Waiting....

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 8,962 Senior Member
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comments

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,962 Senior Member
    Why on God’s green earth did that post upside down?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,651 Senior Member
    Anti-gun software that automatically senses a firearm and attempts to make the user look ridiculous?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,553 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Standing on your head?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,172 Senior Member

Visiting Alex?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,451 Senior Member
    69ee6ff0-b052-494a-90f4-99adfe87e3de.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,647 Senior Member

You're drunk?
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,350 Senior Member
    Hunting like a vampire bat?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,345 Senior Member
    Waiting....
    Yes Yes so are We.

Man..... sunrise sun set must get confusing.
    on a long shot.....don't forget about bullet rise.
    Say hi to Orchidman
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,588 Senior Member

You go to New Zealand or somewhere.
    My new Signature
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,302 Senior Member

Finally another pic I can look at without picking up my laptop and holding it upside down.

I dont care what the others say about you bullsi, you are ok in my book.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,678 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Finally another pic I can look at without picking up my laptop and holding it upside down.

I dont care what the others say about you bullsi, you are ok in my book.

Yeah He's OK, but he can sure turn my world upside down sometimes.

He upsets my chronic vertigo.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,060 Senior Member
    why on god’s green earth did that post upside down?

D46D0660-A9C0-4FC5-B02E-ACADF5D15B39.jpg

fify
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,340 Senior Member
    And fixed again so you can actually see it! :jester:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11142&d=1513523741
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper

Uh oh. Bad news for santa
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,350 Senior Member

Uh oh. Bad news for santa

How much do you have to lead them when they are in the air?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,700 Senior Member
    Nice!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Nice score :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

OK, back home and have more time than just "waiting at a redlight" to post.

My blind (first, upside down pic) was a bust because the feeder battery died. No idea how long it was out, but it was a couple days since NOTHING came in. Including squirrels. So, After swapping out to a new battery and installing a solar charger - in the cold, driving rain - I switched to another blind that we knew had some trash bucks and axis coming in.

Saturday evening, I was in this blind and watching 3 yearling spike and button bucks screw around under the feeder. Finally, a bunch more whitetail came in, and there was a 2 year old fork horn in the mix. It was getting close to 5 (sundown in 5:30ish these days), so I was just about decided on the fork when an Axis doe came in. She was smallish, and obviously pregnant, so I really did not want to shoot her. So I got back on the 4 point, and was actually starting a trigger pull when the 5 (2x3) point strolled through. He was obviously at least 3 years old, and at least 6 inches taller in the shoulder than any of the other 8-9 deer in sight.

Immediately, plans changed, and then it became a game of trying to get a shot lined up that would not hit one of the other deer on passthorugh. Finally, I had him lined up and shot him through the top of the neck and dropped him on the spot. As he hit the ground, a doe stopped pretty much in my sight picture. I would have hit her as well, but my empty casing on the DPMS LR-308 had bounced off the blind wall and right back into the action, jamming the gun. One in a million shot, looked like a 'stovepipe,' but had the case head sticking out instead of the case mouth. It took a couple of seconds to get that cleared up, and in the meantime, the rest of the deer decided to be somewhere on the other side of the property.

He was a good sized buck, and netted a total of about 47 pounds of meat (minus backstraps and tenderloins) after quartering and deboning that will be turned into a bunch of sausage and stew meat. All it all, a great, muddy, cold, wet hunt.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    How much do you have to lead them when they are in the air?

Aim for the nose, hit the lungs.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    What load/bullet did you use?

knitepoet wrote: »
    What load/bullet did you use?

Hornady factory load with a 168 gr AMAX. I only have 4 of them left from the box before I need to sight in again
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,524 Senior Member
    Patience...it pays off...nicely done!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,015 Senior Member
    Fun weekend and you killed Rudolph! Win-win :win:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    one other thing I wanted to report was that this season, I took a brand new Mora stainless companion knife:

https://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Companion-Outdoor-Stainless-4-1-Inch/dp/B00BTJKB00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513700529&sr=8-1&keywords=mora%2Bstainless%2Bcompanion&th=1

this season, and right out of the box started using it. I made it through skinning and quartering 3 whitetail and half an Axis deer before it became noticeably dull in use. I just spent 2 minutes on a leather strop and brought it back to shaving sharp.

If you don't have 2-3 of these in your hunting kit, you are missing one of the better deals in field blades.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file