The Can is out of NFA Jail! (SiCo Omega 300)

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,274 Senior Member
On 24 March 2017 I plunked my money down and sent off my paperwork to get a suppressor, after trying my dad's and becoming a convert. 

On 27 February 2018 I got the call that the stamp was approved and I could come pick it up! As such I have officially rescued my SilencerCo Omega 300. 

I decided to go with quick attach via SiCo muzzle devices. I already have 2 ARs outfitted with either a brake or flash hider, and my Tikka T3x in 6.5 CM will soon get a brake as well. 

More pics to follow later. I hope to hit the range with it this week. 
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,207 Senior Member
    Wow!  That took a long time!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 981 Senior Member
    Them AR's need it. Things are loud for a 22 cal.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,120 Senior Member
    Congrats!
    Still waiting on my stamp so I can build my 22cal
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,939 Senior Member
    Nice. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,467 Senior Member
    great!  Range report?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,320 Senior Member
    Awesome, cans are fun. Yes Ge been wanting to add a .50 cal can to my bunch so I can use it on the Beowulf and .338 Lapua.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,750 Senior Member
    Freaking sweet!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,607 Senior Member
    Way to long of a wait, but i am sure worth it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,120 Senior Member
    The wait shows no sign of becoming shorter. It appears that 11 months is about average. 

All the hopes of quick passage of The Hearing Protection Act were for naught, certainly for the foreseeable future. 

All that being said, still one of my favorite accessories. 
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,274 Senior Member
    No range report yet, but I was able to get the brake installed on my Tikka T3x. Looks like I'll be hitting the range next Sunday to test out the can and push the Tikka out to 1K

- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 2,997 Senior Member
    Wow, only a year. It sort of makes one wonder what the waiting period for a rifle will be in the future. 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file