Christmas AR

rberglofrberglof Senior MemberPosts: 1,921 Senior Member
Put my 7.62x39 AR together and was able to shoot it today, finally above zero.

Only fired one ten round magazine through it (winchester white box), I put the same enhanced trigger in it that I used in my 5.56.

Comments

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,136 Senior Member
    Congrats! :guns: :guns:

What grain bullets you plan to fire mostly in it? What does it feel like in comparison to your 5.56 recoil wise and getting the crosshairs realigned after you shoot it ?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,921 Senior Member
    The ammo I used was 123 grain. probably stay around that grain but time will tell. Need to shoot it more and when I start loading for it that could certainly change.
    I really did not notice a big difference between the 5.56 and this one and could get back on target fairly quick.
    I was going to post a picture of the target but for some reason it will not load. I was shooting at 25 yards.
    tried to load picture, still will not work.
    yup was too large, resized.
    was adjusting scope as I was shooting.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,580 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    tried to load picture, still will not work.

probably too large of a file. If you hover your mouse pointer over the "x" or exclamation point, it should tell you why.

Rifle looks good :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Thank you for the info knitepoet, did not even think about picture being too large.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,357 Senior Member
    AK mags or proprietary? Which lower and upper (parts) did you go with?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    The mags are ASC 7.62X39 AR-15 10-Round Stainless Steel Magazine
    The upper is Bear creek and the lower is Anderson with the lower kit from Palmetto State Armory with enhanced trigger group.
    Scope is Scheels Icon Hunter 1.5-6x32.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,357 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    The mags are ASC 7.62X39 AR-15 10-Round Stainless Steel Magazine
    The upper is Bear creek and the lower is Anderson with the lower kit from Palmetto State Armory with enhanced trigger group.
    Scope is Scheels Icon Hunter 1.5-6x32.

Thanks!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file