Freedom Suggestions

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior MemberPosts: 928 Senior Member
In just over 30 days, my days as a resident of the People’s Republic will end. As a resident of the Lone Star State, I plan to celebrate my freedom with a purchase.

Options:
1) Drum mag for my 10/22’s
2) 30 round mag for my G26
3) threaded barrel for my assault weapon (aka .22LR S&W Victory) which are illegal on pistols despite the fact that suppressors are not illegal
4) Other ideas are welcome. I want something frivolous and fun that is banned in most Blue states.

Note: I will be also purchasing a dreaded AR; however, I am still deciding what kind of build I want to do.

Comments

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,258 Senior Member
    Piles and piles of ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 18,963 Senior Member
    AR
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,629 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    AR

Yes, great deals to be had these days or buy components and have it your way.
    Or buy one or many high capacity pistols.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,971 Senior Member
    Yep. Get an AR.

Which part of the state are you moving to?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Or if you want less accuracy but arguably more drag it through the mud reliability get an evil AK.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,139 Senior Member
    Go to the gunstore and ask if they have any guns with boxes marked “not legal in California” or “illegal in California” buy the coolest one!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    Welcome to Texas. I trust you don't have the voting habits that made your previous state unlivable.

I suggest an AR with threaded muzzle, pistol grip, bayonet lug, and the shoulder thing that goes up. Oh, and pick up a slide fire stock for good measure.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,175 Senior Member
    Just buy a factory Glock 33 round mag for your 26 then buy ammo without having to jump thru all kind of hoops.

Then plan out your future purchases carefully and not just “because I can”. Texas though means you can own about anything you want from suppressors to a .50 cal to SBRs to full auto if you do the paperwork and have the money. Enjoy your new found freedom!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,580 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Go to the gunstore and ask if they have any guns with boxes marked “not legal in California” or “illegal in California” buy the coolest one!
    :rotflmao: :that: :agree:

Of the 4 you listed, I'd pick #3

I'd go AR and regular capacity mags first though, and promptly throw any CA compliant reduced capacity mags in the trash
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,960 Senior Member
    CDNN has a dimondback ar for 399. Can't get much lower
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,757 Senior Member
    I agree with the AR. Buy a lower and upper as soon as you can and plot out your build after. I haven't seen a better time, price wise, to get an AR. The market is flooded with them and they are going for cheap.
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 516 Senior Member
    JKP wrote: »
    Or if you want less accuracy but arguably more drag it through the mud reliability get an evil AK.

Why stop with a mere run of the mill evil AK? Go full evil with a VEPR-12. Nothing scares the Cali-Commies like an AK platform 12 gauge with a (GASP!) detachable magazine (Oh, the Horror!) :guns: Mine even intimidates my wicked Assault Rifle. :jester: If you really want to rile them up, call up CNN the tell them you have a Russian Assault Weapon. :rotflmao:
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,050 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    AR
    Better, AR 7.5” PISTOL with a brace! Shoot fast and furious and just SMILE :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Better, AR 7.5” PISTOL with a brace! Shoot fast and furious and just SMILE :tooth:

Good point. Maybe AK pistol with brace for full disregard of CA laws?
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Better, an AR and an AR 7.5” PISTOL with a brace! Shoot fast and furious and just SMILE :tooth:
    Fixed.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,357 Senior Member
    Just go and buy whatever ya want without having to worry about rosters and other commie crap.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,357 Senior Member
    AR and an AK, pick your flavor, and 1000 rounds of ammo for each and 10 *high capacity* magazines each.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,304 Senior Member
    In just over 30 days, my days as a resident of the People’s Republic will end. As a resident of the Lone Star State, I plan to celebrate my freedom with a purchase.

Options:
    1) Drum mag for my 10/22’s
    2) 30 round mag for my G26
    3) threaded barrel for my assault weapon (aka .22LR S&W Victory) which are illegal on pistols despite the fact that suppressors are not illegal
    4) Other ideas are welcome. I want something frivolous and fun that is banned in most Blue states.

Note: I will be also purchasing a dreaded AR; however, I am still deciding what kind of build I want to do.

