Half-Cock...Would You or Wouldn't you?

2»

Comments

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,981 Senior Member
    I have carried CZ pattern guns half-roostered and unlocked.  You should be OK.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 505 Senior Member
    edited March 10 #33
    SIGgal said:
    I'm not quite sure that I have ever heard of a half cocked ****. Doesn't sound like it would work really well. As far as the hammer being in a half cocked position, I believe there are some pistols designed to be fired or able to fire from this position, including the Beretta 92........ I may be wrong though, I have been thrown off track with **** and **** talk lol
    Its double action. The trigger squeeze finishes the cocking sequence to full cock before the sear drops the hammer to fire. Makes for potentially humorous language depending on ones disposition.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,600 Senior Member
    I'd prefer clocked and locked...but like I said, the CZ thumb safety isn't as intuitive as the 1911 due mainly to position/elevation and size. I'll look for an aftermarket that is a bit bigger. Many of the CZ parts won't fit this particular "rendition." It's not a copy. But, she shoots like one. 
    It seems the moral of this story is "Carry a 1911"
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 2,932 Senior Member
    Bigslug, I do. Several. I also carry XD-S, XD Mod 2 Subcompact and this Canik depending on my mood, clothing and what I'm doing. Like a 10 mile hike with my wife, I pack the XD-S 45 for feral dogs etc. I keep going back and forth as to whether 10 rounds of .45acp is as good as 16 rounds of 9mm and whether the weight of my Compact Officer's size .45 with it's 7 rounds is as good as 7 rounds in the XD-S which is lighter...  

I've always preferred the 1911 and I suppose I always will, but variety is the spice of life. 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,200 Senior Member
    I'd be especially careful with any foreign made pistol outta the mainstream that a lot isn't known about and study the internal working until I completely understood what each and every part does and how they interact with each other.

Probably just fine, but those pistols have not been around long enough for for a general consensus to be made by the US shootin public yet.

May be an "Exact" copy or maybe not 100%. Things like wear on parts, drop/handling/holster tests and user unintended consequences haven't been fully vetted yet.

Just my take and I'd exercise caution.

Of course you know all that and besides I'd hate for something similar to a "Tex just shot himself............" episode to happen to you or anyone else. 

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,105 Senior Member
    Bigslug, I do. Several. I also carry XD-S, XD Mod 2 Subcompact and this Canik depending on my mood, clothing and what I'm doing. Like a 10 mile hike with my wife, I pack the XD-S 45 for feral dogs etc. I keep going back and forth as to whether 10 rounds of .45acp is as good as 16 rounds of 9mm and whether the weight of my Compact Officer's size .45 with it's 7 rounds is as good as 7 rounds in the XD-S which is lighter...  

I've always preferred the 1911 and I suppose I always will, but variety is the spice of life. 
    Yep.  While 1911s are my ❤️, most of my range sessions involve multiple guns from a DA only SIG and my Model 60 through DA/SA guns and of course 1911s.  I switch from one to another between my "scenarios" and I've never had any issues with the different trigger pulls or manipulation.  As long as you are proficient with all your carry weapons I see NO problems with polygamy 😎
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,068 Senior Member
    edited March 10 #38

Yep.  While 1911s are my ❤️, most of my range sessions involve multiple guns from a DA only SIG and my Model 60 through DA/SA guns and of course 1911s.  I switch from one to another between my "scenarios" and I've never had any issues with the different trigger pulls or manipulation.  As long as you are proficient with all your carry weapons I see NO problems with polymergamy 😎
    FIFY
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
    Don’t know what polymergamy is 
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 505 Senior Member
    edited March 10 #40
    Italian pasta dish?🍛
    Italian pasta dish?🍛
    I must have missed that on every menu I’ve ever ordered from 😁
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,600 Senior Member

Alloy frame 9mm Commander - it's all the spicy variety you need.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,981 Senior Member
    Being married to several different plastics
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file