Just exactly what is an "assault weapon ban"?

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 6,005 Senior Member

I like to watch Tucker Carlson on Fox.  He's pro-gun, and a conservative, but interviews his fair share of folks with a different mind set, aka liberals.   I've watched him ask a number of people who want an "assault weapon ban" just exactly what means.  I have yet to hear a clear, cogent response.

When he asks them specifically what they would do with such firearms already in the arms of private citizens, the spinning ramps up so high it's easy to forget the question.  He then asks point blank if a ban would mean that the government would forcibly take such guns from law abiding citizens.  The spin only gets worse.

Maybe Alpha  knows some anti-gunners who can answer this, and post their response.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Comments

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,548 Senior Member
    It isn't about assault weapons with those people. It's about ALL firearms with them, and they want them ALL confiscated, but they're too cowardly to actually state that fact.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,179 Senior Member
    They will never get all especially ones like these ...

that are a result of this ...

We may give some up but I will guarantee that quite a few will have something held back.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,302 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    It isn't about assault weapons with those people. It's about ALL firearms with them, and they want them ALL confiscated, but they're too cowardly to actually state that fact.
    Shazaam, you win the internet!
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    Meriam Webster has revised the definition to include any and all semi autos.  Proof that if the dems say something enough, people believe it to be fact.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 500 Senior Member
    Whatever thay can force other people to give up that they're not personally interested in having for themselves.
    NCFUBAR said:
    They will never get all especially ones like these ...

that are a result of this ...

We may give some up but I will guarantee that quite a few will have something held back.
    I may, or may not, have some made of aluminum and some of polymer like that. I also may, or may not, also have some that aren't milled yet. :smiley:
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,335 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    Meriam Webster has revised the definition to include any and all semi autos.  Proof that if the dems say something enough, people believe it to be fact.
    I dont have a tinfoil hat, but that right there says a lot about high level control
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    BAMAAK said:
    I dont have a tinfoil hat, but that right there says a lot about high level control
    If you remember reading the book '1984' then you should have a cold chill running up your back right about now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file