The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

1100310041006100810091016

Replies

  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,247 Senior Member
    Nearly 4 hours to change a power steering belt on a front wheel drive car. That's crazy but I got it done.
    Was it one of those sideways mounted (transverse) engines? If so, you did it pretty quick! :D
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,099 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Nearly 4 hours to change a power steering belt on a front wheel drive car. That's crazy but I got it done.
    Was it one of those sideways mounted (transverse) engines? If so, you did it pretty quick! :D
    He had a Winch/Wench to hep him get er done...Crying with Laughter animated emoticon
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,840 Senior Member


    5lbs of sriracha jerky in the dehydrator. Hose smells awesome
    That's gonna be tasty!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,840 Senior Member
    Nearly 4 hours to change a power steering belt on a front wheel drive car. That's crazy but I got it done.
    Good form
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,870 Senior Member
    I just quoted 3 people and typed a reply. Hit post and it has to be approved. Thought those days were behind us.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,870 Senior Member
    edited June 4 #30157
    BFH, well I thought maybe that was why but it let me post that.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,054 Senior Member
    Well, tomorrow is my first clinical of the semester.

    YIPPEE
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,558 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Well, tomorrow is my first clinical of the semester.

    YIPPEE
    This means that you are getting somewhere.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,054 Senior Member
    terminator012 said:
     And yes the wench did help me a few times.
    You'd best hope Mrs Terminator doesn't read this. We (Me and Mrs poet) like her, she's a sweet lady, but I suspect she'll HURT you... >:)

    bwahahahahaha
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,947 Senior Member
    Nearly 4 hours to change a power steering belt on a front wheel drive car. That's crazy but I got it done.
    I still think FWD was the answer to a question nobody was asking...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,870 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    terminator012 said:
     And yes the wench did help me a few times.
    You'd best hope Mrs Terminator doesn't read this. We (Me and Mrs poet) like her, she's a sweet lady, but I suspect she'll HURT you... >:)

    bwahahahahaha

    She knows I'm just joking. She has put up with me this long. She can be good help and works as hard as I do.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,840 Senior Member
    edited June 4 #30164
    Susan made desert today, a sort of fruit tart she served with some vanilla ice-cream. She made a sauce and drizzled it over everything. I say, wow this sauce is amazing...what is it? She said it was something she threw together from heavy cream,  brown sugar, butter, vanilla and Makers Mark. 

    I swear the way she cooks I should weigh 5 times what I do.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,947 Senior Member
    Why do hotel showers have to be so darn low? Once again, I had to do a back bend to wash my hair that Rachel Brice would have been proud of...

    And what's up with this sudden "thing" about doing away with vending machines and selling stuff from a little room near the front desk? In one way, I like it. The quality and selection is much better than vending machines, and I don't have to deal with broken or empty machines - such as we had at the No-Tel in Pulaski for instance. OTOH, I have to wait a turn at the front desk to get the stuff charged to my room - that sucks. I also think hotels are going to lose a LOT of money doing this, because the front desk staff are either too busy, or in the back, or whatever. I'm honest, and call somebody out to check my stuff out - but I'm sure a lot of stuff is going to walk - yet EVERY hotel I've stayed in other than Pulaski is suddenly doing this whereas I'd never heard of it last year when I crossed the country and came to the shoot...

    *shrug*
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,646 Senior Member
    You need to stop staying at hotels that rent by the hour zorba !
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,840 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    You need to stop staying at hotels that rent by the hour zorba !
    Those still have vending machines, but they don’t vend food! 
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,549 Senior Member
    I can't even look at news sites anymore. Top Headlines.....

    "Melania Trump not seen for 20 days. Did she move out of White House?"

    Because you know her first priority after getting kidney surgery is public appearances ...

    "Bill Clinton shades Trump"

    Clinton, "I couldn't get elected now because I can't embarrass anyone on Twitter."

    He could rape/ sexually assault/ get BJay's in the Oval office from them........ but he can't embarrass them. No, he couldn't do that!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,247 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Nearly 4 hours to change a power steering belt on a front wheel drive car. That's crazy but I got it done.
    Was it one of those sideways mounted (transverse) engines? If so, you did it pretty quick! :D
    Nearly 4 hours to change a power steering belt on a front wheel drive car. That's crazy but I got it done.
    Good form

    Yes it was one of them sideways mounted ones. Took the tire and the inner fender well out just to get to it. Once I got the tensioner screw loose the bracket was froze up. After a little TLC with a crow bar and a BFH it finally moved enough to get the new belt on. And yes the wench did help me a few times.
    Figured it was one of those sideways engines. Mounting an engine that way is just ignorant. Makes the hood shorter, but makes working on one a major pain in the patootie! Glad you had some good help! Mrs. Terminator is a nice lady; you best not lose her!
    zorba said:
    I still think FWD was the answer to a question nobody was asking...
    I LOVE Front Wheel Drive, in a car. Puts the weight on the drive wheels where it belongs. And they can get you out of situations that a rear wheel drive will leave you in a bad place.
     But I HATE, HATE, HATE transverse mounted engines. They're in two types, hard to work on, and danged near impossible to work on. The Subaru 'pancake' engine was, and still is a good design, and easy to work on. Everybody making the transverse engine models crams the freakin' motor against the firewall making it next to impossible to work on, and the lack of air flow between firewall and engine causes HUGE problems.


