RIP Harry Anderson

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 16,599 Senior Member
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Comments

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,766 Senior Member
    I really liked him too. That sucks!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,335 Senior Member
    Thanks for the laughs. RIP
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,677 Senior Member
    Lots of celebrities checking out, lately.

Meanwhile, Kirk Douglas still seems to be clicking along pretty well, at 102.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,475 Senior Member
    Loved Night Court. Rip Judge Harry
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,184 Senior Member
    May he RIP.

They say bad news come in threes............so recently the Gunny, the writer and now the actor.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,095 Senior Member
    He was great in Cheers too.  RIP Harry.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,979 Senior Member
    its been a bad couple of days for celebrities that I liked.  Started off with Art Bell, and just went downhill from there.

RIP Harry.  Thanks for the laughs.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,005 Senior Member
    He was great in Cheers too.  RIP Harry.

I don't remember him on Cheers?  Didn't he also do a sitcom based on Dave Barry?  Regardless, he was a funny guy and will be missed.  May he rest in peace.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,337 Senior Member
    He was Harry the Hat on Cheers.  A magician and a small-time grifter who would come in occasionally to play magic tricks to con Sam out of a free drink or a couple of bucks.  He wasn't a regular, but everyone at the bar knew him from his small-time scams.

Harry was a magician in real life.  Always wore a fedora and a suit with suspenders.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,548 Senior Member
    Night Court was a funny show I enjoyed watching. RIP Harry.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,979 Senior Member
    Gene L said:

Harry was a magician in real life.  Always wore a fedora and a suit with suspenders.
    Buddy of mine from school got to meet and hang out with Harry Anderson when he was doing some performance work on a Disney cruise line.  Said he was as nice and as goofy as the roles he played. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,095 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    He was Harry the Hat on Cheers.  A magician and a small-time grifter who would come in occasionally to play magic tricks to con Sam out of a free drink or a couple of bucks.  He wasn't a regular, but everyone at the bar knew him from his small-time scams.

He was really good in the Cheers episodes he was in and I believe it was the platform that launched him into Night Court.  I have seen some of his solo performances doing magic shows and he was a very talented magician too.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,599 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska said:He was really good in the Cheers episodes he was in and I believe it was the platform that launched him into Night Court.  I have seen some of his solo performances doing magic shows and he was a very talented magician too.
    From what I saw last night, you are correct that Harry the hat lead to Night Court.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,373 Senior Member
    My kids have no clue what "Night Court" is, I need to fix that.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,709 Senior Member
    Mmmmm. Markie Post 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,068 Senior Member
    This has been a disturbing year. RIP Harry. o:)
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,708 Senior Member
    Man! Sure was young to be dying like that. I loved him in Night Court.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file