SE Shoot 2018

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Enzo, it won't kill you to stay at the budget motel the rest of us do (Though the Mrs Might)

But, what about the rest of us :yikes:
    I have a need for speed
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,473 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Debbie had just reminded me about a little excursion she had talked about last year for the ladies that had no interest in shooting. There's a pretty good flea market not too far from Jerry's and quite a few antique shops in the area and she wanted to see if any of the wives/significant others were interested in a little junk shopping while the rest of us are up on the hill.

Leann says she is in
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    I might have a different flavor rifle to bring to the shoot. Depends on weather and if I can kick this head cold that settled in my chest. All I have to do is drill the front receiver ring for two holes for a scope base and spin the barrel on and tighten it. And maybe thread the muzzle because.........reasons.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,473 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I might have a different flavor rifle to bring to the shoot. Depends on weather and if I can kick this head cold that settled in my chest. All I have to do is drill the front receiver ring for two holes for a scope base and spin the barrel on and tighten it. And maybe thread the muzzle because.........reasons.

You going to bring the .50? I missed shooting it last year
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,825 Senior Member
    Debbie had just reminded me about a little excursion she had talked about last year for the ladies that had no interest in shooting. There's a pretty good flea market not too far from Jerry's and quite a few antique shops in the area and she wanted to see if any of the wives/significant others were interested in a little junk shopping while the rest of us are up on the hill.
    Cindy said "sure"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,421 Senior Member
    Enzo, it won't kill you to stay at the budget motel the rest of us do (Though the Mrs Might)
    The only reason I go to Athens is so I can use points to pay for my stay. It’s the closest Hilton to Jerry’s.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,685 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    The only reason I go to Athens is so I can use points to pay for my stay. It’s the closest Hilton to Jerry’s.

Then ya get to spend the savings in gas. Just sayin'...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Diver43 wrote: »
    You going to bring the .50? I missed shooting it last year

Yeah. I'll be lugging the crew served rifle over! :tooth:

• ScowizScowiz Member Posts: 32 Member
    Reservations made. Gonna try hard to make this one.
    zorba wrote: »
    Then ya get to spend the savings in gas. Just sayin'...
    It's a negligible drive in a car that gives me over 30 miles to the gallon and the Hilton cost me nothing... How do you figure this?
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,808 Senior Member
    Time is money.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    Scowiz wrote: »
    Reservations made. Gonna try hard to make this one.

OOOORAW
    :iwo:
    I have a need for speed
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,050 Senior Member
    I guess I'm not the first one to dial 5401 instead of 4501 because the lady that answered knew who I was trying to call and she was very polite about it. Gotta love the polite folks in the South.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    It's a negligible drive in a car that gives me over 30 miles to the gallon and the Hilton cost me nothing... How do you figure this?

That's nice, I get 30 MPG too. Fuel, time, wear and tear. But - whatever works for ya! I'll be glad to meetcha in person finally in any event so you can make fun of my flip fone! :tooth:

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Time is money.
    Not on Holiday weekends :tooth:
    That's nice, I get 30 MPG too. Fuel, time, wear and tear. But - whatever works for ya! I'll be glad to meetcha in person finally in any event so you can make fun of my flip fone! :tooth:
    And I will! :rotflmao:
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,050 Senior Member

I don't think he has any intention of walking out in the open in his silk kimono and bunny slippers to get ice.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    And I will! :rotflmao:

Well, I'd be disappointed at the very least if you did not!

Heck, I might even be "offended" if you didn't!!!!

:jester:

I don't think he has any intention of walking out in the open in his silk kimono and bunny slippers to get ice.
    Not in front of CPJ. That boy is the Weinstein of the Forums :tooth:
    Well, I'd be disappointed at the very least if you did not!

Heck, I might even be "offended" if you didn't!!!!

:jester:
    No worries... it’ll happen
    No worries... it’ll happen

Whew! :rotflmao:

Oh, Wambli, I have a flip phone too, to, two, tu, 2, also. And I'm a devious little redneck devil, when it suits my purpose. I ain't sayin', just sayin'. :devil::roll2:

Oh, Wambli, I have a flip phone too, to, two, tu, 2, also. And I'm a devious little redneck devil, when it suits my purpose. I ain't sayin', just sayin'. :devil::roll2:
    I know you do, we need extra targets no? :tooth:

Pointing a loaded firearm at my pants pocket might cause 'issues'. :roll2:

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,725 Senior Member

Fun with Tannerite and flip phones?
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,979 Senior Member
    There might be a big, hard-to-miss target that looks a lot like a 2005 Buick Rainier- - - - -I think the damn thing puked another engine today! Halfway to Memphis! This time it made it a whole 1700 miles. It's back at the shop that installed the engine, to see if it was a mistake on their part or a failure of the replacement I just bought. At least this one's got a warranty, but if what I think happened actually did, it's the shop's fault, not the engine's.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,763 Senior Member
    What did they do wrong installing an engine?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,979 Senior Member
    I think they left the torque converter bolts a little loose. The trans started to downshift to climb a small hill in cruise control, and the engine raced up like it was in neutral. I think the overspeed damaged the engine before I could get it shut off- - - -no oil on the dipstick! It was raining too hard to crawl under and look for holes in the oil pan so I just called a wrecker (2-hour wait) and had it towed 90 miles back to the shop that did the installation. Somebody owes me an engine- - - -either the warranty carrier, or the shop!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,763 Senior Member
    Wow, you do have a mess. Hope it works out for you.
    Pointing a loaded firearm at my pants pocket might cause 'issues'. :roll2:
    Fun with Tannerite and flip phones?
    I was thinking flipping them (see what I did there :tooth:) in the air like clay birds!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file