flu

2»

Comments

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,962 Senior Member
    Tugar wrote: »
    Then why the uptick in flu, whooping cough, measles and other diseases?

it-was-aliens.jpg
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,350 Senior Member

This Year? In general?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,589 Senior Member

WWI had to be a contributing factor in the 1918-19 epidemic in that you had large bodies of soldiers being housed and transported in cramped, cold, unhygienic conditions. . .and the war ending meant the bug going home with the troops.

We seem to be having a cold winter in most of the country. Plenty of urban crowding, lots of kids packed into public schools, old folks living longer and getting more frail. What's not for a virus to like?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,350 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    WWI had to be a contributing factor in the 1918-19 epidemic in that you had large bodies of soldiers being housed and transported in cramped, cold, unhygienic conditions. . .and the war ending meant the bug going home with the troops.

We seem to be having a cold winter in most of the country. Plenty of urban crowding, lots of kids packed into public schools, old folks living longer and getting more frail. What's not for a virus to like?
    I would add obesity, sedentary lifestyles, and processed food too.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,216 Senior Member
    Feel a bit better. I am not sure if it is the flu or just a nasty chest cold. Either way, after 3 nights of store brand Nyquil (walgreens) taking a shot at about 4-5, then one at 8-9, hitting the rack, waking up coughing at 12-1, taking a shot, and then sleeping out the rest of the night till about 6-7A I feel better. Still have a cough (not nearly as violent) and a headache and I sound worse, I think it is breaking up.

Imagine that. Rest, and forcing liquids. Whoda thunk it.

I have been moving snow for about 3 hours and cleaned the barn and have about 2 hrs more of OS work to do today, that I know of. Its up to 21, so I am pretty sure I will sleep tonight to :)
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file