The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Comments

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,130 Senior Member
    Thanks !
    I was in another forum & the PC police was getting on my nerves so I moved on.
    It does take a bit to figure out new sites. To me it is tough enough getting to know new people without someone saying you can't say things in a certain way. I am a bit rough around the edges but people that know me know exactly what I mean. Sad that today so many are uptight & can't even laugh & have fun. If I didn't have fun I probably would be like the PC people........Not this old fart !
    Thanks for the welcome & I hope I can help people here & learn a few new things to boot .....& still have fun !
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,648 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Well, if she would have made you a fresh pot.....

Yeah----except she can't make coffee for
    My new Signature
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,382 Senior Member
    Got the last 3 posts put up for fence repairs post Irma. These are for the "drunk" fence on one side. Once they've had a chance to set up for a few days, I'll attach the fence and then its on to the over range microwave/cabinet install! :up:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,189 Senior Member
    Welcome to Gun Asylum Ron!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,049 Senior Member
    Welcome to the nut house Ron.

Anyway, 10 degrees this morning. 11 am at the elementary school for the Veterans' Day ceremony. Usually across the street at the park, but they (American Legion Post 859) were offered the school gym instead (good call, heat and no wind). The High School marching band came down as usual, but hearing them in the gym was a completely new experience.

Good turnout and our state senator was the speaker...first non military speaker ever invited...she is BIG on Veterans' affairs and programs.

Good Day.
    Support your local Scouts!
    roadking wrote: »
    The High School marching band came down as usual, but hearing them in the gym was a completely new experience.
    Sounded a lot better, didn't they? I never liked being outdoors when I was in the various bands/orchestras I was in - just isn't the same.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,217 Senior Member
    Called by furriner just before midnight. He read off his script, gave wrong information in pigeon english, after I got the ticket I had an idea where I was going, 1+H drive. Records are wrong, address in wrong. 2 hrs in only know I have no light on a fiber. And people wonder why folks look forward to retirement.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Retirement ?
    Do people really do that ?
    I am only 66 & in 10 years I plan to slow down some but never retire .
    ( I have done things wrong for so many years .... why quit now ! )
    retire as in no longer work here. I have done a lot wrong, but I did some right.
    My best hope is the things I do wrong today .............tomorrow may look right !
    Removed the stainless steel range hood. I was expecting to find a "surprise" - probably electrical - and I did! Instead of the mess I expected to find, there was actually a nicely installed ceramic (single) receptacle on the bottom of the soffit that the hood was plugged into. :up: So I'm looking at the hood, wondering why it wasn't installed about 1 inch higher - it would have saved the installer all kinds of effort for reasons I won't bother with here. HOWEVER, when I actually got the whole thing down, I found out why: My electrical "surprise" was waiting for me behind the hood. A J-box covered with duct tape! :yikes:

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,979 Senior Member
    retire as in no longer work here. I have done a lot wrong, but I did some right.

my retirement will be that brief time between when my heart stops while I sit at my desk, and brain function ceases.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Seems like all home projects start out simple & cheap...........2 monts later & thousands spent ya go how did that happen ?:uhm:
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,006 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    Seems like all home projects start out simple & cheap...........2 monts later & thousands spent ya go how did that happen ?:uhm:

and wonder "why didn't I just hire someone to do this?"
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    and wonder "why didn't I just hire someone to do this?"

Or wonder why in tarnation we ever even began to THINK about it!

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,709 Senior Member
    Early this morning I was thinking I can wait to get home and rip my wife's panties off. Then about noon I was thinking it was a bad idea to wear them in the first place.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,309 Senior Member

When I was married, everything I did was wrong. I get divorced and since then just about everything I do is right..................:silly:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    The peace & quiet of being single ............. IS GREAT !
    Rental programs is way better than the buy program.
    Its never a buy. It is a rent to own with hidden fees and a never ending contract.
    Seems to me there are some real good ones out there & a lucky man finds them.
    I am not a lucky man........a line of 100 women .......99 would be perfect for me ........yep I pick the wrong one.
    The brick veneer where the new cabinet goes has been removed, and the underlying sheetrock replaced. The veneer that will be behind the microwave is still there - and I may still have to space the mic out a bit further due to a pretty thick backside of the cabinet. We'll see. The holes for the ventilation, bolts, cordage, etc. have been cut into the new cabinet. Hopefully, I can get the stupid cabinet mounted tomorrow, I need to figure out a way to prop it in place to screw it in as my wife wouldn't be able to hold it. I've done this before...

• RAEIndustriesRAEIndustries Member Posts: 68 Member
    You need some miniature adjustable height sawhorses?
    I usually just stack up storage totes and other miscellany to get to the height I need.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,766 Senior Member
    Screw a piece of 1x level to the bottom of where you want the cabinet to be. Pre-drill and start your cabinet screws in the cabinet. Set the rear cabinet edge on the 1x with one hand, and screw it in with the other. I have hung dozens of houses full of cabinets that way by myself.
    Working alone can be a pain.
    I too use anything around to take the place of a second person.
    I hate plastic milk crates ........... until I need them to hold something up.
    :roll2:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,648 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    Retirement ?
    Do people really do that ?
    I am only 66 & in 10 years I plan to slow down some but never retire .
    ( I have done things wrong for so many years .... why quit now ! )

Yes they do, I retired at age 43.
    My new Signature
    NN wrote: »
    Yes they do, I retired at age 43.

Wow that's great !
    At 43 I was working 7 days a week & expanding my businesses. ( not complaining because I like my work )
    I have friends that retired & in a couple months they go get a job. Most say they need to keep busy.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Screw a piece of 1x level to the bottom of where you want the cabinet to be. Pre-drill and start your cabinet screws in the cabinet. Set the rear cabinet edge on the 1x with one hand, and screw it in with the other. I have hung dozens of houses full of cabinets that way by myself.

That is exactly the way I would do it - EXCEPT - there is brick veneer at that height. Yes, I could drill through it - and yes, I may anyway, but I'm going to try a "stack up" first.

I'm not sure how much I'm gonna get done on this project today. I need to stop by Home Despot to return something, then get my eyebrows waxed. Those won't take much time. Unfortunately, I then need to drive down to Melbourne to have an in-person "chat" with the outfit that is supposed to be making me a window that suddenly isn't answering their fone or returning calls. Then I need to stop by one of the tennant's to investigate a smoke alarm problem.

Glad that's over with - I got the window guy's attention. Hopefully, there will be no other issues...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file