SE Shoot 2018

Comments

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,652 Senior Member
    I'm using sabots and .44 bullets I cast. I'm using pure lead for hunting, I'll use the hardcast powder coated for practice. No need for the powder coating, other than they were rejects (missing coating in places) I cant use in centerfire. And th are pretty. 
    Sabots are the way to go with that pistol, IMHO. I'm using Hornaday sabots, there's another brand I can't recall  I want to try that are supposed to be easier  to load.  The .50 caliber bullets I cast are excellent at 25, damn good at 50, and go to crap at 100.  Not accetable for a hunting gun. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,347 Senior Member
    Ah! Then they'll be PLENTY good enough for my target shooting use. Hell, maybe I'll try the 100 yard gong with it, there's a vague chance I might hit it eventually!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,594 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Ah! Then they'll be PLENTY good enough for my target shooting use. Hell, maybe I'll try the 100 yard gong with it, there's a vague chance I might hit it eventually!

I thought the gong was 193 yds-------in any case more that 100
    My new Signature
    edited April 11 #245
    Whatever it is, I'll send some lead in its general direction. Maybe I'll get lucky!

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,608 Senior Member
    300 yard 3 shots. Would love to but I got nowhere to practice that far. Maybe I will find a place to, two, too. That's .270 range. What's the .22 micro challenge?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,557 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Whoa! I just dismissed the one about the autocensor as a test. GONE. Into thin air. 
    Chris I just tried it too, it didn't "go away" It just dropped to where it would be as a "normal" thread based on the last post.
    I have no idea how to get it back, but it's right here
    http://forums.gunsandammo.com/discussion/21191/auto-censor-update

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 4,954 Senior Member
    300 yard 3 shots. Would love to but I got nowhere to practice that far. Maybe I will find a place to, two, too. 
    You can practice shooting a small group at any range. The size of the group is all that matters, not how close you are to the bullseye.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Is there any interest in the "Coke can challenge"? I brought the target last year and we never got around to it.
    300 yard 3 shots. Would love to but I got nowhere to practice that far. Maybe I will find a place to, two, too. 

You can practice shooting small groups at any range. How close you are to the dot doesn't matter, it's the size of the group that matters. Any gun, any caliber, any scope, smallest three shot group wins.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,304 Senior Member
    Is there any interest in the "Coke can challenge"? I brought the target last year and we never got around to it.

I'm in
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Maybe
    My new Signature
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,468 Senior Member
    WARNING AND NOTICE TO ANYONE DRIVING INTO TN FROM OUT OF STATE!!!!!!
    The  Tennessee Highway Patrol is using Black small crossover SUVs and Black Dodge full size trucks as unmarked vehicles to nail speeders. If you see either while on the road, or one sitting on the side of the road, SLOW DOWN! If you're speeding then they will be all over you like white on rice! They can be easily recognized by the additional radio antennas on the roof of the vehicles.

This concludes your 'Keep Your Money in Your Pocket' PSA from the sneaky little ridge runner from East TN.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

I'll keep an eye out, but as I pretty much follow the speed limit anyway, I'm not too concerned.

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,451 Senior Member
    Passed this last week. Took a pic in case Wambli needs a reminder where it is.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,451 Senior Member

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    They let 5 over??????????
    My new Signature
    NN said:

Who doesn't?
    USPS delivered two new 'shootin' irons' in the mailbox while I was gone. It's cool, though, since they don't use powder 'n' ball or fixed ammo; they don't use powder at all, or compressed gas, either. I'll take pics tomorrow and post them here in the SE SHOOT sticky thread, unless I get motivated and take pictures in a few minutes. Gonna have to keep them under strict supervision at the Shoot, though. CPJ will be the first one to get in trouble with them if he ain't supervised real close! :D
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

Took pictures. :)
    Mini crossbows that shoot toothpicks!

The one on the left has to be loaded for each shot. The bigger one on the right has a 4 shot 'high capacity' magazine; probably prohibited in CA, NJ, NY and IL.

Awwwwww! You can bring 'em to the mini gun shoot off at the shoot!

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,684 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    **** Noel, you inspired me and I'm not even married yet.
    LOL....well if you try my strategy, I hope it works for you. It helps if I buy her a gift from out of town too.
    Oh definitely, all gifts I bring her i buy in a duty free shop on the way over.
    shush said:
    WHO is on first
    WHAT is on second
    IDUNNO is on third

Rounders, correct?

I am really getting to grips with this 'Merican stuff.

Here in 'Murica we say that like, "Comin' ta grips" or like "Git a grip on it Dude!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    NN said:

Who doesn't?

MP's at NAS Whidbey did not let 1 over coming down a hill.
    My new Signature
    Knitepoet: Ya bringing your drone this year? Some aerial footage of the firing line "hot" might be pretty cool!

zorba said:
    Knitepoet: Ya bringing your drone this year? Some aerial footage of the firing line "hot" might be pretty cool!

Thinking about it, haven't decided yet
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,074 Senior Member

Hey, you could use it to check for hits on a target once the range goes cold.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    edited April 19 #267
    Big Chief said:

Hey, you could use it to check for hits on a target even when the range is hot.
    FIFY.

edited April 19 #268
    Oh, and I'm bringing that 100 amp generator xfer switch and I'm not going home with it, even if it goes into the dumpster at the notel! Grab it if ya want it - even if its just for the pair of 100 amp contactors.

I was making something in the shop this afternoon, and accidentally got a head start on my muzzleloading .22 rifle project.  Round brass receiver is gonna look sexy!

tennmike said:
    I was making something in the shop this afternoon, and accidentally got a head start on my muzzleloading .22 rifle project.  Round brass receiver is gonna look sexy!
    MMMMMM  I smell "secret squirrel" :D

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,652 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    This is gonna be a good year for secret squirrel things. Soon as I eat, I'm back to the garage to work on mine. Should be able to complete it. Or if not complete, I WILL have it working. It may be hose  clamped to a 2x4, but it will be there. 😆
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file