What guns y'all gonna bring toe the SE Shoot?

124»

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,691 Senior Member
    Sounds good.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,045 Senior Member

I'll still be bringing three other leverguns that shoot something that starts with .4. I'll have a Winchester 1895 in .405win, a Marlin 1894 in .45colt, and a Marlin 1895 in 45-70. I'll also bring a Vaquero and Blackhawk bisley in .45colt, a Colt competition govt model, and my MVP in 5.56.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Just finished reloading my last batch of .45 Colt ~13000-14000 psi which can be fired in any .45 Colt chambered gun in good condition/working order. 850-900 FPS 255 grain coated SWCs.

Next, some .45 ACP I reckon. In case I swap cylinders and will make them in spec to feed and fire in 1911s too.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Big Chief, iffn I get my donkey in gear this week then I might have something you can shoot a round or three of that .45ACP from, and it ain't no pistola, neither! :smiley:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Sounds good.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,463 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Big Chief, iffn I get my donkey in gear this week then I might have something you can shoot a round or three of that .45ACP from, and it ain't no pistola, neither! :smiley:
    Once again @tennmike has my attention
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    tennmike said:
    Once again @tennmike has my attention
    I already has a .45 ACP break action rifle. This one is 'different'. should have it finished by the weekend, and I'll post pics.

edited May 15 #99
    Heck, I bought a gauge for .45 ACP I drop them in to see if they are in spec....like the Wilson ones, but Midway's name on it. I have found them very useful in .223/5.56 and 9mm, even though I reloaded for years without them.

Been gathering ammo to bring and starting to get it sorted and in range bags in a logical easy to find way..............HA
    Got the mill at the shop running today. It pitched a fit the first few minutes, then settled down. I should have my 'special project' finished by tomorrow afternoon. Got a LOT done on it since the mill is back in operation. Just detail work now and it should go quick since it's a rework of an old one I've had for around 25-30 years. Sight-in Thursday if it doesn't rain, and pics.

I found some of my reloads and had more than I thought in .45 ACP. I/we need to shoot them up. Some 230 cast, some Rainer Hex HP, some FMJs and some 230 coated FPs. 

I ran them all through a go-no go gauge and then weighed them on small  Lyman digital scale. I find a medium weight and any that vary above or below get put aside...........IOW most all of the 230 FMJ fall between 328-332 grains for a loaded cartridge and may vary by brass head stamp and who made the bullets and lead or plated or FMJ.

Different brass makers brass weighs different. And even by lot#, but most is fairly consistent. So then the ones that fall outta my parameters get set aside and I look at the brass head stamp, then sort those and weigh again and say I get 4 the same I'll keep them and say if one is way low or high I put that one aside and if more don't  close to the same weight, I put it in a can to be pulled.

Cast bullets can vary by the maker and there is even some variation in factory jacketed bullets. Plus the powder weights will be different between Unique/Titegroup/Bullseye. 

I know it sounds crazy, but  it works for me with older reloads the data has been lost, stickers fell off the boxes or the Sharpie writing has rubbed off the baggies.

I have seen wild variations of say 5-15 grains with Fed/PMC/PMP/Speer/Win/Geco/Starline/IMI and mil brass from each other in weight.

I also have some loaded 9mm if anybody wants it that must have the Glock Bulge in the brass that was fired in Glocks where the entire chamber wasn't supported 360...............probably work just fine, just a hair off from free falling into the 9mm chamber gauge all the way. 

Don't fret, I have factory .45 ACP and 9mm too........... I would never ever hand anyone any of my reloads that I think even have a remote possibility of being unsafe to fire in their guns or mine. 

One good thing about .45 ACP and 9mm with Unique powder and even Bullseye chances of a double charge are very remote because the powder would be spilling out the top of the case and you would notice.    
    Whew, been busy loading my Speed-D loaders with Mini-Mags for the Marlin 60 and AR mags. Got about 5 kinds of 5.56/.223 ammo and reloads and most of them I taped a label on the mag from the boxes.

If anybody has one of them bolt ARs or any AR they want to test for accuracy/whatever, I'll bring some SMKs 69 grain I have loaded up. They feed and shoot just fine in my Ruger MPR which I'm bringing. 

All that is left is keep sorting and checking my range bags, think I am more organized than last year...................?????

I have plenty of .44 Spl/Mag and .45 Colt loaded and packed. So for some thrills and chills come by wherever I end up being set up at and try my 629  3" bbl .44 Mag and Blackhawk with different power level loads and/or in your guns.   

I'm bringing the 6 1/2" 624 .44 Spl, the Durango Kids (Ned's) favorite.
    edited May 16 #103
    My list is pretty short.
    .50 BMG single shot
    Browning T-Bolt .22
    High Standard .22 rifle
    Funky .22 revolving rifle I built
    Ruger 9mm carbine
    Buckmark
    Ruger MK I
    My 'secret squirrel' project in .45ACP
    Maybe a few .22 pistols thrown in for good measure

Edit to add: Also have the fixins for tannerite and the containers for it. Sprayed the containers today; they're HOT PINK for all y'all blind folks to be able to see easily. Gotta go to the creek tomorrow and cut some cane poles to hold the containers off the ground.

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,067 Senior Member
    Well, I'm bringing my .243. 

Just shot it. I'm ummm, good with the results. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,773 Senior Member
    ummm is not a word unless your a girl from Ca.
    I have a need for speed
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,067 Senior Member
    Ummmm, you're old and stuff. Be quiet and go watch Gunsmoke. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,835 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    snake284 said:
    The form 4473 is a federal law. It doesn't make a flip what state your in, I would think it should be legally done the same in every state. I would think you wouldn't want to fill out the paper work before the gun is fully paid for. If the buyer can't finish paying for it it would create a paper work mess if the buyer couldn't come through.
    Snake, I've had prior dealings with the ATF when I had an 01 FFL back in the early 1990's. As in the time frame of Ruby Ridge, Waco, the Clinton AWB, and the OKC bombing. YOU are free to trust them if you wish, but I will keep them at a safe distance, and not give them ANY reason to notice me.

Anyway, I went down to Huntsville and picked up the rifle yesterday. Too much wind and rain to shoot it today. Monday is looking good, though.
    I'm in 100% agreement. That's precisely why I don't have an FFL now. I had an FFL from about 1982 until 1995. What I'm talking about here is I wouldn't do the paper work until time to pick up the gun. I'm pretty sure that's the law but not sure. But if you do the paper work when you laid down money for a layaway purchase if you couldn't come forth with the money at the end of the layaway term is over you would have paper work that might be already processed or seen by the BATFE that won't be complete. That might draw unwanted attention.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,835 Senior Member
    I'm going to Refugio this or next week and pick up my Mauser and my Model 12 Winchester. The Model 12 is finished but He didn't blue the 7x57 yet. But I told him I'll bring it back to blue after the SE shoot. I'm thinking to Krylon it or maybe Ospho Blue it. I'll ask what Dwight says will bethe easiest to clean up for a real hot blue. I've got the stock finished and want to bring it to the shoot.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
124»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file