R. Lee Ermey

2»

Comments

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,002 Senior Member
    May he rest in peace.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,217 Senior Member
    He just had to clean up and calm down what he did as a DI for the scene in FMJ. Met him at a highpower match and he was pretty much what you see. He was shooting with Tubb in the next position.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,067 Senior Member
    edited April 16 #34
    bisley said:

Do you think he asked St Peter to show him his "war face"?

I had read somewhere that he completely ad lib'd that that entire scene in FMJ.

Yep. I saw an interview where he discussed it. After discussing it with him, the director just ran the camera and let him go as long as he wanted.

RIP, Gunny. You made your contribution.
    The ad lib shouldn't have been hard for him, having served as an actual Marine drill instructor.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Lee_Ermey

R. Lee Ermey's (E-7) "Gunny" promotion on May 17, 2002 by the Commandant of the Marine Corps, General James L. Jones.

RIP Gunny
    o:)

"Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,496 Senior Member
    RIP Gunny. o:) You were the real deal. Fair winds and following seas. And I hear that Marines guard the gates of Heaven, so you can make 'em look proper and stand tall when you get there.

A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 417 Member
    R.I.P. Gunny. One of my fellow Marines while I was in the Corps. We never met but my SDI looked a lot like him.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,621 Senior Member
    RIP Gunny
    My new Signature
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,067 Senior Member
    The clubhouse is starting to look like an obituary column and it ain't funny. :'(
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file