Movie Quote Game

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    One of the Rocky movies

Not just one of the Rocky movies, ............. Thee Rocky movie!

That's like sayin' one of the Rambo movies or one of the Halloween movies or one of the Jason movies or one of the Freddy movies or, ........ etc. :jester:

Movin' on:

"Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today."

"Don't drive angry. Don't drive angry!"
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    “You fool, any man owns a set of pistols like that knows how to use ‘em!!”

I'm not getting it. It seems really familiar and yet I can't place it. Reminds me of an old James Stewart movie but I'm not getting it right now. A low budget western maybe?:confused:
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,412 Senior Member
    Spk wrote: »
    Here's another from the middle ages genre:

"You come to beg a truce, you should be on your knees."

"I came to see your face so that I alone may find you on the battlefield. And you would do well to mark my face, Saxon, for the next time you see it, it will be the last thing you see on this earth."

"Ah, finally, a man worth killing."
    Conversation between Clive Owen as Arturius, and Stellan Skarsgard as Cerdic, in King Arthur. I LOVE that movie!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,164 Senior Member
    I'm not getting it. It seems really familiar and yet I can't place it. Reminds me of an old James Stewart movie but I'm not getting it right now. A low budget western maybe?:confused:

Think Burl Ives, not in a holly jolly mood...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Think Burl Ives, not in a holly jolly mood...

I'm guessing here but I'm going with The Big Country with Gregory Peck (1958)

(yes/no) :confused:
    :win:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,829 Senior Member

Here's a movie quote from the past:

"You did everything to make this private war happen. You've done enough damage. This mission is over, _____. Do you understand me? This mission is over! "
    Troutman to John Rambo, in, I think, the first Rambo movie
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    Troutman to John Rambo, in, I think, the first Rambo movie

Yep.

First Blood

Here's a more modern release (2011). Bill Fichtner is great in this movie:

"No g**damn way. No ever loving way in God's good heaven are you an FBI agent."

"I need you boys to stand down. Captain, you know what this badge means, right? Federal Bureau of get-the-f***-out-of-my-way."
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,360 Senior Member
    Yep.

First Blood

Here's a more modern release (2011). Bill Fichtner is great in this movie:

"No g**damn way. No ever loving way in God's good heaven are you an FBI agent."

"I need you boys to stand down. Captain, you know what this badge means, right? Federal Bureau of get-the-f***-out-of-my-way."

Drive Angry.
    Fichtner to the local law.

Here is one.

"I'm ok, he is just killing my alligator suitcase and shooting holes in my suit.............Man, Thats just mean".

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    “Payback” with James Coburn complaining about Mel Gibson’s treatment of his luggage.

NRA Endowment Member
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,729 Senior Member
    There's no way, no way that you came from my loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,729 Senior Member
    "Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today."

"Don't drive angry. Don't drive angry!"

Groundhog Day?
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    There's no way, no way that you came from my loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!

Sheriff Buford T. Justice in 'Smokey and the Bandit'.

Here's one:

" All fellow members of the Roman senate hear me. Shall we continue to build palace after palace for the rich? Or shall we aspire to a more noble purpose and build decent housing for the poor? How does the senate vote?"
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Gladiator?

NRA Endowment Member
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

Here's one:

" All fellow members of the Roman senate hear me. Shall we continue to build palace after palace for the rich? Or shall we aspire to a more noble purpose and build decent housing for the poor? How does the senate vote?"

History of the World, Part I...One of my favorites.

the vote... "eff the poor!"

Next...a slow easy pitch...

"I will not have my fwiends widiculed by the common soldiewy. - - Anybody else feel like a little... giggle... when I mention my fwiend... Biggus..."
    Support your local Scouts!
    tennmike wrote: »

Here's one:

"All fellow members of the Roman senate hear me. Shall we continue to build palace after palace for the rich? Or shall we aspire to a more noble purpose and build decent housing for the poor? How does the senate vote?"

Entire Senate: "F*** THE POOR!"

Mel Brooks -- History of the World

Here's a classic:

"We did ask you to fight for us but damn it, don't fight against us! Leave us alone! How many more sacrifices? How much more blood? .... How many more lives? .... Belle wasn't enough. Acres wasn't. Now this girl! You want another life? Then take me!"
    roadking wrote: »
    History of the World, Part I...One of my favorites.

the vote... "eff the poor!"

Next...a slow easy pitch...

"I will not have my fwiends widiculed by the common soldiewy. - - Anybody else feel like a little... giggle... when I mention my fwiend... Biggus..."

"Silence! What is all this insolence? You will find yourself in gladiator school vewy quickly with wotten behaviour like that."
    "Wait till Biggus Di**us hears of this!" :rotflmao:

Life of Brian --- Monty Python group

Also a funny comedy:

"Ray. Ray, look... Ray, unconscious chanting! You're chanting!

"[chants] I want to kill everyone. Satan is good. Satan is our pal."
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,785 Senior Member
    "That ain't my department, sir."
    Here's one for Road:

"The mill's closed. There's no more work. We're destitute."

"Ohhhhh."

"I'm afraid I have no choice but to sell you all for scientific experiments."
    “Be nice. Until it’s time to not be nice.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Here's one for Road:

"The mill's closed. There's no more work. We're destitute."

"Ohhhhh."

"I'm afraid I have no choice but to sell you all for scientific experiments."

Monty Python - The Meaning of Life... clip from same scene...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWAC5ZMKeM

Keeping the comedy theme going...

"Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?"
    Support your local Scouts!
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,197 Senior Member
    "Years of academy training wasted!"
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    “Be nice. Until it’s time to not be nice.”

"What if somebody calls my mama a whore?" -- RoadHouse

Next:

"Why is his so much bigger than yours?"

"Ma'am?"

"Your gun."

"I've never needed more."
    bisley wrote: »
    "That ain't my department, sir."

John Wayne in She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949)

Here's another John Wayne favorite:

"Mister, I ain't got a bigoted bone in my body. You don't drop that axe I'll blast you to hell as quick as I would a white man."
    roadking wrote: »
    Monty Python - The Meaning of Life... clip from same scene...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWAC5ZMKeM

Keeping the comedy theme going...

"Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?"

The Smell of Fear :rotflmao: Naked Gun 2 and 1/2

Next:

"Dr. Stone, would you give the court your impression of Mr. Striker?"

"I'm sorry, I don't do impressions... my training is in psychiatry."
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,040 Senior Member
    The Smell of Fear :rotflmao: Naked Gun 2 and 1/2

Next:

"Dr. Stone, would you give the court your impression of Mr. Striker?"

"I'm sorry, I don't do impressions... my training is in psychiatry."

Airplane?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    "Years of academy training wasted!"

Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen) in Toy Story

Next:

"Ride like the wind, Bullseye!"
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Airplane?

Airplane II: The Sequel :up:
    “For the next 48 hours all your decision-making privileges are revoked!!”

NRA Endowment Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,694 Senior Member
    "Diplomatic Immunity..."

BLAM!

"... has been revoked!"
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file