Gotta love ebay... Slashy thingies...

Wambli SkaWambli Ska ModeratorPosts: 25,424 Senior Member
$35 to my door for BOTH! My other EDCs seem to make a lot of folks nervous so I decided I need a few smaller ones with 3" blades. These are used but the CRKT is like new and the Kershaw has some light surface wear on the black blade finish (no metal damage). Both as tight as the day they left the factory and I just put a razor edge on them. The Kershaw is a 1" smaller version of the 4" XL that's become one of my favorite EDC blades because it is LIGHTING fast to deploy. For what I paid for them if I loose them there will be no crying...

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Replies

  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,099 Senior Member
    Dig the Kershaw, a LOT.
    Despise the CRKT.
    I've got a similar one. That dumbass lock dingus you have to operate at the same time as the liner lock is a horrible design. The thumbstud on mine is only there for looks. Zero chance you'll open it without blood shed. The flipper on the back is pretty sweet though.
    Seeing this thread made me dig the afforementiined despised out of the drawer. I may throw it in my pocket for a "things you never use a knife for knife." It's a tanto point which I hate, it was half serrated (more hate) until I un-serrated it. :tooth: So there would be no love lost if it got broken lost or abused.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,072 Senior Member
    There is a reason both of those were sold used.

    Hell, I should have given you mine!!! Have both. Dislike both.

    The hook on the Keshaw is too small for reliable deployment in my mind/opinion/experience and the CRKT came apart on me like a lego space ship.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,072 Senior Member
    You normally do exceptionally well in your knife acquisitions.

    You got robbed this time.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,482 Senior Member
    The holes in the CRKT handle accumulate to much lint and crap. The Kershaw is pretty good if you are not a Carney IMHO, just got a friend the stainless blade version of the Kershaw after he rode his previous one on the pavement after he hit a deer on his Harley, got it on sale shipped to my house for like $20, he likes his.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I just got a NIB Kershaw. Never had one before. I'm impressed with it.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,424 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    There is a reason both of those were sold used.

    Hell, I should have given you mine!!! Have both. Dislike both.

    The hook on the Keshaw is too small for reliable deployment in my mind/opinion/experience and the CRKT came apart on me like a lego space ship.
    Zee wrote: »
    You normally do exceptionally well in your knife acquisitions.

    You got robbed this time.
    Well I guess I should have called you first. I can can always count on you for unvarnished opinions and real life tests. Hey I figured for 17.50 each they are almost cheaper than box cutters. That’ll teach me to go wandering solo... :tooth:

