H.R.5087 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 867 Senior Member

H.R.5087 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text
When you read this the majority of your favorite firearms will be banned.
Better start contacting your HR.. and Senator if you want to keep your firearms.

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,519 Senior Member
    Relax. This has about as much chance of passing as national concealed carry reciprocity. In other words, it won't happen. 
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,099 Senior Member
    Holy F! If that had a snowballs chance I wouldn't have but a couple firearms.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 849 Senior Member
    My rep the traitor wants a ban (Mast). My senators want a ban (Rubio and Nelson). Waste of time contacting them. 
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,099 Senior Member
    I sent out my standard response emails to my reps.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,917 Senior Member
    My rep, Dan Kildee is a cosponsor.

My district has been jerrymandered as a safe blue district so there is absolutely no chance in turning it red. The only option is to get progun blue candidates involved.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,244 Senior Member
    I too believe it will fail BUT each time one of these bills hit the floor I think it takes a chip out of what little foundation we have left. I don’t think it will happen in my lifetime but my kid might see the the loss of a lot of firearms and a citizen’s right to use one unless there is a swing in the mentality of the younger generations ... and we are losing them more and more to mainstream and social media brainwashing each day.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • amx4080amx4080 New Member Posts: 6 New Member
    Best part about the list in that bill is it pointed out some additional items I need to purchase!  :)
  • Mogg2112Mogg2112 New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, new member here. I contacted both of my reps about a week ago. I"m lucky I live in a free state (AK), but all it takes is one tragedy to change that.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 1,998 Senior Member
    I believe my 2nd amendment rights are pretty well protected here in Wyoming. But then again, never say never.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file