Hpa, h.r.367

terminator012terminator012 Senior MemberPosts: 2,757 Senior Member
Since I got the 300 BO pistol I've been looking into suppressors. Can't seem to find how far this bill has got along. Is it dead in the water or is there still hope? Not having to pay the tax stamp and wait a year would be nice.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/367

No idea why title did that. They were capitalized. :uhm:

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,092 Senior Member
    Since I got the 300 BO pistol I've been looking into suppressors. Can't seem to find how far this bill has got along. Is it dead in the water or is there still hope? Not having to pay the tax stamp and wait a year would be nice.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/367

This is a classic "go nowhere" bill designed and submitted by pols in order to get support from their district constituency.

This bill never had a chance, but 2A supporters know who endorsed it for the next election cycle(s).
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,757 Senior Member
    Well crap. That's what I figured. Thanks.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,779 Senior Member
    It had a small chance right after the election, but as soon as the three ring circus got spooled up, it was dead in the water.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    The mass shooting in Las Vegas canned any chances of it passing, even though that shooter didn't use one. But that bill was one of the FIRST things the 'Enemies of Freedom Caucus', a.k.a. the Democrat party and their RINO minions jumped on, along with the bump stock.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,823 Senior Member
    Yep, a "feel good" bill that, while I think it NEEDS to be passed, never will be in my lifetime.
    At least that's my thoughts on it.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Yep, a "feel good" bill that, while I think it NEEDS to be passed, never will be in my lifetime.
    At least that's my thoughts on it.

I think you're right on that. The Congresscritters are getting their knickers in a knot and simultaneously loading their Depends on that muzzleloader with the integral suppressor on it. IT'S A .50 CAL. RIFLE AND WILL TAKE DOWN A 747! OH NOES!! AND IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY NOISE! LOOPHOLE! LOOPHOLE! GOTTA CLOSE THAT LOOPHOLE FAST! :silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::roll2:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file