Gun Plans for 2018

13»

Replies

  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,401 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    Not trying to dissuade you, but have you tried one with some of the new, slimmer, G10 grips. I find the factory Sig P series (I know that you had either a 228 or 229) to be a bit large for me, but these Berettas fit just fine. Come to Jerry's in May...try them for yourself.
    After many years of disappointing SIG love/hate experiences I Now have both a 228 in 9mm and a 229 in .40. I found out that as soon I change the SIG standard trigger to the slim version it fits my hand much better. The 229 also has the new grip (don’t remember the model but it’s MUCH slimmer than the old one and it snaps on the frame) and that one feels PERFECT. Yes absolutely coming to Jerry’s in May and I’d love to play with those sexy Italian beauties. :cool2:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    Glock ALMOST released what I want. They recently announced a G34 Gen 5 MOS. If it was a non-MOS I'd have one on order. If I go RMR, I'll be milling for that specific optic footprint.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,008 Senior Member
    Glock ALMOST released what I want. They recently announced a G34 Gen 5 MOS. If it was a non-MOS I'd have one on order. If I go RMR, I'll be milling for that specific optic footprint.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    I've had no problems with my M&P CORE, adapter plate works dandy and it's probably only 1/8 inch thick.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,717 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    After many years of disappointing SIG love/hate experiences I Now have both a 228 in 9mm and a 229 in .40. I found out that as soon I change the SIG standard trigger to the slim version it fits my hand much better. The 229 also has the new grip (don’t remember the model but it’s MUCH slimmer than the old one and it snaps on the frame) and that one feels PERFECT. Yes absolutely coming to Jerry’s in May and I’d love to play with those sexy Italian beauties. :cool2:


    I put the Sig E2 grip kit on my 220, and like how slim they are. I did it out of necessity, since I stripped a grip screw hole. The slim grip was a bonus. The 220 is a single stack to start with, so that and a slim grip make it fit my hand well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    I need my first 1911, and I'm thinking about either a Tikka T3x CTR, or a Bergara HMR.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,765 Senior Member
    Presently, I'm hot for the new Ruger PCC 9mm carbine, whenever they hit the shelves and the price settles a little bit. Mainly, it will just be a sub-50 yard plinker that should be fun to play with, but could become Mrs. Bisley's home defense weapon. She is pretty good with a rifle at short range.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,835 Senior Member
    Acceptance and growth can be challenging

    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,401 Senior Member
    Best way to find the good deals!
    Yep, it’s like the universe knows.....
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,942 Senior Member
    No plans but a lot of my guns were not planned, just happened.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,441 Senior Member
    Mine show up like good news.
    Not often but welcome when they come.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,056 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Presently, I'm hot for the new Ruger PCC 9mm carbine, whenever they hit the shelves and the price settles a little bit. Mainly, it will just be a sub-50 yard plinker that should be fun to play with, but could become Mrs. Bisley's home defense weapon. She is pretty good with a rifle at short range.

    Sub 50 yards? Pfffft. Steel at 100 will be a cake walk with that gun. And at 200, while it will take a bit more doing, it won't be hard at all.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,765 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Sub 50 yards? Pfffft. Steel at 100 will be a cake walk with that gun. And at 200, while it will take a bit more doing, it won't be hard at all.

    My eyesight would demand magnification, past 50 yards, to shoot at anything smaller than a paper plate. I want a rifle to play with, to shoot offhand with iron sights. I can probably see a beer can well enough at 100 yards, but anything that is very much smaller just disappears before I can get a bead on it with open sights, or even a red dot.
13»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file