Fire stick

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,148 Senior Member
A friend told me he has a "Fire Stick" he doesnt pay for TV and gets all the channels, what is it, how does it work, and what is the reception like,
He said it only costs $80.0 to $100.00.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    Buy the Fire TV version ... it has a little better performance. The “reception” is internet so you do need a decent speed to keep it from buffering. Also you will likely want to “crack” the Fire TV and use an add on like Exodus or such tompickup other stuff but there’s no cost behind that.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,100 Senior Member
    Last one we bought was only $40. We've got a couple that the kids use on their tv. Works fine.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,852 Senior Member
    It is a streaming media player from Amazon. They're pretty cheap. Tv isn't technically free at least most of it. You will need to pay for services like Netflix or Hulu or get other people's cable password for network specific apps. That said there are ways to crack them and install software that will let you tap questionably legal pirated streams of most TV shows and movies. I have not done that but know a few people who have. You can get your hand slapped by your ISP and it can sometimes be a pain to find a working stream of what you want to watch.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,424 Senior Member
    It is a streaming media player from Amazon. They're pretty cheap. Tv isn't technically free at least most of it. You will need to pay for services like Netflix or Hulu or get other people's cable password for network specific apps. That said there are ways to crack them and install software that will let you tap questionably legal pirated streams of most TV shows and movies. I have not done that but know a few people who have. You can get your hand slapped by your ISP and it can sometimes be a pain to find a working stream of what you want to watch.
    This. It requires a fair amount of work to get “free” TV.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file