Ruger American Predator .223 Range Report

JKPJKP Senior MemberPosts: 1,631 Senior Member
Got out today with my new Ruger American Predator in .223. I loaded up some 55 gr Hornady moly AMAX over Benchmark and had some pretty favorable results. Powder load ranged from 24.5-25.2 and all grouped under an inch. Also loaded up some 75 gr Hornady HPBT Match over Benchmark for my Windham Weaponry 223 Wylde AR and found a half inch load for it.

Never messed with Benchmark much but I'm a fan now! I'll continue to refine these loads a bit.

The Ruger? I've proven that a "cheap" rifle can shoot but I'll likely end up spending more money making it a rifle I really like. The stock would be first on the list of improvements. I also need to continue modding the trigger as it's just OK at this point.

e70cae568763a9fd907862471edb4996.jpg

a51a9ed31ecc74d3523700e4bb34ca65.jpg

Comments

• minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 674 Senior Member
    I can’t wait to get out and shoot mine in .243 but it’s been to cold
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Bet ya it'll get even better as time goes by.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,201 Senior Member
    Hey, lookin good. Ruger has put out some affordable darn good guns.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,717 Senior Member
    Can't wait for the range report for the Boyd's At One stock that you are getting ready to order. :up:
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,631 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Can't wait for the range report for the Boyd's At One stock that you are getting ready to order. :up:

Yeah, it's been studied. Looks lefty compliant.

I am going to take the Dremel to the factory stock one more time to try to truly float the barrel.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,717 Senior Member
    JKP wrote: »
    Yeah, it's been studied. Looks lefty compliant.

I am going to take the Dremel to the factory stock one more time to try to truly float the barrel.But in the end I'll still have an ugly ass flexible stock, and that just won't do.
    I agree. :tooth:
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file