The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,765 Senior Member
    Now there are no new post. Guess I've read every thing there is to read in all the forums. :(
    Oops, my bad. Was logged out again. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,689 Senior Member
    Still in the running for that Garand. Still expect to get kicked out at any time...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Some clown from the Tenn. Wildlife Resources Agency stopped today and asked if I'd seen any black bears around here. I told him no, but if I did it had better be the North end of a Southbound bear, otherwise it might get in trouble because if it decided to brace me, I'd shoot it. He said I'd get in trouble if I did that, and I told him that if I DID do that, he'd never know about it.  :D  Possum Policeman was not amused.

The young boar bears are getting shoved out by the established old bears. Getting quite a few in the area here, especially over by the lake where the restaurants are, and the garbage cans at the lake homes are easy pickings.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Shoot, shovel, & Shut-up!

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Squawk BoxSquawk Box New Member Posts: 48 Member

I can see that brick of ammo, it is a s good as mine. {I can see a picture of a brick at least.}
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,101 Senior Member
    Timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, and and air filter ordered from the local parts guys. Should be here tomorrow. Need an oil change, but it may be cheaper to go to Walmart. I know it's easier. However since I'll have the front half of the motor off, why am I being a p uss and not wanting to change oil? Anyway...
    Have I mentioned I'm dreading this? 
    Plan on doing spark plugs and tear down Sunday night, much as I can actually. Then finish Monday. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    I *think* I've got the grandfather's clock running, it had quite just before the move so I didn't bother with it then. Darn escapement was outta adjustment.

And...

I'm *still* in the running for that Garand...

zorba said:
    Shoot, shovel, & Shut-up!
    No, no, no! Skin, quarter, flesh out meat, bag up the rest and 'baptize' it in the lake! :D

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 349 Member
    Well now hell. I WAS gonna relocate the trigger in front of the magwell via a connecting rod of sorts, but now I’m reconsidering the Mac11 look and thinking of the Tec9 look. It’ll be much easier to house this mess in the “body” that I have thought up and just add a grip behind the trigger. Decisions, decisions.
    tennmike said:
    Some clown from the Tenn. Wildlife Resources Agency stopped today and asked if I'd seen any black bears around here. 

So there may be bears around the campfire at the shoot this year. :)
    tennmike said:
    Some clown from the Tenn. Wildlife Resources Agency stopped today and asked if I'd seen any black bears around here. 

Bare asses, maybe 
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    taking a little side trip before the shoot
    Take plenty of pics to share with us.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    edited May 4 #29626
    AANNNNNND - I'm out. As in outbid on that Garand. I'm just surprised it took this long. So back to plan A, a stop in Anniston at the CMP store on my way up to the shoot.

I'm going to monitor, it'll be interesting to see what the hammer price is.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,475 Senior Member
    There will be another come along Zorba.
    Seems like they usually do when you least expect it to.

Not worried about it. This was a "Plan B" because I saw it, it was a great gun, and the price was (still) right. "Plan A" all along is to stop at the CMP store on my way to the SE Shoot.

Got all the parts for the truck repair. That's a Monday project. Till then its
    partial fun in the shop time. Done some cleaning, electrical improvements, etc. soon to be back on the secret squirrel project. 
    Zee
    tennmike said:

Them bears around here would have to haul their furry butts out of here now to make that trip! So far, the bears haven't gone across the TN river. There's only two bridges across the river between Chattanooga and Watts Bar, and one is across Watts Bar Dam. They could swim it if they wanted to, but there's still lots of easy pickings on this side of the river. The bear population will have to increase a LOT before they are forced across the river.

Same with the feral hogs coming out of the Cherokee National Forest. They are moving West slowly, and are already along the river, and since they are declassified as big game outside the WMAs a lot of folks are 'eatin' high off the hog' as they can be shot wherever they are found on private property.

Speaking of traveling bears:

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    AANNNNNND - I'm out. As in outbid on that Garand. I'm just surprised it took this long. So back to plan A, a stop in Anniston at the CMP store on my way up to the shoot.

You'd have just gotten an M-1 thumb anyway.
    I have a need for speed
    NN said:
    zorba said:

Which means he would have chipped his nail polish. 
    Zee
    NN said:
    zorba said:

I got a "Broomhandle thumb" a while back in a similar manner!

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    NN said:
    zorba said:

I got a "Broomhandle thumb" a while back in a similar manner!

I even managed to get a M-14 thumb by forgetting under stress and operated it like a M-1 with the Gunny
    watching and staring in disbelief .

All he said was I see you have drilled with an M-1.
    I have a need for speed
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,829 Senior Member
    Still trying to decide what I'm taking to Jerry's in a few weeks
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

cpj said:

Finally some shop time. Working on the chassis. (Circled in pink) Used scrap material, hence the holes and the big chunk that's missing. Just trying to get a process down. Kinda sucks, cause I may have been able to pull it off on the first try. Oh well 
    You forgot something on that watermark.
    Set up camp at Reelfoot lake. Yes it's raining so I'm stuck inside the camper typing this post.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 349 Member
    cpj said:

Finally some shop time. Working on the chassis. (Circled in pink) Used scrap material, hence the holes and the big chunk that's missing. Just trying to get a process down. Kinda sucks, cause I may have been able to pull it off on the first try. Oh well 
    No bullets depicted from where the barrel will be?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,829 Senior Member
    terminator012 said: You forgot something on that watermark.
    You ARE talking about CPJ...
    I suspect it looks EXACTLY as he wanted
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file