Federal Law to require a background check to purchase ammunition

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 7,335 Senior Member

I knew this person was crazy, she plays dirty politics and has no respect after what she did during the last election cycle. But this time Debbie Wasserman Schultz is off her rocker.  This law would put numerous companies out of business. Shot down gun ranges and make it cost prohibitive for many to shoot.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,381 Senior Member
    New York and Commiefornia already have it - and the NRA et al have done ZERO about it, so I'm not surprised someone's promulgating it at the federal level.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    If poll taxes are illegal, shouldn't gun taxes be too?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,548 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    We've been paying gun and ammo taxes since forever. The old BATFE excise tax (11%) was taken over by the Pittman-Robertson Act for wildlife restoration. There is also a similar tax on fishing lures and equipment.

As an aside, it looks like that .22 LR reloading kit I bought could come in right handy! :smiley:
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,708 Senior Member
    edited March 28 #5
    Background check my ass! Go ahead, I got nothing to hide. But don't do it every time I go in Wally World.  Run my back ground every few years giving me a voters registration card and an ok to buy a gun and ammo. Run the check, give me the card and I'll go about my way and mind my own business.

This card could also be used to get a Concealed Carry Permit. How many back ground checks do we need? Do them all at once. It would be cheaper and simpler for both us and the government. If you have a gun in your possession and don't have that card or other proof you've had a back ground check you're in trouble. You're breaking the law. But the mere fact you have a CCW and a Voters card would be proof you have been background checked. You're clear.
    Also, it could be used for another necessity. It could also be used to clear you for a driver's license too.  That way illegals wouldn't be able to get driver's license.
    It would be a quadruple redundant system:
    Voter Registration
    Background check for gun or ammo purchases
    Background check for CCW issue
    Background check for driver's license issue.

One background check for everything no matter where you make a purchase and no direct link to a gun purchase while at the same time closing the gun show loop hole. What's not to love?

If the left is sincere with only wanting to make sure no one gets a gun that has no business having one they should jump all over this.

Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,708 Senior Member
    edited March 28 #6
    tennmike said:
    BAMAAK said:
    We've been paying gun and ammo taxes since forever. The old BATFE excise tax (11%) was taken over by the Pittman-Robertson Act for wildlife restoration. There is also a similar tax on fishing lures and equipment.

As an aside, it looks like that .22 LR reloading kit I bought could come in right handy! :smiley:
    There was also the Dingell-Johnson Act on fishing supplies and licenses. So we pay no matter what we do. So we pay our fair share.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,548 Senior Member
    edited March 28 #7
    All you got to remember is this ONE SENTENCE:
    THE POWER TO TAX AND REGULATE IS THE POWER TO DESTROY.

If YOU remember that ONE sentence, then you can clearly see where the government is going with some of their taxes and regulations.
    This new background check on ammo will DESTROY the ability to buy ammunition from sellers on the internet and have it delivered to your door. That right there is the big poopie stick in the punch bowl. THINK what that would do to ammunition prices and sales in general.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT SAFETY!  IT'S ALL ABOUT CONTROL AND DESTRUCTION!
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 282 Member
    It’s horse **** and completely unconstitutional but I’ll be damned if I don’t capitalize off it if it passes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file