All of the above............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,050 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Fixed.
    Yep, better... :cool2:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    And the best part is that he can walk in, buy one, and walk out with it. Then go back in or to another LGS and buy the second one. Or buy both at one time, a bunch of 20 and 30 round magazines, and 1000 rounds... then walk out and go shooting at the nearest range.

As far as build goes-- don't think too hard on the first one. Get your basic carbine. HD, SD, plinker, ranch gun, truck gun, newbie trainer... they are very versatile. I am not exactly sure what the laws are in Texas, but here in Michigan, I can't keep a loaded carbine in the truck. But because I have my CPL, I can keep a loaded AR pistol in there.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 18,963 Senior Member
    Where you moving to?
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,341 Senior Member
    You need to buy your ammo on the net and have it delivered in the evil big brown truck. Your ammo needs to have lead in it, some armor piercing and tracer ammo to ensure the bird flies high enough for them to see!

Oh for get that last statement they won't see it, they're in the dark.

The first thing I did when I got out of the Peoples Republic of Kaliforniastan was get my CCW permit! I suggest you do the same, there's no better way to exercise you true constitutional rights which they so blatantly denie :usa:
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 928 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Yep. Get an AR.

Which part of the state are you moving to?

Dallas.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    :rotflmao: :that: :agree:

Of the 4 you listed, I'd pick #3

I'd go AR and regular capacity mags first though, and promptly throw any CA compliant reduced capacity mags in the trash

Luckily, I never had to deal with California or New York compliance.

In CT,
    - mags are limited to 10 rounds unless you registered them prior to the ban going into place. Since my firearms (G26, rimfire rifles/pistols) with detachable mags only had a 10 round capacity, I don’t have any.
    - “Assault Rifles” (features and named weapons) are completely banned unless they are “pre-ban” or we’re registered when the law passed. Since I wasn’t going to register anything, I didn’t buy one before the law changed.

After sleeping on things, I decided to have some 25 round 10/22 mags and 30 round Glock mags sent to my house on day 1.
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,103 Senior Member
    Freezer wrote: »
    You need to buy your ammo on the net and have it delivered in the evil big brown truck. Your ammo needs to have lead in it, some armor piercing and tracer ammo to ensure the bird flies high enough for them to see!

Oh for get that last statement they won't see it, they're in the dark.

The first thing I did when I got out of the Peoples Republic of Kaliforniastan was get my CCW permit! I suggest you do the same, there's no better way to exercise you true constitutional rights which they so blatantly denie :usa:
    I was going to suggest home delivery of ammo of your choosing.

Please, be very careful with tracer ammo. Texas, west of I-35 especially is in a drought 80% of the time. As a result many outdoor and every indoor ranges have a prohibition against tracer ammo.

I doubt you would want your new favorite range turned to cinders or starting a range fire.

😈 They are fun.

Join The Texas State Rifle Association.
    The lobbying efforts of TSRA are instrumental in the expansion of, and protection of the Republic's gun freedoms.
    They can watch those SOBs in Austin much closer than any individual trying to live his/her life.

Get your LTC & hunting license as soon as you have meet legal residency.

Texas isn't perfect, but we are working on it, and getting close in many areas.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,703 Senior Member
    Dallas.

DALLAS? Down here that's still considered a Yankee.

The Horror of it!!!

:yikes:

:rotflmao:...:rotflmao:...:rotflmao:

Welcome back to the land of sanity!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    DALLAS? Down here that's still considered a Yankee.

The Horror of it!!!

:yikes:

:rotflmao:...:rotflmao:...:rotflmao:

Welcome back to the land of sanity!

I am a of Corpus which I believe is South of you. :jester:
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,669 Senior Member
    Just beware that Texas is losing ground in some of its major cities to blue state types who would gladly turn it into California. The wide open spaces are are about as free as you can get, but places like Austin, Houston, and to a lesser extent, Dallas, are full of Yankees and Californiacs who are there to re-educate the hicks.

Get yourself a good AR and a double-stack pistol, and enjoy shooting, and watching the brown truck bring your ammo in whatever quantities you prefer. Once you get out of the major cities, 20 guns and 200 rounds of ammo are not considered to be an arsenal.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,540 Senior Member
    I would recommend that, immediately upon crossing the border into free America, you stop and take a long healthy piss back across the border....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file