The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Comments

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 271 Member
    Between watching Ave, wranglerstar, Abom, demolitionranch and carsand cameras, I have very little time to subscribe to another YouTuber lol. But I have seen some of his videos. Pretty sharp guy.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,621 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Twice today ive gotten a sales call. First thing the recording says: "DO NOT HANG UP!"
    ummmm, click. 

They called again. They are selling medical braces. ANY brace my insurance will cover as of January 1.  How do I know? That's what the recording said. Has to be right. Anyway, I press 1 to be  connected with someone who will help me. 

"Hello, thanks for calling blah blah medical braces, how can I help you?"

"uhhhh, yeeeeaaaaah. Do you  guys have  dick braces?"

She hung up without answering. And here I am left wondering.  Damnit. 

Nicely done!
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,608 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Twice today ive gotten a sales call. First thing the recording says: "DO NOT HANG UP!"
    ummmm, click. 

They called again. They are selling medical braces. ANY brace my insurance will cover as of January 1.  How do I know? That's what the recording said. Has to be right. Anyway, I press 1 to be  connected with someone who will help me. 

"Hello, thanks for calling blah blah medical braces, how can I help you?"

"uhhhh, yeeeeaaaaah. Do you  guys have  dick braces?"

She hung up without answering. And here I am left wondering.  Damnit. 

Good one..........
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,652 Senior Member
    I was honestly a bit disappointed that she hung up. I was in a mood to mess with people. That's ok, I'm sure I'll get another sales call.  
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee

Prototype mostly done. Believe it will work. Got some precision angle
    grinder work to do though. 
    Zee
    Iiiiiits beginning to look a lot like **** this! Every where you go! 

Thay cone shape needs to be machined into my barrel in order for the extractor to function. That taper goes RIGHT up to the chamber. There is ZERO fudge room. So, I say fudge it. I'll pic empties out with a screwdriver. But I'll at least get fancy and make a slot and a custom screw driver. I mean, I have SOME class. 
    Zee
    If you wanted to spend a chunk of change, you could get a rotary collet chuck and mill that angle perfect. But I don’t blame you. Nothing wrong with picking them out. You could make a spring loaded ejector that the bolt closes against and retain it and it’s travel with a side pin.
    It was a silly design to begin with. There's hardly any wall thickness. It's obviously safe, but still doesn't mean it's a good idea. Be easy to ding the edge and foul  up the chamber.  I saw one of these rifles other day and that whole cut out  area looked like crap. Not protected at all. 
     I hate to have to pick out the empties, but, I'd hate to re cut, re thread, re chamber a barrel. And it's not a speed gun.  It's a spend an afternoon shooting a box of ammo gun. 
    Zee
    I’ve got a donor barrel from a Remington if you’re interested. Just needs threaded. It’s a 22LR. I don’t reckon I need it for anything.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,468 Senior Member
    Drill 'n' tap a hole in the mandrel. File a shallow slot across the edge of the D 'n' T'd hole. Use a socket head screw and a flat washer to hold the end of the wire.  Proceed to winding that spring! :smiley:
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

cpj said:
    It was a silly design to begin with. There's hardly any wall thickness. It's obviously safe, but still doesn't mean it's a good idea. Be easy to ding the edge and foul  up the chamber.  I saw one of these rifles other day and that whole cut out  area looked like crap. Not protected at all. 
     I hate to have to pick out the empties, but, I'd hate to re cut, re thread, re chamber a barrel. And it's not a speed gun.  It's a spend an afternoon shooting a box of ammo gun. 
    I rectum you forgot about me telling you that that angled part could be put on the barrel "you're going to screw into the receiver" didn't ya! :D
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

I rectum you forgot about me telling you that that angled part could be put on the barrel "you're going to screw into the receiver" didn't ya! :D
    Nope. Not at all. It makes it a LOT easier to make that cut only doing it on the barrel if one chooses too. But at this very moment, I do not choose too. 
    Zee
    Then you need an angle block and a rotary table to mount on it. Makes it SOOOOOO much easier to do that by taking off 1° of metal at a time.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,557 Senior Member
    edited April 10 #29026
    That's high even for a5 ton spilt system with all new copper. Unless they replaced all the old duct work too. We barely get that for installing a new 5 ton system around here completely from scratch. 
    4Ton Heat pump and new inside set up too, high static down draft.

Duct work is the only thing not replaced
    Old system was 7 years old
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,302 Senior Member
    edited April 10 #29027
    Just got hit by a storm. Winds up to 140km/k ( about 90mph)
    The carport I park the jeep under just bit the dust.....luckily my mum didnt raise stupid kids cos I parked the jeep under a more substantial structure when I got home. Cant go anywhere until I tear down what remains of the carport............and get my chainsaw out to clear the driveway of trees which succumbed to the high winds.
    Judging by the debris around the place it looks like some of the orchid houses bit the dust. Its midnight and I aint going outside to see how bad the damage is...........best thing to do under the circumstances is drag the bottle of Jim Beam 'Devils Cut' out and lower the level by a couple of fingers until the storm stops. Forecast is for high winds tomorrow as well.

Its officially classed as a cat 2 cyclone.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,557 Senior Member
    Stay safe Alec
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,594 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Stay safe Alec

Yes, be it so
    My new Signature
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,304 Senior Member
    NN said:
    knitepoet said:
    Stay safe Alec

Yes, be it so

Most definitely.  Be careful with the clean up, never know what may be under that storm debris
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,608 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that Alec. Stay safe over there. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,347 Senior Member
    Ooogh! Sounds like a mess down there...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,074 Senior Member
    I got some .22 ammo called Cyclones.................

Different name fer a hurricane/typhoon/tropical storm..............they all suck if you get hit by them.

Stay safe.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    test

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 5,924 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    test
    "Mr. Watson, come here. I want to see you."

cjp wrote: »

..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »

...But seriously Shush....

Nuts. The mini-split air evac and startup got rained out today. HVAC guy hopes to come tomorrow...

Stay safe, Alec. Hope the damage is much less than you are thinking. Mother Nature is getting frisky of late. Hope things are good there, and stay safe!

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,302 Senior Member
    Managed to survive. Widespread damage across the city but havent heard of any fatalities. Strongest gust was recorded about 9 miles away at 213 km/h ( 132mph).

Got a couple of hours of work cleaning up before I can get my jeep out and get up to mums. Their driveway is completely blocked by fallen trees so it looks like I will be spending time on the chainsaw today. Its going to hurt......I think I have a torn rotator cuff as I have very limited movement in my left shoulder. Injured it about 2 weeks ago and strained it further yesterday.

Thanks for your concern guys.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    Well, a little more progress. Pay no mind to the drill bit/temporary pin. The extractor works good.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,074 Senior Member
    Wow.......that is Cat 4 hurricane strength winds. Not good. Hope you can get to your moms OK and the roads are clear.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Meh. Installed a deadbolt on the door between the house and garage. Nice metal clad door, but no wood reinforcement where I cut for the deadbolt. I even cut it at the specified distance from the knob. Was hoping somebody made a "do-dah" for this problem, but apparently nobody does and nobody's talking about this online anywhere I can see. So - I'll cut some small pieces of wood and fix it as best I can...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file