Savage model 11 in 300 WSM?

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,391 Senior Member
    edited March 10 #32
    SIGgal said:
    Actually passed on it, but found a Browning AB3 Micro Stalker in .243 that I really liked. Fit really nice since it is built for smaller shooters, but the price without the scope was $599. I was going to buy a rifle for Jay, but he is more undecided than a girl, so I shall shop for me. It may be a two rifle deal by the time we are done.

You just want a good deer rifle with lower recoil? Go find a nice Ruger American in .243 Winchester, .260 Remington, or 7-08 Remington. That's all you will ever need for deer. Just put a good scope on it. I like my Nikons and Leupolds. I just bought a nice 4-12x40 Leupold VX-2 and it's clear as a bell. I got it on sale at Optics planet for about $329 I think. If you get something like that you'll be out about $750-$800 total for all new stuff. Get a .243 or 7-08 and you'll find ammo about everywhere, even premium stuff. If you ever get into hand loading the sky's the limit on all three. I find the .308 case one of the easiest to load for.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,322 Senior Member
    bellcat said:
    A bit of a thread jack, but my belief was that a 25 WSM would have been the bomb instead of a the super short mag.

A 25 with 257 Weatherby ballistics in that short magnum would have stole the show.

It was tested.  Pressures were an issue so it was scrapped and put I  the WSSM case
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file