Donald trump CCW

No one has mentioned that Donald Trump had and may still have a near impossible to get CCW permit from the NYCPD. I don't know how much training he had to have to get it but it doesn't matter. the only qualification to get one from the NYCPD is to be a multi-millionare or billionare.

Also note his two oldest sons are big hunters and gun owners.

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,738 Senior Member
    edited March 4 #2
    All it takes to get a carry permit in NYC is about $500 for a lawyer to do your paperwork and a reason to carry.  I looked into it when I was working in NYC and it was not that bad.  I have several friends that have them.  Quite a few more CC NYC permits than most folks realize.  Sean Hannaty has one so does Howard Stern and they are pretty open about it.    It’s not a shall issue state/city but if you have a reason even a regular person can get one.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,206 Senior Member
    If you have reason............and money. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Zee said:
    Yes but not millionaire level money.  My point is that it’s not a near impossible license to obtain.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,544 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Yes but not millionaire level money.  My point is that it’s not a near impossible license to obtain.

No one wants to hear facts.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    edited March 5 #6
    Americans in general get very good at finding ways to get what they want when it's important to them.   When I was a New York state resident I was told that an unrestricted carry was "impossible" to get.  Well impossible took me 3 months.  In most cases it's all about how bad you want something.

There are a lot of misconceptions out there when it comes to guns and CC licenses.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 867 Senior Member
    When I lived in So. California I obtained a CCW, but I lived in Ventura County and the Sheriff was receptive to issuing one. It did require 12 hrs. of training and qualifying with each firearm you wished to carry, was listed on your license.

Back then even though my residence was listed in Ventura Cty. my mailing address was Canoga Park. This was always a problem as Canoga Park was in LA County.
  • JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 150 Member
    I have read i believe on this site there are 38,000 CCWs issued by the NYC PD of which 34,000 were issued to retired police officers, judges, DAs and 4000 to other people like Trump. I have read in firearms and news magazines how hard it can be to get any sort of handgun permit in NYC. Also if the slightest thing goes wrong you can get your habdgun confiscated and you may never get it back. Other VIPs who had NYC CCws include Arthur Sultzberger,  now dead who was the publisher of the New York Times who rans a lot of anti gun articals. His son is the current publisher. Joan Rivers now dead had one. i would hardly call her progun and William Buckley. i think some members of the Rockefeller family also had NYC CCWs
    Yep and my buddy who owned a drugstore had one and my cousin who owned a bodega had one too. Again it's all about how bad you want something and are you willing to do your due diligence or just admit defeat before you start because of something you read. NYC BTW has several different types of handgun licenses including Carry, Premise (Business and Home) and a Limited Carry that allows you to carry while working. Most guys I know that have one are business owners. I have heard that the current mayor is on a crusade to get rid of some of the existing licenses and some folks will be loosing them if they can't prove a need.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,917 Senior Member
    That still sounds like quite a bit of work to exercise a natural right.
    That still sounds like quite a bit of work to exercise a natural right.
    Oh it's an INSANE amount of work and I do not agree with it at all, actually I believe it's probably unconstitutional!  AND it does not stop criminals in NYC from having all the guns they would ever need.

But the fact is that it does not matter to NYC folks enough to do something about it, so not my circus, not my monkeys.  I just wanted to set the record straight about the ability to get a license.   That's all...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file