Arrested For Trying To Steel Guns At Local Walmart

terminator012terminator012 Senior MemberPosts: 2,735 Senior Member
This happened about 40 miles south of me at the Millington Tn Walmart. Guy got behind counter and tried to steal guns. Reports are he even loaded 2 of them. Not sure how this could even be possible since all the Walmarts I've been in (including that one) keep the guns and ammo locked up.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/37479781/millington-man-gets-behind-walmart-gun-counter-loads-2-shotguns-before-arrest?utm_content=bufferbc009&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Comments

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,533 Senior Member
    They don't lock up the shotgun shells.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,638 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

They do at every Mall Wart I've been in - but if this one didn't, I bet they do now!

Its possible the guy brought in his own ammo - it was only 3 rounds per, easy enough to have in yer pocketses ahead of time.

As for the article: Oh Jeez! How dumb can you be?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,656 Senior Member
    He's lucky he didn't get shot! All the local shops up here are manned by heavily armed employees.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,735 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

Your right. Thy don't. I didn't think about that.

The slugs are locked up.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    The walmart here has unarmed security standing at the exits. I doubt any patrons could exit the store ahead of them in the event of a robbery:p
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,972 Senior Member
    Millington-- - - - -home of the Naval Air Station- - - - -maybe he was trying to defend himself from some of those weirdo swabbies?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach wrote: »
    Millington-- - - - -home of the Naval Air Station- - - - -maybe he was trying to defend himself from some of those weirdo swabbies?
    Jerry

Yes sir. Can't imagine what his mission was since he loaded them. Didn't put up a fight when the police got there.
    Hmmmm- - - - -at least he wasn't at that college a few miles over- - - - - -"Southwestern- - - -across from the zoo- - - -where the girls are girls- - - - -and the boys are, too!"
    :jester:
    Jerry
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 2,850 Senior Member
    Was at Walmart today and saw a guy shopping who was every bit of 6 1/2 feet tall open carrying a Glock. Nobody even gave him a second look. I wouldn’t have wanted to mess with him with or without the gun... :jester: dude was huge...

ETA- the guy was wearing a nice shirt, tie and slacks. Hate to say it, but probably why nobody paid attention to his gun. Besides being in Texas. Looked like he just got out of church. Fan of open carry or not, look like a thug, get lots of attention. Clean, respectable appearance, nobody even looks at you.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,756 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

Probably so
    but
    there are plenty of marines there, too.
    I have a need for speed
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 1,979 Senior Member
    How the heck did he get the lock off the gun cabinet glass doors? How did he get the trigger locks off? Did he bring any tools I wonder. Just how long did all this take before anyone noticed, oh wait right...he was in the sporting goods department...it's tough to find anyone to help you in that department.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,403 Senior Member
    Maybe he hid in a display tent to work on them .........if so had to be a big tent for that chunky boy.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,638 Senior Member
    How the heck did he get the lock off the gun cabinet glass doors? How did he get the trigger locks off? Did he bring any tools I wonder. Just how long did all this take before anyone noticed, oh wait right...he was in the sporting goods department...it's tough to find anyone to help you in that department.

WORD. I've often had to wait 10 minutes or more for somebody to show up AFTER I've had them paged over in Automotive!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    NN wrote: »
    Probably so
    but
    there are plenty of swabbie dance partners there, too.

Fixed it!
    :jester:
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,825 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    They do at every Mall Wart I've been in - but if this one didn't, I bet they do now!

Its possible the guy brought in his own ammo - it was only 3 rounds per, easy enough to have in yer pocketses ahead of time.

As for the article: Oh Jeez! How dumb can you be?

At our Walmart they don't. Shotgun shells are out in the open. But all guns and rifle and pistol cartridges are locked up.

What a Moron to go in Walmart in front of God and everybody and everybody's uncle, and try to steal firearms!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,887 Senior Member
    From the picture, that guy doesn't appear to be the brightest crayon in the box. As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon".
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

tennmike wrote: »
    From the picture, that guy doesn't appear to be the brightest crayon in the box. As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon".

He doesn't represent us west Tn rednecks very well.:roll2:

That's the truth! I know a bunch of West TN rednecks from huntin' and fishin' trips over there! :up: That guy is a pale pasty shade of the ones I know from over there! :roll2:

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,492 Senior Member

They said he used a tool to remove the lock from the gun case and trigger guards from 2 shotguns, he also, loaded 3 rounds each, into 2 of the shotguns.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,492 Senior Member

May have come from across the river. My mom use to tell me that my dad always said that Arkansas was populated by all the horse theives and whores, that were run out of Tennessee. :jester:
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 1,979 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »
    They said he used a tool to remove the lock from the gun case and trigger guards from 2 shotguns, he also, loaded 3 rounds each, into 2 of the shotguns.

Planning to shoot his way out? What a dipstick.
    olesniper wrote: »
    May have come from across the river. My mom use to tell me that my dad always said that Arkansas was populated by all the horse theives and whores, that were run out of Tennessee. :jester:

I thought all those run out of Tennessee didn't stop until they got to Texas. :uhm:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file