What guns y'all gonna bring toe the SE Shoot?

13»

Comments

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    Mst Larry hornaday at Larry's, very nice guy.  Asked him about short barrel ammo.  He said Critical Defense has faster powder for short barrels, critical duty is for full size.  Asked how come they don't make .22lr, he said to big an investment for very small return.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,548 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    529.00 and they have plenty
    Went down there this morning and picked one up. Good price! 7 hour round trip, though. I'm beat. Rained all the way down and all the way back. And people on the interstate were driving WAY stupid. I was tired out when I rolled into my driveway.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,184 Senior Member
    If anybody wants me to bring my 3" .44 Magnum I will. In fact I'm reloading some Hornady 240 grain jacketed silhouette bullets (have a crimped petals flat nose, I think fer spattering on steel?)  atop 23.0 grains of Win 296 as we speak. Not Max, my Hornady book says 24.5 is. Enough to let you know you touched off a magnum, fer sure.

Anyhow I bought #500 a few years ago on sale, have shot some and gave away some. May as well shoot some of them.

Also, will load some 240 cast SWC poly coated MBC bullets using 10.0 Unique for a more moderate load. Fired some of them the other day.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    I think I'll bring my .44 Mag. Derringer. A box of 20 rounds ought to be sufficient, as most of the time shooting it will be finding where it flew when it was fired! :smiley:
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,709 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I think I'll bring my .44 Mag. Derringer. A box of 20 rounds ought to be sufficient, as most of the time shooting it will be finding where it flew when it was fired! :smiley:
    Id like I try it. 

Once. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,335 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    If anybody wants me to bring my 3" .44 Magnum I will. In fact I'm reloading some Hornady 240 grain jacketed silhouette bullets (have a crimped petals flat nose, I think fer spattering on steel?)  atop 23.0 grains of Win 296 as we speak. Not Max, my Hornady book says 24.5 is. Enough to let you know you touched off a magnum, fer sure.

Anyhow I bought #500 a few years ago on sale, have shot some and gave away some. May as well shoot some of them.

Also, will load some 240 cast SWC poly coated MBC bullets using 10.0 Unique for a more moderate load. Fired some of them the other day.

Sure, .44 mag .45 colt lets shoot the big bores
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    tennmike said:
    I'll pass on that one. I don't wanna damage my hand and spoil my comfort shootin other guns.

I'll be it makes folks flinch after they fire one round................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    OK so far:
    Marlin Model 60 and couple Speed D Loaders
    Buckmark
    Mosin Nagant with Howling Raven muzzle brake
    Ruger MPR 556
    624 .44 Spl
    Model 14 underlug .38
    Ruger LC9s
    629 3" .44 mag

And copious amounts of ammo.

Plus trim(er) fer cpj and Woody and brick of .22 for the contest.

I have some odds and ends I have no use for like .270/30-06/other calibers of brass I'll never use if anyone wants it. Too good to throw away, but needs to go to someone who will use it.  I may have some .300 Win mag brass too.

Zorba I have some surplus .303 British ammo you can have......corrosive so you will have to clean your rifle the same day you fire it. Berdan primed so not reloadable brass. I reload for .303 and won't use it.

I need to thin my junk out while I'm still able.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,381 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Zorba I have some surplus .303 British ammo you can have......corrosive so you will have to clean your rifle the same day you fire it. Berdan primed so not reloadable brass. I reload for .303 and won't use it.

Cool! And thanx! Most of what I have is corrosive anyway.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    edited April 7 #71
    Oh, that is 7mm Mag brass not .300 Win mag........maybe 20 or 30 pcs. May be Lord knows what out there in my garage.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,708 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    tennmike said:
    BAMAAK said:
    tennmike said:
    I'm not up for a 4 hour drive just to find out that the rifle I drove down there for is sold out when I get there.
    I could put one on layaway for you.  I think it 25% down.  You could pick it up at your leisure.

Or would that be a straw layaway?
    That would fall into a REALLY gray area. We'd both be in some deep stuff over that if someone at that alphabet soup agency wanted to push it.
    I wouldn't think so. Unless things are done differently there than here the 4473 is not filled out until actual purchase, not when the layaway payment is made.probably be worthy of inquiry anyway.

Sako 
    The form 4473 is a federal law. It doesn't make a flip what state your in, I would think it should be legally done the same in every state. I would think you wouldn't want to fill out the paper work before the gun is fully paid for. If the buyer can't finish paying for it it would create a paper work mess if the buyer couldn't come through.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 said:
    The form 4473 is a federal law. It doesn't make a flip what state your in, I would think it should be legally done the same in every state. I would think you wouldn't want to fill out the paper work before the gun is fully paid for. If the buyer can't finish paying for it it would create a paper work mess if the buyer couldn't come through.
    Snake, I've had prior dealings with the ATF when I had an 01 FFL back in the early 1990's. As in the time frame of Ruby Ridge, Waco, the Clinton AWB, and the OKC bombing. YOU are free to trust them if you wish, but I will keep them at a safe distance, and not give them ANY reason to notice me.

Anyway, I went down to Huntsville and picked up the rifle yesterday. Too much wind and rain to shoot it today. Monday is looking good, though.

For any newbies to the SE shoot: Bring a folding chair! I didn't last year, so I was either borrowing, sitting on the ground, or standing around doing hip slides to keep my back halfway loose as I don't stand in once place very well. I can walk all day, but to stand more than about 5 minutes causes me mild pain - and I've been that way since I was a little tyke...

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    I'll be bringing all 5 (or is it 6+) tiny .22 pistols. They'll fit in one case with room to spare. We can have a mini .22 shootout and see who can hit what with each!

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,708 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    For any newbies to the SE shoot: Bring a folding chair! I didn't last year, so I was either borrowing, sitting on the ground, or standing around doing hip slides to keep my back halfway loose as I don't stand in once place very well. I can walk all day, but to stand more than about 5 minutes causes me mild pain - and I've been that way since I was a little tyke...
    Put me down on your side of the aisle. As long as I'm moving with purpose I can be upright all day as long as what i'm doing requires movement. But just to stand there like a crane looking for fish? No way Jose! About 10 minutes and I'm looking for a place to park.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    tennmike said:
    I'll be bringing all 5 (or is it 6+) tiny .22 pistols. They'll fit in one case with room to spare. We can have a mini .22 shootout and see who can hit what with each!
    We can reenact the battle of the bulge in miniature with all the tiny ordinance that's coming this year!

And again after we indulge in all the good eats..............................
    Might be a good year to bring a few hundred balloons and my little hand powered air pump. A little water to hold them down to the ground and about 6" diameter inflation would make for some fun reactive targets.

13»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file