Too many Mutts allowed in stores

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 30,712 Senior Member
Don't know if any of you have noticed, but seems last couple years way too many pets have been allowed in stores/shops/restaurants/wherever. Seems every time I go I see more and more.

Used to be a seeing eye dog was allowed and that's about it. Now I see all kinds of pets for "Emotional Support". Nowadays I understand the need for VETS and others who are truly diagnosed with PTSD are OK with me.

I for one don't wanna see so many mutts in stores and the reason they weren't allowed and were under strict control was health/sanitary concerns. Plus some stink and shed.

I think it has been abused like prescription drugs and anyone can just about get a letter from a quack doctor saying they 'Need' their pets with them at all times.

I'm sure they love their mutts to no end, but leave the darn creatures home if you really don't need them.

Cashier at Walmart said on guy had a pet lizard on his shoulder and a leter permit fer it...............Come On Man.............................. 

I say you wanna take them to a place they are appreciated go to a pet store like Petco.     
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    Popcorn animated emoticon
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    I like it!

Big Thumbs Up animated emoticon
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,040 Senior Member

BC, maybe you just need to quit stinking and shedding so much.  B)

I do agree, though, that the support pet thing is out of control.  I have yet to see a support dog misbehave, so that's good.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    I do shower before going out..........don't lick my balls though
    Roll Over animated emoticon
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    What about my emotional support pig, Bacon-to-Go?

"Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,689 Senior Member
    I don't get it either - saw an elderly lady with the ubiquitous poodle in her cart in Mall*Wart the other day. Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    edited May 11 #10
    Maybe the mutts would like to sniff, lick and taste those do-it-yourself deli stands where you lift the lid and scoop up portions into a container to purchase that some grocery stores have......................or produce, donuts, candy or whatever.

In all fairness, that may be more sterile than some humans I've seen................Sick Penguin animated emoticon
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,050 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    You would if you could.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,101 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    You would if you could.
    Hell yeah. Why do you think dogs do?
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,689 Senior Member
    Thanx for sharing...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,101 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

In all fairness, that may be more sterile than some humans I've seen................Sick Penguin animated emoticon
    I'd MUCH rather be in a store full of dogs than most people. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 675 Senior Member
    Even Charles Schulz knew that there's lots of places where there should be....

No Dogs allowed!

just sayin'.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,013 Senior Member
    GET OFF MY LAWN!
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,424 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Big Chief said:
    You would if you could.
    Hell yeah. Why do you think dogs do?
    As George Carlin said on that subject, “If I could do that I’d never leave the house!”
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    I wish they'd put up " No Midgets Allowed " signs.
    Then Clean couldn't spend so much time and money shopping!
    I have a need for speed
    NN said:
    I wish they'd put up " No Midgets Allowed " signs.
    Then Clean couldn't spend so much time and money shopping!
    Better look out Ned, she might put a knot side yer haid. Chair to the Head animated emoticon
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,188 Senior Member

Be cool Big Chief, at least they is mammals;

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

Now that was cool beans!
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,491 Senior Member
    I'm fine with dogs anywhere and everywhere. 
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,188 Senior Member
    horselips said:
    Really?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 972 Senior Member
    1) they don’t need an actual note.  They simply by a vest online with the knowledge that no store (or store employee) wants to end up on YouTube having been “rude” to someone who really did need one.  Thus, nobody is ever questioned.

2) I am probably going to have get a legitimate one in the next 1-2 years for my son.  Legitimate ones are big, smart breeds like Labs. They cost a fortune to train.

Illegitimate ones are little **** Zhu’s in the possession of Yoga Pants Lady in Whole Foods.  
    horselips said:
    I ain't and I see plenty in Walmart, both 2 and 4 legged.
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    unfortunately its the world we live in now.

give someone an inch and they will take a mile.

we have the same problem and even on our local buses.  All the driver can ask is "is that a service animal" and if the person lies nothing can be done.  

Ive see people in stores with their dogs and where their dogs will take a leak on a corner shelf.  Same with dogs in restaurants and such.  

Same with the person that took their dog and a flight and it bit the person in the next seat.  ITs unfortunate it happen, but something like that will need to happen for the laws to change.

We have handicapped parking all over the city and those disabled passes are giving away like candy.  Got a sore foot, and you can get your doctor to get you one.   

seattle has done away with them now and if you are handicapped and you are driving, you can get out of your car and feed the meter just like someone else.

I wish PDX would do that.

its the people that feel they are "entitled" to things that ruin it for those that truly need it.  

The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

There is no ball licking allowed in this room boys lol. We have a guy who brings his dog into school to show the children, and I am ok with it. Some dogs are a bit smelly, but guys are as well, so gotta deal I suppose lol. 
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,128 Senior Member

Illegitimate ones are little **** Zhu’s in the possession of Yoga Pants Lady in Whole Foods.  
    Do you have any visual aides? ;)
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    As long as the dogs leave me alone, I'm fine. I dread the day one of those little 'ankle biter' mutts latch onto my ankle when I'm out and about in a store, though. About all l can say about that is that the dog will achieve low earth orbit, or go through the suspended ceiling tiles, whichever comes first. Love dogs, but won't tolerate an ankle biter gnawing on my shanks.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,491 Senior Member
    shush said:
    horselips said:
    Really?

Yeah.
    edited May 13 #31
    Ha, they had a thing on the Gutfeld show last night about this. Some states are tightening their laws to stop some of the abuse many take with 'Emotional Support Companions'.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file