What's the weather like?

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    I wore a short sleeve shirt for the first time this year yesterday.  Wore a short sleeve shirt again today.  It's by no means summer weather, but it's a lot better than it's been.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,854 Senior Member
    Lovely day today Sunny and in the low 40s..,.except for the part where the wife ended up back in the ER....guess she needed a little more time in the ICU.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,475 Senior Member
    Snowing like crazy here in N. Kentucky. Forecasting up to 4 inches tonight. Trees are budding and daffodils are blooming 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,010 Senior Member
    edited March 13 #605
    We had a inch of snow on the car this AM

All gone by noon
    I have a need for speed
    Weird day....sunny and pleasant one minute, heavy snow squalls the next...all day long...
    Wife is back home again....they seem to have finally got a handle on the respiratory issues...
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,550 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Weird day....sunny and pleasant one minute, heavy snow squalls the next...all day long...
    Wife is back home again....they seem to have finally got a handle on the respiratory issues...
    Well, glad to hear that the breathing issues for your wife seem to be handled! I would say that it will be Spring soon and you can open the doors and get some serious dusting done. But down here, Spring means everything is in pollen mode, especially the pine trees, and EVERYTHING wands to pollinate your sinuses! Don't know about up there, but down here once the pollination starts, it doesn't end until winter.

Supposed to be clear and sunny tomorrow and Thursday. If the 20 mph winds will lay down for just a little while, I can get that T-bolt out and run it through the ringer.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,010 Senior Member
    Good news with your lady.

Pollen season is on here as well, though everything is not yellow yet.
    I have a need for speed
    Nice sunny day today. It's 67° and the wind is going 20 mph with gusts that will pert near knock you sideways. Good kite flying weather, but it sucks brown starfish for shootin'. Maybe tomorrow.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

Highs in the mid 70s today.  Supposed to get warmer through the weekend.

Brutal!

Jerry

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,606 Senior Member
    Sunny, light breeze 73 degrees. In other words, perfection. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 2,930 Senior Member
    Raining sand here today.  30-40 mph sustained wind with 50+ mph gusts today... I hate spring here....
    There was 1.5 inches of new snow on the ground yesterday morning when I left Kentucky. It was 70+ here in Mississippi today. I mowed the yard.
    I stole this from Twitter. 
    Sunny but still in the high 30s.....more spring-like temps predicted in the days ahead
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,897 Senior Member
    All the bad stuff went around us. Just patches of rain & snow. The east is a mess I hear.
    Well, on the second day of Spring, Old Man Winter came back around for a little fun. 31° this morning at wakeup, and it's warmed up to a balmy 37° at 1325 hours.  And it's way too windy to venture outside. Somebody needs to kick Old Man Winter in the snowballs and send him on his way.

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,100 Senior Member
    Thursday morning, 3/22:  four inches of snow on the ground.  It's beautiful to look at.  I can see prints of deer and squirrels right outside my window.  Makes me want to go goose hunting!  Streets and sidewalks plowed and cleared.  Life is good.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,606 Senior Member
    60 with sunshine and a light breeze. Perfect day to be sick. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,998 Senior Member
    It's 71 right now, perfect weather. But in another month we'll be crying because of humidity and heat and it's down hill from there on out.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,998 Senior Member
    Weather report calling for 8 to 10 inches of snow over next two day and next week high 30s to low 40s.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,897 Senior Member
    Snow heading this way too. Tonight & tomorrow 6 to 10 inches.
    Guess I'll go to an auction & buy treasures I don't need Saturday .( real happy I didn't take the snow tires off my truck )
    31° this a.m. and kinda chilly with the humidity at 74%. Trees are trying to bud out and flowers bloom, but the yo-yo temperatures the last couple of weeks have them confused a bit.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,243 Senior Member
    gonna hit 82 today.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,209 Senior Member
    Warm sunny morning, puffy clouds in the sky, quiet. All of a sudden, noise like a B52. Wind so strong its lifting up the shingles on the roofs. I can feel a draft coming through my old shack and it sounds like its ready to lift off.👀🏃
    BREAKING NEWS:
    BOLO has been issued for Mother Nature. She is bi-polar and off her meds. Do NOT approach! Call Law Enforcement if you spot Her!

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,998 Senior Member
    Snowing!

Rain started about 4 this morning, and hasn't stopped.  Sometimes heavy, but mostly fairly light.  Supposed to continue through tomorrow.   Temps in 60s, so it's not too bad.

This area was under drought conditions for several years up until last years.  Now, it seems, it's monsoon season all the time.

Jerry

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,936 Senior Member
    edited March 28 #629
    Weather is pretty nice this week

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 417 Member
    One week ago we had one of the rare snowfalls of this winter. But it's back up in the low 60s now and low 30s-20s at night. Windy as usual in the valley. When I first moved here I was talking to my Dr. and he asked me how I liked it here. I told him the wind was a little annoying. He said when you look at the mountains like today and they still have snow, we'll have a lot of wind. After the snow melts, we'll still have a lot of wind! Truer words were never spoken!;)
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,695 Senior Member
    Hasnt rained in a couple weeks now (3)?. Been around mid 80s and sunny everyday. Running sprinklers now
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file