Democrats threatening to shut down government next week

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 21,526 Senior Member
And it seems to hinge on DACA. The Democrats will dare shut down the government over this issue. Last time I checked it was up to Congress to pass laws, specifically the House of Representatives.

Anyway, I can take the hit on no Sociable Security; not a must have thing. But a lot of other people can't take that hit. They will be hit hard and hurt. Congress doesn't give a diddly damn about their constituents; they're just a vote to keep the filthy gutbags sitting in Congress another term anyway. Not much use for anything else except milking for taxes.

And the military won't be paid. Now THAT is something unconscionable; always has been and always will be. You gotta see how military ranks in the lower enlisted scrape by to understand what that means. The government turning their backs on them is the most gutless move by a bunch of privileged Representatives and Senators possible. You can bet everything you own that Congress WON'T miss a penny of their pay, because they are so important that they are exempt from that pay withholding.

And worse, any soldier killed on the battlefield will not be taken care of because of the government shutdown. Their spouse/family will not be paid the insurance necessary for funeral expenses from their insurance policy. That right there is enough to force a sorting out of the Congressional filth that backs this mess. THESE cowardly men and women in power, for the most part, never wore a uniform, much wore one in a time of war. Not taking care of the troops, no matter what, is a sign of someone that is an air thief and doesn't deserve to continue to do so another day.

Your opinion may differ. This is MY opinion on the matter and I stand by it.
A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

Comments

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,378 Senior Member
    Its not like it would be shut down forever...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Maybe it's an empty threat.:uhm:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,918 Senior Member
    There's gotta be art least 535 lamp posts in Washington- - - -right? I'll contribute toward buying enough rope to put a noose on as many of them as necessary. Maybe a few extra for some of the career bureaucrats who can't be voted out of their positions every few years!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,179 Senior Member
    Thumping their chests ...

Funny thing though, the GOP threatened the same thing a couple years back. ALL the idiots in DC care about is themselves and those who they owe. It would never pass because they won’t cut their own throats but the first funds NOT to be paid should be the Congressional salaries and thier benefits (travel, dining, etc). They will play with most everyone else’s money but don’t screw with theirs!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,526 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Its not like it would be shut down forever...

Tell that to a recent widow that can't pony up the cash for the funeral because the kind and benevolent government refuses to pay out the insurance on her dead spouse. What ya expect her to do? Put him in cold storage until the government gets off their dead arses and onto their dying feet and do their freakin' jobs?
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,302 Senior Member
    They tell us that essential services will continue regardless of any shutdown. Are those things you mentioned outside "essential services?"
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
    tennmike wrote: »
    Tell that to a recent widow that can't pony up the cash for the funeral because the kind and benevolent government refuses to pay out the insurance on her dead spouse. What ya expect her to do? Put him in cold storage until the government gets off their dead arses and onto their dying feet and do their freakin' jobs?

I'm not going to wring my hands over the gov't quote-unquote "shutting down". If it ever *did* shut down, the amount of good achieved would outweigh the bad. And now I'm reading that it hinges on illegal immigration, so it makes me want to say even more: "Bring it on!". Bring the democrat's filthy lies and pandering to illegals out into the open - because I for one am just *so* *over* illegals and the damage they're doing to this country. But I'm kinda sensitive about that considering where I just escaped from... Your Mileage May Vary.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    They tell us that essential services will continue regardless of any shutdown. Are those things you mentioned outside "essential services?"

And what the frack are "essential services" anyway? More handouts to illegals?

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,918 Senior Member
    The "entitlements" keep getting paid.
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,794 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    And it seems to hinge on DACA. The Democrats will dare shut down the government over this issue. Last time I checked it was up to Congress to pass laws, specifically the House of Representatives.

Anyway, I can take the hit on no Sociable Security; not a must have thing. But a lot of other people can't take that hit. They will be hit hard and hurt. Congress doesn't give a diddly damn about their constituents; they're just a vote to keep the filthy gutbags sitting in Congress another term anyway. Not much use for anything else except milking for taxes.

And the military won't be paid. Now THAT is something unconscionable; always has been and always will be. You gotta see how military ranks in the lower enlisted scrape by to understand what that means. The government turning their backs on them is the most gutless move by a bunch of privileged Representatives and Senators possible. You can bet everything you own that Congress WON'T miss a penny of their pay, because they are so important that they are exempt from that pay withholding.

And worse, any soldier killed on the battlefield will not be taken care of because of the government shutdown. Their spouse/family will not be paid the insurance necessary for funeral expenses from their insurance policy. That right there is enough to force a sorting out of the Congressional filth that backs this mess. THESE cowardly men and women in power, for the most part, never wore a uniform, much wore one in a time of war. Not taking care of the troops, no matter what, is a sign of someone that is an air thief and doesn't deserve to continue to do so another day.

Your opinion may differ. This is MY opinion on the matter and I stand by it.
    Was this your opinion a few years ago when Republicans shut down the government for 16 days? Just checking.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,526 Senior Member
    Was this your opinion a few years ago when Republicans shut down the government? Just checking.

Same as now. And I was waiting for the snarky comment. I'd like to hang them ALL up by their thumbs for doing it, then, and if they do it now. They're all gutless filth for ever doing it; every last one that decides to do it should be taken out and beaten until they get the point. And then beaten some more just on general principle. They don't give a damn about people; never have and never will. They just want to keep getting reelected and take more power that isn't theirs, and game the system to become millionaires in a few short years. If they all dropped dead tomorrow, I'd get roaring drunk celebrating the freedom train coming in to the station! Is that an adequate answer, or do I need to IM you with my UNFILTERED opinion? :tooth:

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,333 Senior Member
    Government was shut down in 2013 because neither party would negotiate. End result was your beloved Democrats caused over a million people to be furloughed finally the Republicans gave in so that the Country could get back to normal and obama care was shoved down our throats.
    I could go on about how our Military was effected, but you would show a graph saying no one was harmed. They are all as crooked as can be, some just more than others
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file