Oprah thinking of running for president

2»

Comments

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,048 Senior Member
    Support your local Scouts!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,289 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I am not disputing what she said. I am pointing out that she is your buddy's buddy-- or at least she was until it became inconvenient for him. Just like Anthony Wiener, the Clintons, Chuck Schumer, etc. By supporting him, you are sort of endorsing them in a way.

Oh, give me a effing break. I can't stand any of those people, and your analogy is BS. He knew and liked a lot of people before he was a candidate, so I don't give a crap who he hobnobbed with before, it's what happens now that's important. You're using the same scummy analogies that the left uses to degrade Trump. That would be like saying because all of us carry guns, we are all potential murderers.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,747 Senior Member
    So using your logic, it would be wrong to associate Obama with Jeremiah Wright or Bill Ayers. Oprah with Harvey Weinstein, or the Clintons with darn near everyone. Or do you only mean to apply that standard to people you don't like?
    Or maybe we should apply the same lame ass excuses you use for Trump on Oprah... since when she said what she said, she wasn't a candidate at the time, it doesn't matter.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,289 Senior Member
    Apples & Oranges. My video was a specific reason some people would not want to vote for Oprah, since she seems to present an anti-old-white bias. Your lame-ass video makes no sense to me at all, and doesn't prove a damn thing. Now we could re-create the spirit of the pot thread and argue back and fourth, and provide links and verbiage forever, but I'm not that invested in this conversation, so you can continue, but I'm not going to. It's useless arguing with someone that is convinced the other person is wrong and they are right. I get that about this forum and some people here.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
    I am bringing up your own arguments that you use to defend Trump to defend Oprah, then watching you shoot down your own arguments when it is applied to someone you don't like. Nothing more. I couldn't care less about what private citizen Winfrey has to say at this date and time. If she actually declares that she wants to become the next leader of our country, then I will reach deep down to find a crap to give. For now? I am content pointing out your logical inconsistencies.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file