Some old ammo/.38 Special Super Police/other

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 30,712 Senior Member
The old .38 Special Super Police 200 grain ammo. Been called ineffective, too slow and whatever since new and better ammo has been developed. I fired some before and it works fine.

The comments below the article are very informative and interesting. Mine appear to be copper washed with a blunt round nose bullet.

I wuz gonna just shoot it up, but don't need any .38 Spl brass so I just hang on to it.

The .357 is mostly a full box. I'll bet it leads up some, I dunno. That box belonged to my late FIL where my pre-27 came from.

I got the old .25 and .380 ACP in a gun deal that belonged to a late gentleman whose M-1 Carbine I bought.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/200-grain-38-special-super-police-cartridge/

YgSJEey.jpg
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    Oh, some more .380 and some Super Vel 110 grain .38 Spl and an old .22 LR I'd left on top the washer when I brought it in from the garage.

zl2n5os.jpg

qOXxFAZ.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Wonder why I get this when I open General Firearms and not on General Topics. After I click on a thread here it goes back to normal?????

Title / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post ByReverse Sort Order

Sticky Thread Sticky: Good links for conducting research.
    Started by Wambli Ska, 10-03-2016 10:55 AM

1 2

Replies: 32
    Views: 25,364

knitepoet
    02-18-2017, 02:53 PM Go to last post

Sticky Thread Sticky: NRA Gun Safety Rules
    Started by Wambli Ska, 08-12-2014 06:49 AM

1 2

Replies: 36
    Views: 51,166

GunnerJacky
    08-12-2016, 12:09 AM Go to last post

Sticky Thread Sticky: Content Rules
    Started by conchokid, 02-01-2012 02:12 PM

1 2

Replies: 38
    Views: 59,732

DoctorWho
    03-22-2016, 10:05 AM Go to last post

Started by Big Chief, Today 09:20 AM
    Replies: 1
    Views: 2

Big Chief
    IOW my opening view is strange..........not used to it. It is workable, but sorta a PITA.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Wonder why I get this when I open General Firearms and not on General Topics. After I click on a thread here it goes back to normal?????

Title / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post ByReverse Sort Order

Sticky Thread Sticky: Good links for conducting research.
    Started by Wambli Ska, 10-03-2016 10:55 AM

1 2

Replies: 32
    Views: 25,364

knitepoet
    02-18-2017, 02:53 PM Go to last post

Sticky Thread Sticky: NRA Gun Safety Rules
    Started by Wambli Ska, 08-12-2014 06:49 AM

1 2

Replies: 36
    Views: 51,166

GunnerJacky
    08-12-2016, 12:09 AM Go to last post

Sticky Thread Sticky: Content Rules
    Started by conchokid, 02-01-2012 02:12 PM

1 2

Replies: 38
    Views: 59,732

DoctorWho
    03-22-2016, 10:05 AM Go to last post

Started by Big Chief, Today 09:20 AM
    Replies: 1
    Views: 2

Big Chief

Because your special
    I have a need for speed
    NN wrote: »
    Because your special

Naw, but my .38s are :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    Maybe I'll bring that Super-Vel to the shoot and we can shoot it up? Probably best from a .357 revolver..........I don't remember the specs on their .38 Spl ammo. It's what 110 grain so ............probably a might zippy.
    I doubt if the old .25 and .380 is worth the cost of a new box, except the boxes are cool with stuff like Full Patched, 'Staynless', Non-Mercuric and Oil Proof, 'Rustless'.....................improvements bandied about from back in the day, I guess.
    Well, some of that old ammo in the original boxes is valuable to collectors. These prices are for full boxes. I have two of the .38 Super Police, but not full.

$110 for a full box in good condition. So like I said maybe could get enough to buy 50 rds of new quality SD ammo for it, a tad more perhaps.

You collectors on here know more than I of cartridge/ammo boxes values fer sure. Some cool old stuff here from bygone days.

http://www.rtgammo.com/
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,412 Senior Member
    Never seen 200gr .38spl before......way cool!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,365 Senior Member
    I've got some of the old 38 too Big Chief.....Supervel.

You want Supervel check out the speed oF the Dominion stuff and that's for a 158 grain pill.

IMG_20180207_160020899_zps5f2msnj8.jpg
  • beanfieldbeanfield Member Posts: 84 Member
    Old ammo has been a boon to me as of late. I have a roll away tool chest that is loaded with all sorts of new, reloaded and old milsurp ammo.

Last fall I sold a few guns off and had no need for their left over ammo. So I put the ammo up for sale just to gain some space. Profits from the ammo sales garnered me several handguns and rifles, and several buyers are ecstatic at owning hard to find milsurp ammo. Win, win.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file