.
“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

Comments

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,312 Senior Member
    Sounds like all worked out well for you with minimal cost. I would have guessed that a spring swap was required also.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,156 Senior Member
    That surprised me too, but it ran perfectly.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 18,962 Senior Member
    Not tried Storm Lake, but have heard good things.

Ive been pleased with all of my Lone Wolf barrels.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,703 Senior Member
    Wonder if they have one to fit my RIA .45 ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file