H.R.5087 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 841 Senior Member

H.R.5087 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

When you read this the majority of your favorite firearms will be banned.
Better start contacting your HR.. and Senator if you want to keep your firearms.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,458 Senior Member
    Relax. This has about as much chance of passing as national concealed carry reciprocity. In other words, it won't happen. 
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,003 Senior Member
    Holy F! If that had a snowballs chance I wouldn't have but a couple firearms.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 837 Senior Member
    My rep the traitor wants a ban (Mast). My senators want a ban (Rubio and Nelson). Waste of time contacting them. 
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,003 Senior Member
    I sent out my standard response emails to my reps.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,634 Senior Member
    My rep, Dan Kildee is a cosponsor.

My district has been jerrymandered as a safe blue district so there is absolutely no chance in turning it red. The only option is to get progun blue candidates involved.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,130 Senior Member
    I too believe it will fail BUT each time one of these bills hit the floor I think it takes a chip out of what little foundation we have left. I don’t think it will happen in my lifetime but my kid might see the the loss of a lot of firearms and a citizen’s right to use one unless there is a swing in the mentality of the younger generations ... and we are losing them more and more to mainstream and social media brainwashing each day.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • amx4080amx4080 New Member Posts: 6 New Member
    Best part about the list in that bill is it pointed out some additional items I need to purchase!  :)
  • Mogg2112Mogg2112 New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, new member here. I contacted both of my reps about a week ago. I"m lucky I live in a free state (AK), but all it takes is one tragedy to change that.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 1,963 Senior Member
    I believe my 2nd amendment rights are pretty well protected here in Wyoming. But then again, never say never.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file