    I have been practicing/carrying the larger Keyshaw a lot and I can get it to open 100% of the time on the draw on any pair of pants I’ve carried it in. Maybe it’s because it’s bigger and has more weight on the blade? Anyway i do like that knife and it’s a good boat blade since it’s easy to operate one handed and it’s CHEAP so rust and neglect are not a factor!!! Maybe the little brother will just go in the tackle box.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,145 Senior Member
    I use knives everyday for work. I used a CRKT for a work pocket knife to open boxes cut film off pallets anything I don’t use my “good knives” for. I destroyed a CRKT knife in about 3 months to the point the liner lock was worn
    out and the scales fell off the liner. I took it back to the retailer o bought it from and they have me credit towards the Benchmade mini Griptillion that I’ve had for a year and a half and still going. That said I am hard on my work knives.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,424 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Dig the Kershaw, a LOT.
    Despise the CRKT.
    I've got a similar one. That dumbass lock dingus you have to operate at the same time as the liner lock is a horrible design. The thumbstud on mine is only there for looks. Zero chance you'll open it without blood shed. The flipper on the back is pretty sweet though.
    Seeing this thread made me dig the afforementiined despised out of the drawer. I may throw it in my pocket for a "things you never use a knife for knife." It's a tanto point which I hate, it was half serrated (more hate) until I un-serrated it. :tooth: So there would be no love lost if it got broken lost or abused.
    Hummm, I was playing with the CRKT a while last night and after I got used to it one handed opening and closing where not an issues but I like the blade shape for everyday chores. Neither one of these will be a primary knife. Just something to whip out when the primary is not the right option for the crowd I’m with, and again $17.50...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,424 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    I just got a NIB Kershaw. Never had one before. I'm impressed with it.
    I like Keyshaws. The others I have work well for me.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,424 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    The holes in the CRKT handle accumulate to much lint and crap. The Kershaw is pretty good if you are not a Carney IMHO, just got a friend the stainless blade version of the Kershaw after he rode his previous one on the pavement after he hit a deer on his Harley, got it on sale shipped to my house for like $20, he likes his.
    The price point on these Carson designed Kershaws is pretty darn decent for what you get.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,424 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    I use knives everyday for work. I used a CRKT for a work pocket knife to open boxes cut film off pallets anything I don’t use my “good knives” for. I destroyed a CRKT knife in about 3 months to the point the liner lock was worn
    out and the scales fell off the liner. I took it back to the retailer o bought it from and they have me credit towards the Benchmade mini Griptillion that I’ve had for a year and a half and still going. That said I am hard on my work knives.
    Well that sucks. I thought CRKTs had a pretty decent reputation for reasonably priced knives. This one retails for about $40. Not expensive but not usually a disposable price point either.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,145 Senior Member
    You did fine! For the $$ they will do the job.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,145 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Well that sucks. I thought CRKTs had a pretty decent reputation for reasonably priced knives. This one retails for about $40. Not expensive but not usually a disposable price point either.
    When they were a US made knife they were great. Not so much now....
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,099 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Hummm, I was playing with the CRKT a while last night and after I got used to it one handed opening and closing where not an issues but I like the blade shape for everyday chores. Neither one of these will be a primary knife. Just something to whip out when the primary is not the right option for the crowd I’m with, and again $17.50...

    You bring up a good point about the right knife for the crowd. When I'd whip out my Blur at work (customer sites) I got a good amount of concerned looks. When I whip out my SAK, not so much. And I think technically my Blur isn't company policy friendly. Not that I give a fornication, because the Blur stays on my left side, out of sight.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,413 Senior Member
    My 1st "tactical" knife was a CRKT. It was ok. Wanted something smaller and found a new Kershaw Cryo on Amazon for $27. I had a $20 gift card so i bought it. I like the Kershaw much better. I love the "flipper". Its not as small as i wanted but i dont think i would like 1 as small as the 3 blade Case I carry everyday. As a school teacher I suspect a tactical style knife would be frowned upon.

    I've got a Case Russlock that my boys got me one year. It's made for one handed opening. I abused it until the scales came off. I need to send it back to Case to fix it.
  • shooter10mmshooter10mm Member Posts: 213 Member
    I've also got one of those CRKT's in the door pocket of my truck in about 7 pieces!! LoL....Dig the Kershaw though!
    "You miss 100% of the shots you do not take!"
    "As long as there's Lead in the air there's hope!
    " -- Ralph Adkinson(Daddy) The original Marlboro Man
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    Man...................er Sharp Critiques on here or is that Dull ones. :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 2,850 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You bring up a good point about the right knife for the crowd. When I'd whip out my Blur at work (customer sites) I got a good amount of concerned looks. When I whip out my SAK, not so much. And I think technically my Blur isn't company policy friendly. Not that I give a fornication, because the Blur stays on my left side, out of sight.

    I would be much more concerned if I saw you whip out your SAK.... Just sayin....
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,424 Senior Member
    I've also got one of those CRKT's in the door pocket of my truck in about 7 pieces!! LoL....Dig the Kershaw though!
    Hey I’ll take it apart and locktite everything. If it fails I’ll put it right back on eBay and get the $17 I have into it :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,099 Senior Member
    Jay wrote: »
    I would be much more concerned if I saw you whip out your SAK.... Just sayin....

    SAK is ok to be whipped out in public. Sack, not so much
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    I carry a gerber bear grille in my purse and like it. Keeps an edge well, and it is orange so wont get lost in all my stuff lol.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file