NAA revolver put holes in my britches

2»

Comments

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,184 Senior Member
    Pair of shorts too.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,548 Senior Member
    So,
    1. Single shot used to be .32 cap 'n' ball that is now a .22 LR
    2. .22 WMR over/under derringer
    3. NAA mini revolver
    4. NAA longer barreled mini revolver
    5. Taurus PT-22 semiauto (the ONLY Taurus I like)
    6. Ruger Bearcat

Big Chief, I can't find the original grips for my NAA mini revolver. If ya want, I can trace the grips on yours, and make you a bigger pair of grip panels to give you more 'meat' to hang onto than that one finger grip you have now. My mini has 'Goodyear' grip on it; if you try it and like it, those grips are still available and make it easier to shoot.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

Thanks.

Haven't decided yet what it will end up with or stay as is. Will shoot it more.

Dang, I never knew about some of these exotic styles of grips out there on some of these. There is a whole cult-like following out there for these little buggers!

http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=5095f49a1cae807bae60fb0cea021f56&topic=14840.0

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Yeah, BC, those little peashooters DO have a bigger following than one would imagine! :) They are FUN little pistols to shoot, and now that .22 LR and .22 WMR prices have come down a good deal, they are pretty cheap to shoot, too. Lots of different grip styles to choose from now so you aren't stuck with the tiny factory ones. I really DO like the 'Goodyear' grips on mine; they give a lot more to hold on to and make shooting those tiny little fellers a lot easier. You're welcome to shoot mine at the Shoot all you want, and I'll supply the ammo! :smiley:
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

I would like to see how those grips you got fit my hand and feel to shoot. I would like to bust off a cylinderful from yours.

I'll have .22 Mag ammo too.
    I read NAA says do not use PMC ammo in their .22 Magnums. I dunno if that applies to .22 LR as well. 

From NAA website

https://northamericanarms.com/safety/

May, 2004 – PRODUCT PERFORMANCE ADVISORY BULLETIN (PMC AMMO)

This Product Performance Advisory Bulletin is issued for the benefit of NAA’s customers, owners and users of its .22 caliber revolvers. NAA has recently learned that the use of PMC .22 caliber ammunition (Magnum and LR) may affect the performance of its revolvers. Specifically, NAA has become aware of a phenomenon where an inadvertent, double-discharge (two rounds simultaneously discharging, one aligned with the barrel and the other out of battery) may occur when PMC Brand ammunition is used in NAA .22 caliber revolvers. These double discharge occurrences have been investigated by NAA and, based on the results of our investigation to date, it appears that the inadvertent, double-discharge has only occurred with PMC Brand .22 caliber ammunition*, both in magnum and long rifle. However, NAA has not learned of any confirmed double-discharge occurrences involving any other brand of manufacturer’s ammunition.

At this time, NAA recommends that its customers, owners and users of NAA .22 revolvers DO NOT USE ANY PMC .22 CALIBER ammunition (Magnum and/or LR) in any model of NAA revolvers. As with all of its firearms, NAA encourages its customers to exercise the utmost caution and care when using its products, including always wearing appropriate eye and ear protection and following all of the Basic Rules of Firearms Safety.

NAA takes tremendous pride in its finely crafted products. Its products have been certified by independent testing laboratories to meet or exceed every published firearms standard for safety, performance and reliability. All of NAA’s products are warranted for a lifetime and its customer service and technical teams are ranked among the best in the industry, serving its more than 500,000 customers over the past thirty years.     NAA appreciates that, among other things, its products are purchased and used as back-up weapons for law enforcement and for personal protection. As such, NAA recognizes that its customers should be supplied with any information that may affect the safety, performance and reliability of its products.

If you have any questions concerning this Product Performance Advisory Bulletin, please contact us at (800) 821-5783 or write us at North American Arms, 2150 South 950 East, Provo, Utah 84606-6285, Attention General Manager.

*This advisory is being extended to additional brands of ammunition which may be made under subcontract to PMC.  These include certain models of ARMSCOR & FIOCCHI products.  If the box identifies the contents as “Made in the Phillipines”, we recommend against using the product in NAA mini-revolvers.

I have some PMC .22 WMR ammo, but I only shoot it in my Marlin 883 .22 WMR rifles(one blue, one stainless). I don't shoot it in any of my pistols. Seems to be a little more 'energetic' than the Rem., Win., and other U.S. brands of .22 WMR ammo.

Hey, I got a blued mdl 883............really like that Marlin bolt .22 Mag.
    My 883 has accounted for LOTS of groundhogs and crows over the years. And a few overly curious coyotes while I'm mowing down the back hayfield that is overgrown most of the time. Those yotes know that at some point the rabbits, rats, and other critters are in a small space and will bust out and break for cover. They don't seem to notice that the tractor stopping is a bad thing until I give them a 40 grain .22 Mag. lobotomy, and then it's too late!

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file