Best Argument for the 2nd Amendment

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 9,505 Senior Member
McMinn County War, 1946.
Not too many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,021 Senior Member
    Hmmmm. Athens, Tennessee. I am sure Wambli is familiar with the place.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,466 Senior Member
    I would have gone back further to the Lincoln County War.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,212 Senior Member
    edited March 27 #4
    I'll have to google this one.

Wow!
    OMG!
    I like the non partisan moniker.
    The idea of confronting local goverments is one Ive never heard brought up. It always seems centered on Federal tyranny. It's difficult for me to imagine citizen armed resistance to crooked government like in Illinois or privatised dictorial oligarchy like some municipalities in Michigan without the National Guard being deployed.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,236 Senior Member
    Are you kidding? The only thing more corrupt than the Federal gov't, is a local gov't!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,291 Senior Member
    Whiskey Rebellion, Shays Rebellion....
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,550 Senior Member
    I grew up south of McMinn County in Bradley County, and now live west of McMinn close by the TN River. That was a subject of discussion around the pot bellied stove in the country store I hung out at on up into the '60s when I was growing up, and taught in Tennessee history classes in grade and High School.

Those WWII veterans had already fought the Axis tyranny only to find themselves home smack in the middle of one in their county. They didn't 'cotton' to that and the ballot stuffing by the Sheriff, and did what had to be done. The Sheriff and his deputies were no match for battle hardened veterans. And the veterans had dynamite whose use encouraged the Sheriff and his deputies to give up! :smiley:
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file