NRA Meeting Discussion

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior MemberPosts: 970 Senior Member
edited May 4 in General Firearms #1
Best: SIG is going to make a fortune selling thier new 10 round compact 9mm pistol.  Thinner than my G26 with the same capacity = winning.

1)  Taurus had a Judge Magnum with a 6.5 inch barrel that was every bit as ridiculous as it sounds.

2) I handled the “ugly” .357 Composite Taurus that was the focus of another thread.  I was as ugly as sin. Plus, they brought a pistol with a sticky cylinder release to a sales convention? 

3) Hickok45 and 22Plinkster were really nice.  Great brand ambassadors for thier sponsors.

4) I found a 9mm belt fed suppressed SBR in the Silencer Shop booth that was simply insane.  (Sorry - no picture).  I think it was made by Freedom Ordinance but I could be wrong.

5) Winchester has some nice Burnt Orange t shirts for sale. #hookem

6) If you are going, take the train.  The station is literally under the convention center.

7)  If you go to gun shows to buy beef jerky, you will be disappointed by the options. 

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,814 Senior Member
    Sounds like you had a good time
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Bad idea: the NRA Store was selling Cup Holster holsters.  #****
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,464 Senior Member
    Sounds like a good one
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,403 Senior Member
    Always wanted to attend an NRA show and just never managed it so far.  Sounds like fun and thanks for the report.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 308 Member
    edited May 6 #6

"Cup Holster"?

I went to NRA 09 in Phoenix, was great. Went to SHOT 2015, which was IMMENSE, but the NRA convention just "felt" better, friendlier.

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member

"Cup Holster"?

I went to NRA 09 in Phoenix, was great. Went to SHOT 2015, which was IMMENSE, but the NRA convention just "felt" better, friendlier.

Yep. It was a cheap looking plastic holster that slipped into the cup holder of your car.  It didn’t secure the gun or keep it hidden.

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,209 Senior Member
    Sounds like fun, on my bucket list!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,698 Senior Member
    edited May 7 #9
    Talked to a friend in TX this morn and he went to the NRA show. Said too many of the vendors were AR/ related.

I think Wambli is right, that field is over saturated and they are all trying to carve out a niche for their products in a crowded marketplace.  
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,071 Senior Member
    co-worker went and he went to the MagPull booth and asked about the American Hunter stock for the Ruger American.  The person there said that there were lots of problems in testing and it's not expected to be out soon
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,072 Senior Member
    co-worker went and he went to the MagPull booth and asked about the American Hunter stock for the Ruger American.  The person there said that there were lots of problems in testing and it's not expected to be out soon
    I can't believe it's rocket science.  
    One one hand though, I'm kinda glad. I
    may end up spending some cash on an American if they ever get a stock done 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,071 Senior Member
    yeah, I'm kind of waiting on that stock to 'finish' my build.  It's the cheapest way to get AICS mags on the American
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file