What's the weather like?

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,640 Senior Member
    Well they are calling for 6 to 10" of snow here today. I just knew it was to good to last with the 1" stuff.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,240 Senior Member
    It's 38° freakin' degrees. Weatherman promised mid to high 50's for today AND tomorrow! Danged Democrat Weatherman! Promises, promises, promises and NEVER delivers!
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

tennmike wrote: »
    It's 38° freakin' degrees. Weatherman promised mid to high 50's for today AND tomorrow! Danged Democrat Weatherman! Promises, promises, promises and NEVER delivers!

Some days I wonder why we even listen to them. On 50/50 days they pick wrong more than right. I have actually heard them say sunny & it is pouring down rain. ( maybe it's just my house )
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,971 Senior Member
    Got home from work one day and was watching the news from Bakersfield, they were showing a news person standing in a foot of snow and snow coming down pretty hard in Mojave. I worked up the hill from Mojave and the sun had been shinning most of the day and about 60 degrees.
    The video was from the year before.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,278 Senior Member
    We had about 6ish at home then it turned to sleet for a bit. I plowed a heavy 4-5 last night. Black Ops fund is looking the best it has in 3 years.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,751 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    It's 38° freakin' degrees.
    38 would be a nice warm-up
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    38 would be a nice warm-up

Well, you DO live in the U.S. equivalent to Siberia! :rotflmao:

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,339 Senior Member
    Mid 50s today and tomorrow, back to 30s and freezing rain this weekend.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    9 here with 8" more on the ground. Getting up to 19 so shouldn't be to bad to clean up. Of course I need to do a bunch of running today. Could have done it yesterday but they kept calling foe white out......it came late & I could have done my running. The county roads I have to go on should be a treat today. ( ice snow & hills what could go wrong )
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,909 Senior Member
    Was to be in the 30's last night, got into the 20's; forecast for 60 today.
    I have a need for speed
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,751 Senior Member
    My plow guy just left....he only charges me $15.00 to clean out the driveway and the front of the house where we park, but he's making really good money this year...
    On the upside, a real monster came in over Lake Michigan last night and while it's still snowing up here we just got grazed....areas south of us got slammed.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 2,879 Senior Member
    Spring like weather for this area. 75 degrees one day, then 20-30 MPH wind with gusts to 50 MPH and a 20-30 degree drop in temp the next day. Then, back up to 75 degrees again. Repeat until April-May.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Sleezing drizzle forming ice on whatever this blue norther blows it on:chill:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    Ended up with 10" yesterday .......Last night added another 1".......snowing now & getting another inch.
    Oh winter is back !
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    Rain, rain, and more rain. We've had several inches already this week.
    90% chance of snow with little to no chance of accumulation . Just heard that .And people wonder why I'm confused.
    That was on NOAA. ( I should start drinking )
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,339 Senior Member
    Cold and icy. Lots of slide offs and wrecks.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,869 Senior Member
    Cold with drizzle. Could get some freezing rain tonight.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,278 Senior Member
    Mud season has arrived. 45 and foggy rain.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    4 inches of rain yesterday and last night. I got a duck pond in the front yard. It's 63° so that's good.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,093 Senior Member
    Around 80 today.............love it!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    75 today, did that durned groundhog not see it's shadow?
    I have a need for speed
    Daffodils are blooming and so is the red maple
    I have a need for speed
    Cold here but at least no more snow called for today. My snow blower took a crap on me so I may have time before the next storm hits to get it fixed.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,167 Senior Member
    Cold this morning. Just below freezing, but supposed to warm up
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    40° this morning and rain total was 4.5" for Sat. and Sun. Duck pond in front yard is bigger from runoff off the side of the ridge.

Was 71 when we left for the next town
    30 minutes later when we got there it was 52 and light rain.
    I have a need for speed
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,555 Senior Member
    Still winter, we could use some snow though.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    We still have about a foot of snow on the ground here but no snow for today. I found parts for my snow blower locally for $75 I looked on line & bought the same parts for $25 so I ordered 2 sets & still saved $25. I plan to beef up or replace the scraper blade. ( might as well while waiting for parts to come. )
    Rain, rain, drizzle, drizzle, windy, windy, drizzle, drizzle. And 50° presently. Standing water everywhere from the 4.5" of rain over the weekend. My rifle range is a shallow duck pond. I want to go shoot some, but I can't because the range is a big puddle of water, and driving even the 4-wheeler on that wet mess would cause nasty ruts in the hay field. Forecast for today and into next week is rain showers and wind.

On a related and funny note, the dams in TN on the TN River have the floodgates open to get rid of the excess water. They're flowing beaucoup thousands of cubic feet per second, and the weather witch doctor says we're still in a drought. And my neighbor is beechin' about trees falling on his place from the ground being so waterlogged. Noticed a number of trees on my property on the ridge that have let go and fallen due to the excess rain. Most are hung up in other trees. Widowmakers are interesting. I'm not gonna mess with them. They can fall the rest of the way when the spirit moves them. I can't move fast enough to get out of the way if one decides to kick back or do a running split up the trunk.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file