Tremors and Graboids

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 6,040 Senior Member

I have to admit that I like the Tremors movies.  They're just plain, silly fun to watch.  I watched the first 2 of the series years ago, and watched the last of the series, "A Cold Day in Hell" last night.  My wife is out of town, and would not enjoy them, so I took the opportunity to watch them.

Maybe I'm reverting to my grade school or jr. high days, but I like the silly things.

Anyone else?

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    Kevin Bacon used to be so cute. Too bad he got so old lol. I liked those movies as well!
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    Dang it!

I thought I had the whole collection on DVD. Now I have to order this one toooooo!

I love Tremors. The Best'es silly movies around. I always watch the first one when I need a little pick me up.

Burt Gummer.......................Best movie character! :D
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    I watched that the other night...........that Micheal (?) Gross feller is gettin up in the years too.

Weaponized Tremors!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    edited May 12 #5
    SIGgal said:
    Kevin Bacon used to be so cute. Too bad he got so old lol. I liked those movies as well!
    You will get there yourself young lady..............one day you will look in the mirror and wonder who the heck is that old person.......
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,099 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    SIGgal said:
    You will get there yourself young lady..............one day you will look in the mirror and wonder who the heck is that old person.......
    Yep. Stretch marks, fat, very gross veins. It's coming. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    Most memorable lines to me ...

Earl ... What kind of fuse is that? 

Burt ... Cannon fuse 

Earl ... What the hell do you use it for? 

Burt ... My cannon!

“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 947 Senior Member
    Add me to the list, those were some good ole movies. Corny as all heck but fun to watch.

Denny

Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,391 Senior Member
    I liked the first two of the series, but most after that were kind of dumb.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
    Big Chief said:
    SIGgal said:

Yep, I will be old too someday but I have a lot of things to do first. I look forward to it actually, just not exactly in a rush to get there lol. 
    cpj said:
    Big Chief said:
    SIGgal said:

Keep dreaming sweetie lol. I'm going to be a hot old lady and so not going to be a fatty. 
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,099 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    cpj said:
    Big Chief said:
    SIGgal said:

Keep dreaming sweetie lol. I'm going to be a hot old lady and so not going to be a fatty. 
    You may not get fat, but stretch marks and vericose veins will get you.  
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    cpj said:
    SIGgal said:
    cpj said:
    Big Chief said:
    SIGgal said:

You may not get fat, but stretch marks and vericose veins will get you.  

Oh no way! I refuse to get any of those, its in my contract :)
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR said:
    Most memorable lines to me ...

Earl ... What kind of fuse is that? 

Burt ... Cannon fuse 

Earl ... What the hell do you use it for? 

Burt ... My cannon!

Broke into the wrong gol dang rec room, didn't you?

"Magazine!"
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,040 Senior Member
    I liked the first two of the series, but most after that were kind of dumb.

They're all kind of dumb.  That's what makes them so much fun to watch.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    They had the good sense to poke fun at themselves. It's what makes them fun to watch!

But I would've pushed Melvin into a graboid by the third movie......... >:)
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,504 Senior Member
    I liked all the movies. Just campy enough to take the edge off. 
    Even the TV series had a couple of.....uh......good "points".

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    Good school. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file