Flintlock seasons opens tommorow

2»

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,648 Senior Member
    I used to do that after plugging the barrel and touch hole.....never had an issue....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,866 Senior Member
    Heat wave, 19F. Went out and saw a young doe and 3 little ones. Not that hungry so they walked. A nice older doe or a buck I will take, but it takes as much effort to clean a little one as it does a big one. We shall see what tomorrow brings.
    I

This is similar to my sob story. I didn't go out once for ML season. It began here Jan. 8th, the day after regular rifle season closed. It was too cold for my butt even in the 20s and 30s. Also, it was raining on the few days between the coldest temps.

I just wasn't mad enough at the deer this year to brave those elements. Then when it did warm and dry up enough to interest me, I had to go to my aunts funeral. So it just wasn't Gods plan.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    cpj wrote: »
    Yes but you're used to hunting in shorts and barefoot. Possibly even a loincloth.

Only during SPEAR season. :jester:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • ar15julesar15jules New Member Posts: 17 New Member
    Glad to see some fellow PA hunters here. The six feet of snow we received over Christmas put a damper on me making it out this season. I enjoy the flintlock season the most and didn't make it out a single time. Grrrr.... I will have to wait until next year!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,979 Senior Member
    Get into competition black powder shooting- - - -they do it all year. Some of the most expensive hamburger I ever ate was "won" at the Alvin York shoot in March, for about 10 years. I think it worked out to about 50 bucks a bite!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Heat wave, 19F. Went out and saw a young doe and 3 little ones. Not that hungry so they walked. A nice older doe or a buck I will take, but it takes as much effort to clean a little one as it does a big one. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

When I was on a lease north of Uvalde Texas in 1987-1989, some of the people on the lease would kid with me telling me to let them grow up before I shot them. We had a five deer limit back then and I was killing at least two nubber bucks a season. Man, those are fine eating. We still had a pile of larger deer. That was a great lease. I often ask my self, WHY Did I ever let it go?
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file