Fake Anti Gun Polls? How Could That Be Possible? (SARCASM)

sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior MemberPosts: 1,341 Senior Member
A Oregon Anti Gun Group is seriously pushing a total ban of civilians possessing semi automatic "Weapons Of War" rifles and "High Capacity Magazines"! It is nearly an exact copy of the 1989 California ban that did nothing to reduce gun violence. They need 1,000 petition signatures to get it on the Secretary of State's desk and 88,000 more for a legislature vote. A female representative of the anti gunners was interviewed on yesterdays news. With a straight face she stated that the majority of law abiding gun owners asked (not allowed to say polled?) agreed that there was no legitimate reason for civilians to possess AR-15 type rifles and similar weapons of war. What a load of bovine excrement! She then added. "And we all know what happens when people possess these weapons of war"! No I don't! The many people I know who own these rifles when actually using them do so in a safe and law abiding manner. I received a timely e-mail this morning from the NRA concerning the recent flood of fake polls from the anti gunners. When I figure out how to link it I will do that or just copy and paste.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,212 Senior Member
    edited March 22 #2
    Most Americans want common sense gun control.

Anyone want to add up all the money spent purchasing new AR15 rifles in the last ten years???

Math don't lie.
    It's common sense.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,341 Senior Member

I figured out how to link from e-mail. There was a "open in browser" option in tiny print. WARNING This article contains a more than usual excessive amount of begging for money. I swear the NRA spends more than my annual dues begging by mail.

http://graphics.nra.org/chriscox/803-1.html

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,550 Senior Member
    Any time that the Left uses that phrase 'A majority of Americans' or throws in a percentage like '92% of Americans' I know without listening further that the speaker is a deity condemned feces eating liar of epic proportions. And that FACT is easy to figure out using nothing but reason and simple logic, and asking the ONE PERTINENT QUESTION. And that question is, "When has the American populace agreed by 90% on ANYTHING?. Any time a large percentage number like that is thrown out, just repeat after me, "That person is a lying festering bag of maggot ridden excrement", and stop listening.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,196 Senior Member
    A mark of a liberal argument is that they never try to use facts or their own individual ideas or convictions to try to prove a point.  It’s always the unprovable “most people” or “we believe” or “ the majority of Americans” with absolutely no numbers to back it up.

Their other “strategy” is mocking your points with phrases such as “Oh you can’t really believe that.” or indirect insults like “Anyone that believes that is stupid.” As soon as they run out of facts.   When I bump into any of the above I’ve learned to bail on the discussion.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,695 Senior Member
    A mark of a liberal argument is that they never try to use facts or their own individual ideas or convictions to try to prove a point.  It’s always the unprovable “most people” or “we believe” or “ the majority of Americans” with absolutely no numbers to back it up.

Their other “strategy” is mocking your points with phrases such as “Oh you can’t really believe that.” or indirect insults like “Anyone that believes that is stupid.” As soon as they run out of facts.   When I bump into any of the above I’ve learned to bail on the discussion.
    You mean like when "the students" "survivors" told Marco Rubio he had no idea what he was talking about and was stupid on national television? Unfortunately today that is the majority of what is said when there is disagreement. I used to ignore and go my way, but lately explain to them how THEY are wrong and are quoting non facts. May not change their mind, but maybe a seed of doubt...
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,341 Senior Member

The "poll" being displayed on todays news: Do we need stricter gun laws? Percentage of yes answers: Overall: 64%. Democrats: 90%. Republicans: 50%. Gun owners: 54%. I found it odd the poll source was not disclosed (or maybe not). "Gun Owners" is to me the most questionable. Would anyone pro gun check that box on a undoubtedly anti gun poll with the exception of liberals engaging in a form of one of their favorite activities? Ballot Box stuffing.     
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,021 Senior Member
    It would depend on how they ask the question. If they asked, "Do you approve of new restrictions keeping guns out of the hands Hitler, Stalin, illegal IV drug users, pedophiles, and sharks? Yes, no, or undecided?"

I would probably put my foot down because sharks are people too and they have rights, if you were to say yes to that question, they would mark you down as a gun owner that approves of new gun control legislation.

And keep in mind that this is an enthusiast forum-- we hang out here because we really like guns so we kind of self selected ourselves by being here. For example-- I like my car but I do not like cars enough to spend my leisure time online discussing cars. I put gas in it, try to keep it running and use it to drive places. Some calls for legislation to regulate hot rods aren't really going to excite me. There are lots of gun owners that see stuff in our hobby the same way I see cars. 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,550 Senior Member

The bolded part. Most anyone that has EVER been in a discussion with me and used one of those sentences has wished that they had not been so loose with their words. Those two sentences, and ones like them, come under the 'THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS!' clause. :smiley:
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file