    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,170 Senior Member
    But FWD takes the weight off the front wheels when accelerating from a dead stop as the car ‘squats’ to the rear
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,917 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Why do hotel showers have to be so darn low? Once again, I had to do a back bend to wash my hair that Rachel Brice would have been proud of...

    And what's up with this sudden "thing" about doing away with vending machines and selling stuff from a little room near the front desk? In one way, I like it. The quality and selection is much better than vending machines, and I don't have to deal with broken or empty machines - such as we had at the No-Tel in Pulaski for instance. OTOH, I have to wait a turn at the front desk to get the stuff charged to my room - that sucks. I also think hotels are going to lose a LOT of money doing this, because the front desk staff are either too busy, or in the back, or whatever. I'm honest, and call somebody out to check my stuff out - but I'm sure a lot of stuff is going to walk - yet EVERY hotel I've stayed in other than Pulaski is suddenly doing this whereas I'd never heard of it last year when I crossed the country and came to the shoot...

    *shrug*
    Get a hair cut
    I have a need for speed
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,646 Senior Member
    After a morning of paper work & phone calls I managed to do a break job on my K1500. It put up a fight but I won out. A 1 hour job took 3 but didn't cost a dime. ( pads are life time ) They hate me because I keep vehicles usually around 20 years. My next one I don't think I will have that long ! lol
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,947 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I LOVE Front Wheel Drive, in a car. Puts the weight on the drive wheels where it belongs. And they can get you out of situations that a rear wheel drive will leave you in a bad place.
    Then put the engine in the rear. FWD just causes unnecessary complications - rear engine makes a lot more sense to me...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,099 Senior Member
    I have AWD (All wheel drive) on my Subaru............seems to work good.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,840 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    After a morning of paper work & phone calls I managed to do a break job on my K1500. It put up a fight but I won out. A 1 hour job took 3 but didn't cost a dime. ( pads are life time ) They hate me because I keep vehicles usually around 20 years. My next one I don't think I will have that long ! lol
    Wrong! You time is valuable. Pay yourself for the 3 hours and go buy something fun!  ;)
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,870 Senior Member
    Going Wednesday afternoon to get 2 skids of Zoysia grass. My whole 1.2 acre yard is 95% bermuda. The other 5% is weeds and grasses that no matter what I do they find there way back. Got one small spot in the backyard that only gets about 5 hours of sun a day. Bermuda has a hard time growing there. This brand of Zoysia is supposed to be shade tolerant. Guess I will find out. Maybe I'm not throwing my money away.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,348 Senior Member
    Going Wednesday afternoon to get 2 skids of Zoysia grass. My whole 1.2 acre yard is 95% bermuda. The other 5% is weeds and grasses that no matter what I do they find there way back. Got one small spot in the backyard that only gets about 5 hours of sun a day. Bermuda has a hard time growing there. This brand of Zoysia is supposed to be shade tolerant. Guess I will find out. Maybe I'm not throwing my money away.
    Dude. Weeds is green. Same as grass. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,870 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Going Wednesday afternoon to get 2 skids of Zoysia grass. My whole 1.2 acre yard is 95% bermuda. The other 5% is weeds and grasses that no matter what I do they find there way back. Got one small spot in the backyard that only gets about 5 hours of sun a day. Bermuda has a hard time growing there. This brand of Zoysia is supposed to be shade tolerant. Guess I will find out. Maybe I'm not throwing my money away.
    Dude. Weeds is green. Same as grass. 

    I know. Just another one of them projects I started years ago and cant seem to quit. 
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,054 Senior Member
    I know. Just another one of them projects I started years ago and cant seem to quit. 
    I have one of those too, it's to become a retired millionaire.

    Nowhere near finished with it yet :*(
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,247 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Going Wednesday afternoon to get 2 skids of Zoysia grass. My whole 1.2 acre yard is 95% bermuda. The other 5% is weeds and grasses that no matter what I do they find there way back. Got one small spot in the backyard that only gets about 5 hours of sun a day. Bermuda has a hard time growing there. This brand of Zoysia is supposed to be shade tolerant. Guess I will find out. Maybe I'm not throwing my money away.
    Dude. Weeds is green. Same as grass. 

    I know. Just another one of them projects I started years ago and cant seem to quit. 
    Yards/lawns. Another one of those holes you shovel money into endlessly. FWIW, I have Zoysia grass in my front yard that sees a LOT of shade during the day. It was set out as sprigs a long time ago. It's thicker than hair on a dog's back, is drought resistant, seems to be VERY shade tolerant, and spreads more and more each year. It's so thick that it chokes out most everything but a little clover here and there, and the occasional dandelion.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • GilaGila Posts: 43 Member
    tennmike said:
    Yards/lawns. Another one of those holes you shovel money into endlessly. FWIW, I have Zoysia grass in my front yard that sees a LOT of shade during the day. It was set out as sprigs a long time ago. It's thicker than hair on a dog's back, is drought resistant, seems to be VERY shade tolerant, and spreads more and more each year. It's so thick that it chokes out most everything but a little clover here and there, and the occasional dandelion.
    I've never heard of zoysia grass.  Is there any chance the stuff will grow in the Sonora Desert here where I live?  Burmuda does well here if given enough water, something that is in short supply unless it rains.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file