Quite the 2A spot for a gubernatorial candidate

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 16,812 Senior Member
She's the current Gov here in AL

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,584 Senior Member
    That should make liberals heads implode!!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,812 Senior Member
    Hopefully
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,045 Senior Member
    They've been playing a lot of her commercials down here and they played that one a couple of minutes ago.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 656 Senior Member
    There's one here in Colorado advertising their militant stance against the NRA.

Was a time when I'd wager that's a bad gamble in a western state. It sucks that time is long gone.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,976 Senior Member

I like the one where she says "Don't feed me a mountain oyster and call it seafood!"

We get the local Huntsville TV channels up here in deep south Tennessee.  Alabama political ads are more entertaining than most of the comedy shows on all the networks combined.  They sort of resemble a mud wrestling match!

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Yep, they can get plumb comical at times.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,388 Senior Member
    Yeah, and our loser governor that wants to be Senator caves on gun control..... :/
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Don't know anything about her, but if she's a solid supporter of the 2nd Amendment then she's probably pretty Conservative. That's always a good thing, being a 2nd Amendment supporter.

Regarding Alabama political ads, they and Georgia still have the good ol' rough and tumble political ads. The ones from the 1950s and 1960s were real knock down drag out political mudslinging fights, and Tennessee, too, to a lesser extent. Entertaining stuff, though!
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 844 Senior Member
    Yeah, and our loser governor that wants to be Senator caves on gun control..... :/
    Yep, governor conehead the turncoat
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member

avmech said:
    Being the political cynic that I am,I bet I know why the FL Gov running for Senator did that. He is solidifying his position with the base of the BIG cities to get the votes from the Democrats.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,294 Senior Member
    There's one here in Colorado advertising their militant stance against the NRA.

Was a time when I'd wager that's a bad gamble in a western state. It sucks that time is long gone.

Commiefornia South=California. Commiefornia Central=Oregon. Commiefornia North=Washington. Commiefornia West=Hawaii. Commiefornia East=Colorado.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,766 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

avmech said:
    Being the political cynic that I am,I bet I know why the FL Gov running for Senator did that. He is solidifying his position with the base of the BIG cities to get the votes from the Democrats.
    Yep, Trump kinda screwed him on that one. Scott jumped on his bandwagon when Trump said it in the televised conference with Congressional committee leaders in the Whitehouse, and a couple other places. Trump quit talking about it when he started getting negative feedback, but Scott was already falling all over himself to be decisive after the school shooting, and let himself get locked in on something that was much more unpopular than he originally thought it would be. All of the media hype about the snowflake rally in DC rattled him a little, too, I think.
    tennmike said:

avmech said:
    You're exactly right, and that's what I thought as well. The real problem is how many Republicans will he lose statewide because of it? He lost my vote. I will vote, but I just won't "X" the box for Senator. We have Rubio and Nelson, and Nelson is who Scott is running against. If Scott loses we're no worse off then we are already.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,463 Senior Member
    Nelson calls himself a lifelong hunter, shooter and sportsman. I have the email response from him. He sees no reason to own automatic rifles or anything with high capacity magazines
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Nelson calls himself a lifelong hunter, shooter and sportsman. I have the email response from him. He sees no reason to own automatic rifles or anything with high capacity magazines
    Almost all democraps have this thinking, which is what makes that party dangerous to freedom. Just look at places like California and New York. The laws that they pass there would be nationwide and more restrictive, if given the chance.
    That is my point. Would love to see Nelson out of there and replaced by a better thinker
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    So would I, but Scott blew his chance in my opinion. He's got no backbone and caved to the opposition so fast my head spun. I wrote him two letters about the issue before he signed the bill telling him he would lose my support if that bill passed and was signed. He did it anyway, so screw it, I'm tired of voting for spineless republicans.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,008 Senior Member
    She won't even debate the other candidates.  Takes credit for bringing the new Toyota plant here when it was really tommy battle that worked that deal before she was even governor.   Unfortunately, she will probably win.  The south Alabama politics are still a good ol boy network which is why much of south Alabama is still dirt poor.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,691 Senior Member
    Scott sure did get weak kneed on the hoopla after the school shootin.........went too far without thinking it through. He should fire that sheriff for starters. Then cite all the shortcomings of that department and the school/school board there where they let that very disturbed kid fall through the cracks over and over again.   Had to get something done RIGHT NOW......another knee jerk emotional reaction. I guess we can be thankful he didn't go further.

However given the choice between him and Nelson.............he wins hands down.  Whatever Scott did is peanuts compared to Nelsons idys on gun control..............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,691 Senior Member
    The left/gun grabbers have succeeded in demonizing AR type rifles and the NRA who they ridiculously claim it is the NRAs fault that mass shooting happen.

I have never ever read one thing in any NRA publication that tells you to break any gun laws, even those in states with draconian restrictions like CA and NJ, cities like Chicago and NYC ...........they always try and point them out and tell you to be compliant with gun laws or else you can be arrested and convicted. 

That is an absurdity, a Big Lie and the more it is repeated the more folks buy into it. It sounds good and they can blame everything except those individuals who carry out the heinous acts and all the laws on the books that aren't enforced. Many of which would have stopped some of the murders.

But I'm preaching to the choir on here, I reckon. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    edited May 15 #22
    Who's to say Scott won't cave once he gets to the senate. I do not trust him anymore. We might as well have Nelson. If it weren't for his stupid move on this ant-gun bill, he would have my vote.
    Florida better be real careful for whom they vote for in the race for Governor.  There are a few that are die hard gun grabbers that will turn us into another New Jersey or something
    edited May 16 #24
    Ron De Santis is my choice. He's about as conservative and gun supporter as it gets.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    What about Adam Putnam? I believe he's running.  
    I'm not advocating for a candidate, just wondering. 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,008 Senior Member
    Now Kate Ivy is being accused of being in the closet by some outgoing **** state senator.  Ivy denies it of course.  A conservative opponent is on her case cause she allocated 800K of state money to some LGBTXYZ organization.  Entertaining to say the least.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK said:
    Now Kate Ivy is being accused of being in the closet by some outgoing **** state senator.  Ivy denies it of course.  A conservative opponent is on her case cause she allocated 800K of state money to some LGBTXYZ organization.  Entertaining to say the least.
    Yeah, and some basic research shows that the money in question came from the feds, and started under a previous administration, and the Gov has zero control over where it goes.

That "conservative opponent" is a supposed minister (If you're talking about the one I think you are) and he seems to be the biggest mud slinger in the race

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file