Olympics

bellcatbellcat Senior MemberPosts: 1,209 Senior Member
I'm fairly certain I couldn't hit 1 4.8" target while standing, after xc skiing for 2 km.....if my life depended on it!
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,474 Senior Member
    bellcat wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain I couldn't hit 1 4.8" target while standing, after xc skiing for 2 km.....if my life depended on it!

Is that cool, or what?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,209 Senior Member
    Biathlon
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,357 Senior Member
    Watched the Biathlon (10,000m) earlier.
    The only thing I would hit after skiing 2 k would be the ground!!!
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,944 Senior Member
    :that:
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 571 Senior Member
    Forget hitting the target, I would never make it 2km on skis.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,246 Senior Member
    I want to Mericanize Biathalon. Make it downhill, carry the counties service rifle. Each time you get to the bottom you shoot one stage of a National match course.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,072 Senior Member
    I want to see Mountain bike biathalon in the summer olympics.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,766 Senior Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    NBC’s Katie Couric mocked for comments about Dutch speed skating team

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/02/12/nbc-s-katie-couric-mocked-for-comments-about-dutch-speed-skating-team.html

"NBC's Katie Couric was slammed across social media for saying Dutch successes in Olympic speed skating were because skating is an “important mode of transport” in their country.

“It’s probably not a news flash to tell you the Dutch are really, really good at speed skating… ‘Why are they so good?’ you may be asking yourself,” Couric mused during Friday’s opening ceremony. “Because skating is an important mode of transportation in a city like Amsterdam.”
    She said Amsterdam “has lots of canals that can freeze in winter. So, for as long as the canals have existed, the Dutch have skated on them to get from place to place, to race each other and also to have fun.”

CNN deputy media editor An Phung wrote, “everyone on Twitter wants Katie Couric to shut up,” while another user wrote, “We haven’t had frozen canals in decades!”

“The Dutch do NOT skate to work,” a different viewer wrote. “Skating on clogs is too hard, even for us.”

A variety of viewers took to Twitter with jokes about Couric’s comment. Some people posted photos of people ice skating and sarcastically captioned them as Amsterdam citizens commuting home.

One viewer wrote that “a few of us skate to work the 5 days we have ice (on average)” but the other 360 days per year they “stay home, or sometimes use bikes or cars or trains to get to work.”
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,209 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »

Hands down! The definition of 'Nut up or shut up'!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,976 Senior Member
    Anybody else know the history of the Biathlon competition? It had a very practical application at one time.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,639 Senior Member
    Nordic ski patrols.....National Defense....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,081 Senior Member
    bellcat wrote: »
    Hands down! The definition of 'Nut up or shut up'!

Nut up or shut up?
    How about penis up?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a8264e5e4b01467fcf0b20f/amp
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    What a bunch of Richard Heads :tooth::roll2::roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,976 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Nordic ski patrols.....National Defense....

It is supposed to simulate the duties of a pre-WW I military courier in the north Europe area- - - -at least that's the story I've heard.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,474 Senior Member
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file