Movie Quote Game

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,169 Senior Member

Here's another:

"Hey Doolittle Lynn, who's that sow you got wallowin' in your jeep."

------ "What'd you call me?"

"A sow, that's a woman pig."

I was being a little sneaky with the T2 quote.

The one above doesn't ring any bells?

Butcher Holler? Kentucky? Coal mines? (1980)  ;)
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,993 Senior Member
    I had to look it up, my first guess was Harlan County, USA - but no.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    ..."its just a nightmare!" "No, its not!"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,463 Senior Member
    Coal Miner's Daughter.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    edited March 7 #726
    Thank you Gene!

How can folks not remember Coal Miner's Daughter  with S-i-s-s-y Spacek and Tommy Lee Jones. AKA the Loretta Lynn story.
    (I have to spell her name that way because of the dumb auto-censor)

"Well now, if that don't beat all... I am depressed."
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
    zorba said:
    This sounds like A Nightmare on Elm Street. Where the mom is trying to convince Nancy that it's just a nightmare. IIRC there's a young Johnny Depp in the movie also.

Here's another classic:

"A naked American man stole my balloons."

"Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors."

------ "Beware the moon, lads."

Spk said:
    zorba said:
    This sounds like A Nightmare on Elm Street. Where the mom is trying to convince Nancy that it's just a nightmare. IIRC there's a young Johnny Depp in the movie also.

Nope - BUT I misquoted, the real quote is: "Its only a dream." "No, its not!"

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,178 Senior Member
    Phantasm?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen said:
    Phantasm?
    Close enough. The very last scene in Phantasm II.

Here's one for you Zorb:

"....., what the hell are you doing here? You're dead."

-------------- "So what else is new?"

"Some folks never know when to give it up."

Here's one for LM to mull over:

"I'm... sorry."

-------- "Sorry don't get it done, Dude. That's the second time you hit me. Don't ever do it again."

Spk said:
    Here's one for you Zorb:

"....., what the hell are you doing here? You're dead."

-------------- "So what else is new?"

"Some folks never know when to give it up."

Phantasm III, although I wasn't sure if it was III or IV, so I cheated and looked it up.

zorba said:
    Phantasm III, although I wasn't sure if it was III or IV, so I cheated and looked it up.
    Yep.

I think Phantasm III was the most amusing of the series and, man, very 80's :#

Personally, IDC if you have to look things up because I'm reminded of another quote everyone has seen:

"Keep the game a live!"

Not from a movie!
    Here's a classic for Sci Fi fans out there:

"Einstein WAS right!"

-------- "Einstein was PROBABLY one of them!"

Spk said:
    Here's one for LM to mull over:

"I'm... sorry."

-------- "Sorry don't get it done, Dude. That's the second time you hit me. Don't ever do it again."

Rio Bravo.  
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen said:

Rio Bravo.  
    Yep.

I've seen quite a few John Wayne movies. Although, I can't say I've seen them all....He made a truckload!

Here's a more recent movie that I posted before but it seems no one got it. Let's try this one just one more time:

"All the Gods, All the Heavens, All the Hells are within you."
    If anyone gets this one I'd be surprised:

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."

-------- "What a stupid lamb."

"What a sick, masochistic lion."
    “Oh for Christ’s sake, DaSilva, get off this cop-on-the-beat mentality!!  Your wife left you for it, wasn’t that enough??”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen said:
    “Oh for Christ’s sake, DaSilva, get off this cop-on-the-beat mentality!!  Your wife left you for it, wasn’t that enough??”
    Nighthawks (1981)

That's Nigel Davenport talking to Sly Stallone in a Sylvester Stallone, Rutger Hauer, Billy Dee Williams movie. Was it just my imagination or was Lindsay Wagner kinda hot in this movie?

Another Stallone movie (an easy one):

" I must break you."

"If he dies, he dies."
    Another easy classic:

"A lie keeps growing and growing until it's as plain as the nose on your face."

"Prove yourself brave, truthful, and unselfish, and someday, you will be a real boy."

"Oh great, look who's with them. Queen Bitch of the universe..."

zorba said:
    "Oh great, look who's with them. Queen **** of the universe..."
    I think this is The Abyss

They say Bitch a lot in this movie.

Here's a seaworthy Jules Verne classic from 1954:

"The natives over there are cannibals. They eat liars with the same enthusiasm as they eat honest men."

edited March 12 #744
    Spk said:
    zorba said:
    "Oh great, look who's with them. Queen **** of the universe..."
    I think this is The Abyss

They say Bitch a lot in this movie.
    Yep, now how did you get "Bitch" to post? AH! It works if you bold it! Who knew?

zorba said:

Yep, now how did you get "****" to post? AH! It works if you bold it! Who knew?
    You must first master the art of Sinanju.

"Karate, Kung Fu, Ninjitsu...  they are but shadows. Sinanju is the Sun."  B)

"Well now, if that don't beat all... I am depressed."

It's a classic. One of the most quoted movies on this forum!
    Spk said:

Here's another classic:

"A naked American man stole my balloons."

"Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors."

------ "Beware the moon, lads."

Doesn't ring any bells for anyone?
    Spk said:

"Einstein WAS right!"

Sci-Fi not cuttin' it these days :(
    Spk said:
    Spk said:

"Einstein WAS right!"

Sci-Fi not cuttin' it these days :(
    Sorry, missed this one.  Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

”You two sound like a couple of old women!  Come on inside and watch TV...”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen said:

Sorry, missed this one.  Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

”You two sound like a couple of old women!  Come on inside and watch TV...”
    This isn't really ringing any bells but it reminds me of a scene in Thunderheart with Val Kilmer.

Am I even close?
    👍

NRA Endowment Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file